Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Surface IE10 Whitelist Cloud Tool v1.0 -Cloud based solution to enable IE10 flash

Tip us?

com2soft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Wink Surface IE10 Whitelist Cloud Tool v1.0 -Cloud based solution to enable IE10 flash

This tool allow you to download a maintained Whitelist for IE10 on Surface. We will continuously update the maintained whitelist (on the cloud) with new websites so hopefully you need not manually maintain a Whitelist.

Usage:
[Selection]
1. Download the Whitelist from cloud.
2. Not available now.
3. Backup your current Whitelist to C:\users\%Username%\AppData\local\temp
4. Use the downloaded Whitelist to update your whitelist and delete browser history. New Whitelist will be effective immediately.

Download the tool: (attached)

Disclaimer: Use this tool on your own risk. You may examine the code before use. We are not responsible in case fault behaviour occurs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RTWhitelistCloud-v1en.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.8 KB, 195 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to com2soft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

com2soft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
--------------------------------

com2soft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
added these two streaming flash websites:

slipstreamtv.com
usagoals.com

tested works on RT.
The Following User Says Thank You to com2soft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mikeparakh
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by com2soft View Post
added these two streaming flash websites:

slipstreamtv.com
usagoals.com

tested works on RT.
Are we able to add sites ourself still to this? Or do we need to request through you once using the custom white list?

Mikeparakh
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Also, after I did this, I restarted my surface and when restarting it acted as if id just done a windows update? It had the percentage up and said windows was updating, however I hadn't installed any updates nor had any auto installed. Is that meant to happen? Since doing it I feel my internet has been a little more sluggish also, not sure if it's just in my mind.

com2soft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeparakh View Post
Are we able to add sites ourself still to this? Or do we need to request through you once using the custom white list?
I am designing the V2.0 which has a online website for adding new URL to the Whitelist.

com2soft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Also, after I did this, I restarted my surface and when restarting it acted as if id just done a windows update? It had the percentage up and said windows was updating, however I hadn't installed any updates nor had any auto installed. Is that meant to happen? Since doing it I feel my internet has been a little more sluggish also, not sure if it's just in my mind.

Hi,

There is no need to restart your Surface. Select [1] only download a Whitelist to your c:\users\public\downloads folder. Select [4] will copy that Whitelist to replace your existing one and then it will clear browser's history. Even you have IE open, refresh the website once, and it should work.

com2soft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
added streaming movie site: solarmovie.so and most of its embedded sites.

com2soft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
v2.0 is released. You can add your own URL

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmluumz8d1...oud-v2en.zip?m
The Following User Says Thank You to com2soft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Montastic
Old
Thanks Meter 19
This will be not needed after tomorrow's update:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/11/40...-8-rt-march-12
Microsoft Surface 2
Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Retired: Microsoft Surface R
Retired: Samsung Focus (Windows 7.5)