Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2][Aug 6th] Slim Bean-d2spr [build 8]

Tip us?

Tyzing
Old
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Anyone want to post the mirror since the sites down?

Advertize
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by life View Post
Are you using the 2-16 dark slim apps or earlier version?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I am actually using the package from 2-5-2012.

cordell12
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3344

DONATE TO ME
Sup guy/gals!

So you see we are still 4.2.1 we wanted to give a solid updated build for everyone then start the 4.2.2 merge. Any bugs found, you can report but with 4.2.2 getting merged they wont be looked into until this is done. And a whole new set of bugs will be born, lol.

Have a question about the Kernel...

I have been using CM kernel with a few tweaks to it, like OverClock, Fast Charge, nothing to crazy. How many use the included kernel, or does most of you flash KT or Lean kernels? Reason I am asking is I am probably going to start supporting Galaxy Tab 2 and to keep up with the d2 device, and the added tablets, the kernel project would be the first place I can find extra time if I removed it. The stock CM kernel would be included, still compiled with linaro tool chain, just no OverClock or Fast Charge, these can be had from KT and Lean kernels though.

Thoughts???

you will find a new feature, even though this was released on 2 roms before we released with this 1.0 stable, they are a slim rom original

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2980360_3.gif

NOTE: Search, Read, Produce a Logcat then report any Stock Slim Issues

<--- If you want to buy me a Coffee or Cold Beer, please use the "Donate To Me" Button under my Avatar, Thanks!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cordell12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eltrutgnik
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2spr Stable 1.0 [2-16-13]

Anybody else having trouble with the camera freezing up after couple pictures, then not being able to connect after that. I'm on the latest build. Using slimgapps

life
Old
Thanks Meter 741

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordell12 View Post
Sup guy/gals!

So you see we are still 4.2.1 we wanted to give a solid updated build for everyone then start the 4.2.2 merge. Any bugs found, you can report but with 4.2.2 getting merged they wont be looked into until this is done. And a whole new set of bugs will be born, lol.

Have a question about the Kernel...

I have been using CM kernel with a few tweaks to it, like OverClock, Fast Charge, nothing to crazy. How many use the included kernel, or does most of you flash KT or Lean kernels? Reason I am asking is I am probably going to start supporting Galaxy Tab 2 and to keep up with the d2 device, and the added tablets, the kernel project would be the first place I can find extra time if I removed it. The stock CM kernel would be included, still compiled with linaro tool chain, just no OverClock or Fast Charge, these can be had from KT and Lean kernels though.

Thoughts???

you will find a new feature, even though this was released on 2 roms before we released with this 1.0 stable, they are a slim rom original

I always use included kernel, but with the extra devices your taking on, if the kernel is a problem to keep up with, scrap it. Whatever will make it easier on you and continues the awesome builds works for me

My Devices
Verizon LG G2-related forums
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III-related forums
Hp Touchpad-related forums
Sprint HTC Evo 4G (OG)-related forums
don't waste the post, just click the button!!
The Following User Says Thank You to life For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jayharper08
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7836

Quote:
I always use included kernel, but with the extra devices your taking on, if the kernel is a problem to keep up with, scrap it. Whatever will make it easier on you and continues the awesome builds works for me

Same here Cordell. I'm not a huge kernel switcher/user. I always use the provided kernel unless something is really borked. Whatever works easier for you sir.

--Jay-- Moderating from the Slimmedô GSIII
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayharper08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nimaim
Old
(Last edited by nimaim; 17th February 2013 at 02:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 143
Cordell, no reason to support kernel development if you are taking on another device. Included kernel is fine, I am just a flashaholic that likes everything perfect (so to maximize battery life, I flash something like KT so I can underclock to 96 mhz on idle). I'm with the others here: whatever is easier for you and whatever you want to work on next Honestly, we are just fortunate that you are supporting this device.

On the same topic actually, is there any easy way to go back to the default SlimBean kernel other than reflashing the ROM? Like a flashable kernel zip? That would make it easy to swap out and test different kernels. Not asking you to make one, just asking if it already exists, thanks!

life
Old
Thanks Meter 741

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimaim View Post
Cordell, no reason to support kernel development if you are taking on another device. Included kernel is fine, I am just a flashaholic that likes everything perfect (so to maximize battery life, I flash something like KT so I can underclock to 96 mhz on idle). I'm with the others here: whatever is easier for you and whatever you want to work on next Honestly, we are just fortunate that you are supporting this device.

On the same topic actually, is there any easy way to go back to the default SlimBean kernel other than reflashing the ROM? Like a flashable kernel zip? That would make it easy to swap out and test different kernels. Not asking you to make one, just asking if it already exists, thanks!
Just dirty flash rom should work, right? Wiping only the caches which you would do for kernel anyway.

My Devices
Verizon LG G2-related forums
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III-related forums
Hp Touchpad-related forums
Sprint HTC Evo 4G (OG)-related forums
don't waste the post, just click the button!!

tubesaq
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Just dirty flash rom should work, right? Wiping only the caches which you would do for kernel anyway.
Yeah, can we flash from RC2 to Stable w/o a full wipe?

Tyzing
Old
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
I cant get KT to install without bootloops...will not boot up at all...any help would be great.

Also, anyone having data issues? I cannot seem to pickup 3G when I leave wifi

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe