Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?
Very Easy 83 32.30%
Somewhat Easy 40 15.56%
Easy 70 27.24%
Difficult 28 10.89%
Somewhat Difficult 14 5.45%
Very Difficult 22 8.56%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Tip us?

BELASCO
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
BELASCO,

I like that! Have you used the latests version to Backup your Kindle? Please backup the Kindle using the 2 different methods. What did you finally do to be able to resolve your issue? Did you move all the backup images to C:\KFFirstAide\KindleBackup?

Did you use our software to install Google Apps?
Issue was resolved by reinstalling back to 7.2.3 then Gapps both with KFFirstAide. This was with one of last night's versions, so I had to fill in some gaps manually. I'll install the Bravia & audio enhancements later, as neither are high on me list.

Oh. BTW...Google Talk works!

mjpca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help?

Hi everyone,

This looks like a great tool. I have not been able to get it to root my device, though, and figure there must be something obvious that I am doing wrong. I am on firmware version 8.1.4; 8.9" device. My PC is running Windows 7.

I have adb installed and working. I have installed the KF First Aide tool in accordance with the instructions. My drivers appear to be installed correctly. I am running the runme.bat file as admin.

When I get into the tool and run option 11, adb is definitely detecting my device.

When I run root method 1, I get the following:

[Message saying prepping for automated install and then the following:]

rm failed for /data/local/tmp, Permission denied
Link failed File exists

[Message that my kindle is being rebooted (and my kindle in fact does reboot); then I get:]

/system/bin/sh: cannot create nul: Read only file system
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: Permission denied

[Message saying that my kindle is rebooting and that it will look unusual; and my kindle in fact reboots. Then it says:]

** We Are Now Testing To See If We Have The Proper Access. **

The system cannot find the file specified.

[Then the command box sits there forever until I shut it down.]

I have tried Root Method 2, and while that also appears to go through reboots, etc., that also ends in some sort of error. I can give the specific messages from that method as well if helpful. Any thoughts? Again, thanks for any help.

Mike

markbc01
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Wow!

This thread is becoming the "Manhattan Project for Kindle Fires"! It's very exciting to read/watch the real-time evolution of a super-app!

[Unfortunately this week I am so tied up with my own (boring) project, that I can't take the time to run this growing Kindle-upgrade-machine on my poor KFTT. . . (I have to discipline myself to stop jumping back and following each development on this thread! --it's almost like a suspense novel. . .(well maybe that is a bit much!) . . . But as a KFTT user I do want to know! "will the menu get fixed?" "will the added functionality for 64bit work as well as 32bit?". . . ."and what about those poor mac users with KFTT?"

I hope to get caught up soon so that I can steal some time to run my KFTT through these new versions . . . but I bet that by the time I do, the "runme.bat" will be about 90% different from todays!

THANKS Prokennexusa & ALL OF YOU who are testing and fixing and pushing this forward
-- it is like nothing I have seen in Android for any other device
-- and given that most KFTT users are not heavy-tech folks, by the time this is done it will make a real difference to a great many of (us)!

Random Username
Old
(Last edited by Random Username; 18th February 2013 at 06:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
Random Username,

Thank you very much for the Feedback, we give the end user the option to replace the Lock Screen and since Magic Locker has some really cool themes we thought why not, if the end user wants something different then they can have it. We use Magic Locker on our Kindles.

The errors is usually caused by one of a few common issues:

1. You extracted the package to the C:\KFFirstAide folder and created a second folder within the main folder. There should be one folder it must be named C:\KFFirstAide. Please move all the contents of the second folder to C:\KFFirstAide then delete the second folder.

2. You extracted the folder and left the number at the end, so if the folder is C:\KFFirstAide32 or C:\KFFirstAide64 the process will fail. The name of the folder should be C:\KFFirstAide. Please remove the 32 or 64 at the end of the folder name.

3. You are missing the Environment Variable of C:\KFFirstAide. Please add C:\KFFirstAide to the Environment Variable in the Microsoft Windows PATH Statement.

4. You have the Android SDK Installed - remove the SDK

When you cleared up the issues then download the latest version of our Software 02/17/2013 at 12:32pm the current version is Rev 31:

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 31 Major Release - Download the complete package:

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip

Kindle Fire First Aide Microsoft Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip

Please extract the package as C:\KFFirstAide - BE SURE TO REMOVE THE EXTENSION OF 32 OR 64, since these packages will extract with numbers on the end.

Be sure to add the Windows Environment Variable of C:\KFFirstAide to the Path Statement, if you require instructions please go to the first page of this thread.

Be sure to REMOVE the Android SDK, this will cause the process to fail.

Finally, it is very important to make sure you are using the latest version of Java SE:

Java SE Development Kit 7u13
I forgot to put it in C:\ *facepalm*

Another problem. Every time I click on a GPlay link (from an app or from the web) it tries to redirect to the Amazon Appstore. How do I turn this off?

prokennexusa
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 948

DONATE TO ME
Question Sony Bravia Engine and Xloud Engine Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by persano View Post
exellent, when i get my tablet, i will update my tweaks with my latest tweaks and rpengine (mpengine but even better)

bravia engine affect graffics and sound and xloud make sound even better ?
persano,

These two services are for large external TV's and loudspeakers. The Kindle can now be used to decode high end audio and video paths. Here is a small explanation of the two services. These services slightly improve music through headphones or video through the 7" display - the Bravia Engine is running on the HDMI Port and xLoud is running on the mini jack. So if you connect the Kindle to external Video or Audio you will notice much higher clarity and sharper picture when you plug the Kindle into a high end audio or video system.

FINALLY, the Kindle can be used for high end audio and video reproduction.

BRAVIA typifies what Sony television stands for - the best resolution, the best audio, fully digital and of course the best picture, driven by BRAVIA Engine Picture Enhancement System.

The BRAVIA range offers the perfect combination of cutting edge technology and contemporary free flowing design
BRAVIA Breakthrough Technology

BRAVIA Engine

BRAVIA engine is what makes a Sony BRAVIA totally unique. But what is BRAVIA Engine - In short it is a suite of image processing technologies that act as a total digital processing studio. It works to improve the image quality from any signal. As a result, you will see clearer, sharper and more natural images especially relevant when watching standard definition or a Freeview signal
In Addition to the standard BRAVIA engine, there are 2 enhanced versions available
BRAVIA Engine EX

BRAVIA Engine EX: Also has further noise reduction, super enhanced contrast and advanced natural colour. It also features Digital Reality Creation (DRC), which up-scales standard definition inputs by quadrupling the number of pixels in the image source to create HD picture quality
BRAVIA Engine Pro

BRAVIA Engine Pro: Is the highest form of BRAVIA Engine. In addition to the benefits of BRAVIA Engine EX, BRAVIA Engine Pro features advanced Digital Reality Creation (DRC) which further enhances high definition inputs such as from Sky HD, to give clearer and sharper HD images
Motionflow +100Hz

Conventional LCD Televisions show 50 pictures, or frames, a second (50Hz). Sony's unique Motionflow +100Hz system, which is introduced with the new D-series, doubles the amount of pictures shown to 100 per second (100Hz).
Standard 100Hz Technology can create motion blur or a judder in the picture, however Sony's unique Motionflow +100Hz system combats and eliminates this by intelligently manufacturing the additional frames rather than just repeating them
Dynamic Contrast

Dynamic Contrast is the maximum amount of difference between black and white, where as Standard Contrast is the contrast visible on the screen at any one time. A high number is impressive, but it is essential not to forget about the greys in the middle - and that's where Sony is unique with Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE). A unique Sony Algoritm (part of ACE) ensures the subtle shades of grey also remain.
BRAVIA Theatre Sync

All New BRAVIA will feature BRAVIA Theatre Sync, with a single touch of a button; you will be able to control your entire home entertainment system. Essentially it will automatically turn on all components, change input and get sound thus eliminating the requirement for numerous remote controls
Live Colour Creation

Live Colour Creation combines circuitry, backlight and a colour filter to create a picture which is more realistic and a natural fit to the human eye, the result is deeper greens and deeper reds. The consumer benefit is that you can see 30% more colours with "Live Colour Creation".

Sony xLoud

Sony xLoud Sound Mobile is a sound engine that change the output values of your phone. It includes sound libraries and a software equalizer for the best audio experiance! The best quality is produced in cooperation with Beats Audio! This enanchement can work with the standards desireHD’s enanchements in music box! So it can work with beats audio for an exclusive music and movie experiance!
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)

The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!

SkOrPn
Old
Thanks Meter 447

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbc01 View Post
Wow!

This thread is becoming the "Manhattan Project for Kindle Fires" It's very exciting to read/watch the real-time evolution of a super-app! --it's almost like a suspense novel. . .
I agree, lol, I think this tool could have gotten the Apollo 13 astronauts home in half the time, so long they knew which end of my cable to connect first, LOL... Ok, one of us is exaggerating a little and its not you...

unBricked 6 times via "The SkOrPn JIG"
"The SkOrPn Motorola & Kindle Fire Factory Cable"

High Quality is never an accident.
It is always the result of excellent intention, intelligent direction, sincere effort and skillful execution.
It represents the wisest choice of many alternatives! ~ William A. Foster ~ Edited by ME!

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 948

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide - 02/17/2013 at 23:46 Rev 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by persano View Post
exellent, when i get my tablet, i will update my tweaks with my latest tweaks and rpengine (mpengine but even better)

bravia engine affect graffics and sound and xloud make sound even better ?
persano,

Software 02/17/2013 at 23:46pm the current version is Rev 34:

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 34 Major Release - Download the complete package:

Please extract the package as C:\KFFirstAide - BE SURE TO REMOVE THE EXTENSION OF 32 OR 64, since these packages will extract with numbers on the end.

Be sure to add the Windows Environment Variable of C:\KFFirstAide to the Path Statement, if you require instructions please go to the first page of this thread.

Finally, it is very important to make sure you are using the latest version of Java SE:

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 948

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
Sounds great man you guys doing great work!!!
lacoursiere18,

When you get your Tablet back, download and test this package. We would love your feedback.

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 34 Major Release - Download the complete package:

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 948

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by point99trash2011 View Post
Waiting for payday sux so I can order a factory cable from someone, I don't feel like making another second rate one again, would rather a quality one. Anyone know of a good place to order one, then I wont feel bad flashing my hd 7" crazily, cause I will have a recovery path.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
point99trash2011,

We stock the SkOrPn cables. What do you need to do to the Kindle? Do you have a broken Bootloader? If yes, you indeed need a Factory USB Cable, otherwise our software is able to boot a healthy Bootloader into Fastboot.

prokennexusa
Old
Thanks Meter 948

DONATE TO ME
Storage Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkOrPn View Post
The rumor is, this guy at this link makes pretty darned good ones but fair warning he is a nut case and tests his cables multiple times before shipping. He even puts a logo on it as if it will make it work better, jeez what a weirdo.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15&postcount=9

I forgot to mention, he even ships them in water-proof bubble mailers... water proof mailers, really? just crazy
SkOrPn,

Overkill, such a lovely way to do things...........

You should post something like the above link in this thread (Post #9), it would be fine with us.

The Following User Says Thank You to prokennexusa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
kfhd system.img restore tool, kindle fire brick, kindle fire recovery, kindle fire restore, kindle fire utility