I messed up...update failed, nothing anymore...
Hi there developers, I am in deep trouble, hope someone can help as all I see now is the samsung logo or download mode...
This is my first post, as I try to give some details this might not be the shortest, please MOD feel free to change or move this post if not accurate (please let me know).
I bought a Samsung Galaxy note for my Wife.
Bought it from HK turns out it seems to be an I717 model with some Korean input.
The phone worked fine from day one. Actually I'm the one who messed up when I tried to add some apk and root the phone.
I upgraded firmware and rooted some phones before, but in this case, it becomes clear that I don't know what I'm doing anymore..
I try to give as many info as possible hoping for someone to help providing the adapted solution to get this phone back to the wife.
- all started as I tried to installed some apps needing the phone to be rooted
- so, I root the phone, phone is confirmed rooted...
- however I find that the menu and back button at the bottom do not work anymore, also the auto rotation is reversed...horizontal instead of vertical and vice-versa. The battery doesn't charge anymore and is indicated as disconnected...
- Eventually I find a way to charge the battery in order to be able to interact with the phone.
- I still find some Korean characters inside the phone so to try to solve the problem I decide to upgrade the firmware... Kies won't let me do this so I download some firmware and use Odin
- Sometimes it works (PASS), sometimes it doesn't (FAIL) but in any case the phone doesn't start after the process completed...I can't even get to recovery mode.
- The only thing I can do now is to put the phone in download mode and re-try....
- at the end the phone would be in a loop between vibrate then samsung logo, vibrate then...even Odin indicates PASS
- so far I have downloaded every possible firmware for this phone that I found (N7000ZSLM5, thaidai, pda...)
- my last attempt used not only the pda file but pda, phone and csc file even tried to add the PID.
Is there any way to reinstall this phone completely and properly? At this stage I am not looking anymore for the latest software...
This is what was inside when I bought it.
OS Android OS, v2.3.5 (Gingerbread), upgradable to v4.1
CPU Dual-core 1.4 GHz ARM Cortex-A9
thanks in advance for any help provided, I hope this could help anyone facing this trouble....
PS: Could do a skype if this saves some of your time. thanks