View Poll Results: Which Kernel is the 'Best'?
Stock 254 18.29%
Trinity by morfic 116 8.35%
Motley Kernel by _motley 227 16.34%
Faux Kernel by faux123 143 10.30%
Franco.kernel by franciscofranco 434 31.25%
Clemsyn's Elite Kernel 28 2.02%
GLaDOS by Ezekeel 14 1.01%
Other 173 12.46%
Voters: 1389. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

[GUIDE] *19/8 UPDATE!* 4.3 RESULTS! N7 'Best' Kernel (Performance & Battery Tests)

OP bcvictory

18th February 2013, 02:49 AM   |  #381  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Re: [GUIDE] *27/1 UPDATE* 4.2.1 RESULTS! N7 'Best' Kernel? (Performance & Battery Tes
It's working very nicely with my n7 on their PA nightly of 4.2.2

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
18th February 2013, 03:04 AM   |  #382  
FitAmp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Terrace
Thanks Meter: 690
 
1,418 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Re: [GUIDE] *27/1 UPDATE* 4.2.1 RESULTS! N7 'Best' Kernel? (Performance & Battery Tes
Just showing you my battery backup. For people wondering about 4.2.2, this is it completely stock.

I've got very great battery usage, always had WiFi on

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361156613089.jpg
Views:	995
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1739185Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361156635800.jpg
Views:	982
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1739188Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361156654002.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1739192

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
18th February 2013, 03:57 AM   |  #383  
azoller1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lenexa
Thanks Meter: 1,637
 
1,765 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Very nice job of doing this, I might start a thread like this for the best TCP congestion mode
The Following User Says Thank You to azoller1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 04:50 AM   |  #384  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitAmp

Just showing you my battery backup. For people wondering about 4.2.2, this is it completely stock.

I've got very great battery usage, always had WiFi on


Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I just can't seem to get such great battery life. I'm almost 13 hours on battery with only 1 hour and 18 minutes of screen time and my battery is down to 68%. For some reason Android OS is using 40% (the screen is using 40% as well). I'm in the same boat as you in terms of wi-fi always being on, but I'm on M-Kernel and a custom ROM rather than stock. I really should give the stock kernel a go and see how that manages.
18th February 2013, 05:10 AM   |  #385  
FitAmp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Terrace
Thanks Meter: 690
 
1,418 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Re: [GUIDE] *27/1 UPDATE* 4.2.1 RESULTS! N7 'Best' Kernel? (Performance & Battery Tes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynksbsbll2

I just can't seem to get such great battery life. I'm almost 13 hours on battery with only 1 hour and 18 minutes of screen time and my battery is down to 68%. For some reason Android OS is using 40% (the screen is using 40% as well). I'm in the same boat as you in terms of wi-fi always being on, but I'm on M-Kernel and a custom ROM rather than stock. I really should give the stock kernel a go and see how that manages.

Other things can have a negative impact on battery life, I do have tons of apps, but I always manage which ones are running. Also clean installing a ROM is always safer and will probably give you some better battery life due to everything being clean. Many apps do have instances of running in background so it is helpful to check every now and than.

Also disabling GPS will give you some extra time per charge. I always disable it. And I keep WiFi location enabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
18th February 2013, 01:25 PM   |  #386  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitAmp

Other things can have a negative impact on battery life, I do have tons of apps, but I always manage which ones are running. Also clean installing a ROM is always safer and will probably give you some better battery life due to everything being clean. Many apps do have instances of running in background so it is helpful to check every now and than.

Also disabling GPS will give you some extra time per charge. I always disable it. And I keep WiFi location enabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Yea, I already do most of those things. I think my current ROM/kernel setup is just particularly bad as I drained 23% overnight whereas I normally only drain maybe 4 or 5%.
18th February 2013, 05:44 PM   |  #387  
FitAmp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Terrace
Thanks Meter: 690
 
1,418 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Re: [GUIDE] *27/1 UPDATE* 4.2.1 RESULTS! N7 'Best' Kernel? (Performance & Battery Tes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynksbsbll2

Yea, I already do most of those things. I think my current ROM/kernel setup is just particularly bad as I drained 23% overnight whereas I normally only drain maybe 4 or 5%.

Sounds like a bad setup. I can get about 1-2% battery drain overnight (on average)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
18th February 2013, 10:39 PM   |  #388  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitAmp

Sounds like a bad setup. I can get about 1-2% battery drain overnight (on average)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Definitely. Thanks to your pictures I might even just go back to complete stock android and see how that fares for battery life.
18th February 2013, 10:59 PM   |  #389  
FitAmp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Terrace
Thanks Meter: 690
 
1,418 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Re: [GUIDE] *27/1 UPDATE* 4.2.1 RESULTS! N7 'Best' Kernel? (Performance & Battery Tes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynksbsbll2

Definitely. Thanks to your pictures I might even just go back to complete stock android and see how that fares for battery life.

Didn't really state it before, but yes I am rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 12:13 AM   |  #390  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Well, after a little trial and error I've finally got this thing pinned down. I'm already at about 8 hours of screen on time (device on about 17 hours) and still have 24%. At this rate I should be able to get 10 hours of screen time no problem. Unfortunately I had to reboot at one point and it stopped logging screen on time so I can't really back it up with pictures

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 General by ThreadRank