5,603,591 Members 35,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from beanstown106: Alliance Rom Build 25 is Now Live!!

★☞ [Rom][4.3] AllianceRom - Build 25 THE Most Customisable TW ROM On ANY Device [03/21/14][Aroma][MJ9] ☜★

Tip us?

statustray
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 9 [02/12/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][I605VRALL4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Cwulf View Post
Same thing did happen to me when I followed your steps I just don't know what's causing it. I normally dont add events so I never knew about it till now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Ohhhhh... You're able to reproduce the issue. Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully beans or someone else can come in with the definitive answer. Thanks a lot for everything as it is nice to know that you could duplicate the issue

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

galannyc
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 9 [02/12/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][I605VRALL4

Just wanted to share my current experience with this rom (B9); its great overall, but I get consistent system crashes every time I hold the main button down while trying to switch between apps. Other than that, we are good.

wmaudio
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstown106 View Post
ill look into it but for people that dont want them all recorded it seems like it would take up alot of uneccesary space
Beans - this is regarding auto-record of all calls...perhaps make it an option to turn autorecording of all calls on or off rather than forcing it to record all...or perhaps a ZIP I can flash in recovery that would enable it.
BTW - 58446843DM370393A - I know it's not as much as what this ROM is worth, but I can't afford a week's salary right now lol

heatpipe
Old
Thanks Meter 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by statustray View Post
I am running Beans 9 and seem to have a issue with Contacts. I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but here's what happens:

1. View a contact
2. Switch to "Edit" mode
3. Try to add an event
4. Click in the "Date" field for the event
5. It hangs there, and then eventually states "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped."

This happens when editing a contact, or adding a new contact.

From what I can tell, this seems to be on the only field that hangs.

I have tried to "Clear data" and rebooted phone, and upon reboot gone back into contacts, and receive the same error message.

Any ideas? Or can any of you reproduce this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Stat...
I just wanted to say this reproduces for me as well. Good catch. Since Beans is emphasizing bug fixes for B10, hopefully he has time to look into this.

Edit: I'm also on B9/Beans stock kernel/clean install.

wmaudio
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumboy View Post
i keep getting a Play Store error 920 everytime i install Beans.
any suggestions? again?
A few questions...
1. Did you only wipe caches or data as well when flashing?
2. When you first boot to Beans after flashing, do you enter your Google account info during setup or skip that and then enter it later on (into Play directly, or via Settings > Accounts)?
3. Are you getting a 902 error or a 920 error?
4. Browse on your computer to Google Play. Does it show your phone there? If so, can you install an app from there?
5. in Google Play on your device, are you able to use Menu > My Apps and see your apps there? If so, do any of them show an update is available? If so, are you able to update?

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangme View Post
I was wondering why when you press read on a unread text message in the notification bar, it doesn't actually let you read it.
My SMS/MMS notifications are functioning as designed; I am able to jump to a message via the notification. Perhaps try clearing cache and Dalvik in recovery?

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Cwulf View Post
Same thing did happen to me when I followed your steps I just don't know what's causing it. I normally dont add events so I never knew about it till now. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
This is happening to me as well. Beans 9, Beans kernel.

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by galannyc View Post
Just wanted to share my current experience with this rom (B9); its great overall, but I get consistent system crashes every time I hold the main button down while trying to switch between apps. Other than that, we are good.
Please search the thread for "recent" as this issue is very common and there are known fixes and/or workarounds.

intelinside83
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgoldstein View Post
Does anyone else have issues with adding apps to multiview? Ex: I drag app A over but instead app B lands there.
I do have this problem just keep trying and soon or later it will end up over there lol ... that's what I got lol

galannyc
Old
Thanks Meter 6

Sense recents home button crashing fixed*

THANKS.. I changed the permissions of SystemUI.apk to 7777....hopefully this should do it.. So far so good.

intelinside83
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4rd View Post
I'm sorry if this is out of place, but has anyone mentioned or requested to have the ringer and notification volumes linked? I'm baffled as to why this is missing in the stock ROM or any other ROMs since it's a stock AOSP feature. Samsung had to have deliberately taken it out of Android for some reason and it's annoying to have to keep adjusting both volumes separately.

This ROM has been perfect so far though. I dirty flashed over Beans 9 over Beans 8 to fix the Sense recents crashing and replace it with stock recents (I like it much more) and all has been well .
I actually like the feature. I don't want to miss phone calls and at the same time I don't want to annoy anyone with a loud Notification

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Droidberg View Post
Because like you just pointed out, MMS messages don't work in Google Voice. Besides, I have unlimited texts with my share everything plan anyway, so texting through Google Voice wouldn't save me anything.

Also, my wife & I dropped our home phone & use our Google Voice # in place of it. We have it set to ring both of our phones when someone calls it.
What I do is use my old Droid Charge as a Home phone and use Google Voice and Groove IP ....

rjackson23
Old
Thanks Meter 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydene84 View Post
why is the option to enable DLNA not a selectabe option?? its always off?
Did u click on all share when u was in the aroma set up

sent from my bad ass note 2

statustray
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatpipe View Post
I just wanted to say this reproduces for me as well. Good catch. Since Beans is emphasizing bug fixes for B10, hopefully he has time to look into this.

Edit: I'm also on B9/Beans stock kernel/clean install.
Thanks for your reply too as well heatpipe. I really appreciate it Yes Beans 9 for me with his stock kernel. Like you I did a clean install in the beginning as well. I probably would not have noticed it if it weren't for a cousin of mine who told me his birthday yesterday evening. I was inputting it into my N2 when it kept erroring out on me.