No registration required

[Team Kernelizers][How To][VZW][TK Mod 2.4]KT747 Kernel Tweaks - Updated 8-5-13

OP RErick

18th February 2013, 03:44 AM   |  #231  
Flag Gotham
Thanks Meter: 1,113

687 posts
Re: [Team Kernelizers][How To] KT747 Kernel Tweaks
Gonna start toying around with this governor for ya, probably tomorrow. Had some things to iron out on that ktoonservative but now I've got a good understanding of what was going on, and I'm ready to press on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to castle_bravo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 03:58 AM   |  #232  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Collins, CO
Thanks Meter: 5,341

3,427 posts
Donate to Me
More
Okay I've been away from tweaking for a couple of days... Trying to get a script to run in recovery for the guys in the sprint forum. I will have some modified ones for us in a couple of weeks. For those that don't know me I am a driller on an oil rig in Colorado on a rig that runs Linux as the operating system lol. But I work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and I am going back to work on Tuesday for 2 weeks son I will be a little distant from the thread but not gone. I will still be testing and working on my next gov tweaks which will be a surprise!

What you know 'bout wearing a wolf on ya noggin?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RErick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 04:11 AM   |  #233  
Flag Gotham
Thanks Meter: 1,113

687 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RErick

Okay I've been away from tweaking for a couple of days... Trying to get a script to run in recovery for the guys in the sprint forum. I will have some modified ones for us in a couple of weeks. For those that don't know me I am a driller on an oil rig in Colorado on a rig that runs Linux as the operating system lol. But I work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and I am going back to work on Tuesday for 2 weeks son I will be a little distant from the thread but not gone. I will still be testing and working on my next gov tweaks which will be a surprise!

That's pretty interesting man lol, seriously, we all come from all walks of life I guess, I'm a knuckle dragger at a power plant but here I am fiddling away on this little phone. You're doing a great thing here on the threads just wanted to let you know. Thanks for all your tweaks and research and everything really.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to castle_bravo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 04:46 AM   |  #234  
Flag Afton
Thanks Meter: 3,076

2,901 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by castle_bravo

That's pretty interesting man lol, seriously, we all come from all walks of life I guess, I'm a knuckle dragger at a power plant but here I am fiddling away on this little phone. You're doing a great thing here on the threads just wanted to let you know. Thanks for all your tweaks and research and everything really.

Couldn't have said it better.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote:

I don't see how it causes more battery drain considering that it doesn't run anything but just loads a script to shut off CPU1. There has to be something else going on. Could you pm me a log cat... That would be helpful also the script version of CPU sleeper is pretty much the same thing as the app. I bought the app and recommend it because these devs spend a lot of time developing for us and I always buy the donate version of anything I use if only to help out. Remember these guys spend many hours for little or nothing only to benefit US. What's a dollar and a half anyway? Less than a beer at the bar or a pack of cigarettes or even a soda where I live. Donating to support the devs benefits EVERYONE I will not accept donations because I make enough money at my regular job so don't ask to donate to me. Help the real devs out there:thumbup::thumbup:

Sometimes tested it myself cpu sleeper doesn't like custom kernels and or some variants of Android. Some instances core two doesn't come back on. I had latest version as of January i believe and tested the versions before that. Not saying it don't work, but it could be adding drain to a phone easily if its not working right and some how effected hotplugging or anything else. Where is latest script. Id like to see if it has issues on ktweaker or anything else.
How does mpdecision effect cpu sleeper, which has control over which as in which takes command over the other?

Actually in the other thread i posted many pics proving core two stayed on entire time cpu sleeper was on and screen was off... I used Trepn Profiler Qualcomms own monitoring app. The graph showed core two never turned off. its a free app at Qualcomm website. Need to make an account free thats it. Atleast this was on my setup at the time i had posted it. I know all phones and setups can vary greatly.
Last edited by mw86; 18th February 2013 at 04:49 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mw86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 04:51 AM   |  #235  
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,591

2,220 posts
More
I believe the script can be found here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1745517

Testing it out tomorrow and going to see my results after a normal day of usage.
Sent from my Nexus 7
Last edited by luis86dr; 18th February 2013 at 04:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to luis86dr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 05:11 AM   |  #236  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Collins, CO

3,427 posts
Donate to Me
More
@mw86 The only thing is is that most of us are probably on Beans ROM which IMHO is the best lmao sorry been drinking but seriously, I have never heard of this with CPU Sleeper script or app, this is news to me and I can't wait to test this out. I want this APP I gotta make an account. O use CPU stats and can watch my cpu in the status bar. But I already know that you guys are light years ahead of me in this department +1

18th February 2013, 05:44 AM   |  #237  
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,591

2,220 posts
More
Quote:

@mw86 The only thing is is that most of us are probably on Beans ROM which IMHO is the best lmao sorry been drinking but seriously, I have never heard of this with CPU Sleeper script or app, this is news to me and I can't wait to test this out. I want this APP I gotta make an account. O use CPU stats and can watch my cpu in the status bar. But I already know that you guys are light years ahead of me in this department +1

Also got a link for qualcomms CPU monitor

https://developer.qualcomm.com/mobil...trepn-profiler

Thanks mw, gonna check it out as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7
18th February 2013, 05:50 AM   |  #238  
Flag Afton
Thanks Meter: 3,076

2,901 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis86dr

I believe the script can be found here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1745517

Testing it out tomorrow and going to see my results after a normal day of usage.
Sent from my Nexus 7

Thanks i thanked his page long ago in that thread. I didnt know script is latest too as i have apk 3+ something nkt listed in thread and it didn't work on some setups. Could be it works fine from script. A user at last few posts mentioned his apk never worked but script did maybe that was issue. Ill try it. Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mw86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 06:00 AM   |  #239  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Collins, CO

3,427 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw86

Thanks i thanked his page long ago in that thread. I didnt know script is latest too as i have apk 3+ something nkt listed in thread and it didn't work on some setups. Could be it works fine from script. A user at last few posts mentioned his apk never worked but script did maybe that was issue. Ill try it. Thanks.

Can you pm me a db link to this app?

18th February 2013, 06:17 AM   |  #240  
Thanks Meter: 59

356 posts
More
Just installed this on carbon 4.2.2... Let's see what happens 

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to what be up For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread