No registration required

Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G

OP mr-cook

18th February 2013, 05:34 AM   |  #1321  
Thanks Meter: 51

150 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpapa1086

lmao!!!! im sorry im not laughing at you but "traffic pumping" ... whats next???? call another rep and get this fixed and do not hang up the phone!!!!!

They do shady stuff like this all the time. A friend's husband had his account canceled because his phone would pocket dial and they said the short calls were consistent with those of a drug dealer.
18th February 2013, 05:51 AM   |  #1322  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,582

893 posts
Re: Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzSqueezeCheese

Screen on my battery drains 10% every 20 mins. Idk if I like that.

Battery power and stability are what I look for most in a ROM. You guys got any suggestions?

Wow. I'm getting close to an hour screen time for 10% battery. With SHOstock3 2.1 and aj's kernel. I switched to aj's kernel because ss2.1 was so bad on battery compared to 1.8 and earlier. Try switching kernels.

Yes razen_kain the kernel is what affects battery, and performance.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
The Following User Says Thank You to mr-cook For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 05:56 AM   |  #1323  
Thanks Meter: 97

398 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook

Wow. I'm getting close to an hour screen time for 10% battery. With SHOstock3 2.1 and aj's kernel. I switched to aj's kernel because ss2.1 was so bad on battery compared to 1.8 and earlier. Try switching kernels.

Yes razen_kain the kernel is what affects battery, and performance.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

I have no clue how to switch kernels. Or where to find it.
18th February 2013, 06:03 AM   |  #1324  

893 posts
Quote:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36993409

You need the PhilZ CWM first if you don't already have it.

Put it on your sd card, boot into CWM, wipe cache and dalvik cache, flash kernel, reboot recovery, go to kernel specific options and reset ExTweaks profiles. Reboot.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
18th February 2013, 06:05 AM   |  #1325  

398 posts
Quote:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36993409

You need the PhilZ CWM first if you don't already have it.

Put it on your sd card, boot into CWM, wipe cache and dalvik cache, flash kernel, reboot recovery, go to kernel specific options and reset ExTweaks profiles. Reboot.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.
18th February 2013, 06:08 AM   |  #1326  
Thanks Meter: 68

278 posts
Quote:

The siyah kernel has evolved into AJK. Search the threads for AJK i777. The current version is 1.3 at the moment. They install easily in recovery just like you flash a rom. Just make sure that you already have Philz custom recovery, otherwise the ajk kernel won't work. Also read the installation instructions carefully. You have to clear cache and dalvik, flash the kernel, reboot recovery, then reset stweaks.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
SHOstock3 v2.5.1 w/ Siyah kernel
18th February 2013, 06:19 AM   |  #1327  

398 posts
I got it. Thanks for the help guys. I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how its working for me.
18th February 2013, 08:31 AM   |  #1328  
Thanks Meter: 31

160 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoAK

They do shady stuff like this all the time. A friend's husband had his account canceled because his phone would pocket dial and they said the short calls were consistent with those of a drug dealer.

thats insane and probably a good law suit
18th February 2013, 09:05 AM   |  #1329  

893 posts
Quote:

WHAT?

Are you just spamming this thread? Please don't post off the wall opinions here that just confuse others.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

^ Self quote from 01/18/2013 to va540area

Now for this one-
Quote:
Originally Posted by va540area

Straight Talk disabled my GS2 for doing something called "traffic pumping" and are saying i need to buy a new phone.. i had no clue what that was until i looked it up.. anyway i bought a new GS2 and when i put the sim card into my old GS2 from the new one it works... now im thinking this is my chance to try and root the new GS2 that way if i mess up i can just return it to walmart and get another one, this will be my frist time rooting and its real complicated for somebody that has never done it before but im take that chance, i need somebody from here thats willing to walk me step by step via instant messenger or i guess we can do it threw here, anybody willing to do that? i know the basic steps

-Download Odin and unzip wherever you prefer on your computer.
-Download the Root zip, and place on the root of your Ext.SD.
-Download CWM V6.0.2.7 Odin flash, and install it using Odin with the provided instructions.
-Boot into CWM make a backup.
-Flash the root zip in CWM.

but wanna make sure i do everything rite. like for expample, it saids place the root zip on ext SD card, but do i take the sd card out my phone and place it into the sd slot, or do i do it via cable?

and it says boot into cwm and make a backup, but how do you make a backup?

then it says flash the root zip in cwm

WHAT?

Are you just spamming this thread? Please don't post off the wall opinions here that just confuse others.

As you can see at the top of this post we have been done down this road before. Please do not post crazy things here. We have tried to help you before, why do this again? All answers can be found in this thread. If you're not willing to put any effort in to reading, I'm not willing to help!

Traffic pumping? REALLY?

Sent from my SGH-S959G
Last edited by mr-cook; 18th February 2013 at 09:07 AM.
18th February 2013, 10:12 AM   |  #1330  
Thanks Meter: 64

177 posts
More
Quote:

Screen on my battery drains 10% every 20 mins. Idk if I like that.

Battery power and stability are what I look for most in a ROM. You guys got any suggestions?

I haven't switched my kernel just yet thinking about giving that AJ 1 a shot just to help some more with battery life looks like mr cook is having good luck with it but I use a few apps to help with battery also CPU sleeper kills 1 of the cpu cores when the screen is off and boosted my battery life alot with just that android assistant I use for alot of things but it has a decent task killer in it also that I use to get rid of running apps without me having to worry about it and I dont know if you mess with it in the dark much but I do and its bright on the eyes even all the way down so night mode allows you to take the brightness down even further which also helps did find a problem with that night mode app though if you try to install an app you cant click the install button while its running for some reason but other than that its good.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread