Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 42,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To Repair HTC One X Screen

Tip us?

strazicic
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: How To Repair HTC One X Screen

great link, thanks for shareing.

if lcd was not expencive i would try it just for fun

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
Qtec9100 -> HTC Tytn -> HTC Diamond -> HD -> HTC Desire -> Sensation -> HTC One X -> HTC One on HD !!
wife: HTC Elf -> Desire -> HTC One V - > HTC One x
Flytouch 2 / Asus TF101 / Asus TFP 201 / Tab 8.9 / Tab3 8.0 on Dream rom

skimilk44
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Alright, so i was able to cleanly remove the lcd. There are some scratches on the digitizer/lens. But not noticeable when the screen will be on. or from an arm's length away.

i found the key to removing the LCD is to rip the layers first, then crack the pieces off with a flat head. (i know most people have a problem with the digitizer and want to keep the LCD intact, but it is impossible, there is NO way to split the parts.) You don't worry about the flat head scratching the digitizer as long as you're somewhat gentle because the adhesive layer will be protecting it the whole time.

And with the Digitizer adhesive, I just rubbed my fingers on it to slowly roll it up into a ball. The oil on my fingers was enough to get the adhesive start rolling, and now it's completely off. I cleaned it with a screen cleaner and microfiber towel, and most dust is off. This cleanser also is dust repelent so I'll spray it on and clean once more before LCD installation.

My plan of attack when i get the LCD:

Attach it with 3M doublesided tape first, then tape the sides up to keep dust from entering hopefully.

if that does not work, I'm going to try the double adhesive I posted the link to 2 posts ago. Sorry if nobody cares, I just wanted to update on the project I'm having just in case anybody was looking/researching for tips.
LG G2 - Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to skimilk44 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kubombelar
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Cant you just get an orignal lcd+digitizer already bonded together?

skimilk44
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubombelar View Post
Cant you just get an orignal lcd+digitizer already bonded together?
Yea, but in my situation I had a broken lcd and clean digitizer... might as well save the extra 30 bucks right?

Also. I got an email back from the supplier I posted a link to with the screen adhesive, they confirmed that it's the exact type of adhesive you apply between the lcd and digitizer, meaning anyone doing what I'm doing needn't worry. it's just the practice of applying it that will be the question!
LG G2 - Stock

blagger81
Old
Thanks Meter 1

Will be interesting to see the results of it and if you get many air bubbles trapped.

sx_turbo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi everyone,

i'm hoping there are some electronic experts on here,

basicly long story short,

i dropped my phone on the concrete floor at work by accident, the glas shattered, but the lcd and digitizer were perfectly fine,

the lcd display still had all of its brightnes controls, and the colours were still great as they should be.

so i sent the phone off to get the screen replaced, (i understand the digitizer and lcd needs to replaced aswell because of the nature of the phone)

i got the phone back from the repairers but the screen now no longer has brightness control, and the colours dont seem quite as sharp as perhaps they should, (i think mainly cos u can just about see the scrren when not in sunlight)

the phone repaires are saying its the logix control or something and the drop has caused this to short out and fail, now i'm convinced its the phone repairers that have damaged this, because as i say everything was perfectly fine except for the cracked glass when it was sent away.

what are your thoughts on the above?

Kubombelar
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I've been there. I think you phone got replaced with a cheap fake lcd+digitizer, probably chinese. The original you can find on ebay.de going for about 141. Theres tutorials on youtube regarding how to replace it yoself.

Khumarahn
Old
Thanks Meter 3
ipod_central has dropped prices to GBP 87.95 plus shipping... it is better then GBP 141, but still unreasonable.

skimilk44
Old
Thanks Meter 12

http://www.ecrater.com/p/15167115/oe...-supreme?gps=1

What do you guys think about that? It says oem

Sent from my HTC Ruby using Tapatalk 2
LG G2 - Stock

Kubombelar
Old
Thanks Meter 7
87.95 unreasonable?? For an original part? I think its more than fair