Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,507 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Tip us?
 
mkc90
Old
#21  
mkc90's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 1,466
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Im on m5 modem .. how can I update to m7 modem
??? Amy help please

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
 
swalter718
Old
(Last edited by swalter718; 19th February 2013 at 12:34 AM.)
#22  
swalter718's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 172
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Im on m5 modem .. how can I update to m7 modem
??? Amy help please

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Download and flash the MA7 modem zip available in rwilco12's repository.

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32
 
mkc90
Old
#23  
mkc90's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 1,466
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalter718 View Post
Download and flash this...
http://rwilco12.com/Files/Devices/Sa..._MA7_Modem.zip

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32
Im using jellybomb v13 can I flash it using that rom ?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
 
swalter718
Old
#24  
swalter718's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 172
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Im using jellybomb v13 can I flash it using that rom ?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, just boot into recovery, wipe the cache & dalvik, flash the modem zip, and reboot. You should see the Baseband updated to MA7 in Settings>About Device.

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32
 
finalhit
Old
#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 217
Posts: 1,178
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Im on t3project's release of odex ma7 straight from ljc (didnt do the ota)...but I dont seem to have the latest kernel.

I would really prefer not to lose data...and so I'm considering flashing the nodata version.

Is this something that should be a painless process? Or should I expect issues?

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2
 
garwynn
Old
#26  
garwynn's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7392
Posts: 4,621
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chi-town

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalhit View Post
Im on t3project's release of odex ma7 straight from ljc (didnt do the ota)...but I dont seem to have the latest kernel.

I would really prefer not to lose data...and so I'm considering flashing the nodata version.

Is this something that should be a painless process? Or should I expect issues?

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2
Noted this already and will be fixing today.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)
The Following User Says Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rwilco12
Old
#27  
rwilco12's Avatar
Forum Moderator / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter 11100
Posts: 3,107
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalter718 View Post
Download and flash this...

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32



Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Im using jellybomb v13 can I flash it using that rom ?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Please update your posts to remove the direct download links. It messes with my data metrics. You can link to the folder itself but not the file.

Thank you!


Need an HD wallpaper to match your ROM? Check out Rwilco12's Wallpaper Gallery!
XDA Free Version | Pro Version



 
KEYofR
Old
#28  
KEYofR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 215
Posts: 570
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12 View Post
Please update your posts to remove the direct download links. It messes with my data metrics. You can link to the folder itself but not the file.

Thank you!
I sympathise, but when dealing with technical stuff, the direct link isn't just for convenience of a direct download. It's really also a form of most accurate documentation. A link to a page that may have more than on link on it isn't as explicit as a link to a specific file. You could say "go here, scroll down to xx, look for the blue thing, it's the 2nd link thst says yyy" but the actual link is both more succcinct and impossible to screw up.

Ideally you should have both so the user can see the info about the file instead of just a file by itself as if it came from the air, so -just- the direct link isn't ideal either.

Lastly you can never control external links. Each person can still favorite the direct link and use it 50 times regardless if they are ever posted in posts. So if the metrics actually matter then you need to figure out a better metric solution. You can't control what happens out in the restvof the world. Maybe put some javascript in the page and change the download into a cgi that requires post data that only the page provides? Or actually, if the download were really a cgi then the direct link would be no problem any more, it could be counted just as well as the parent page.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
 
rwilco12
Old
#29  
rwilco12's Avatar
Forum Moderator / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter 11100
Posts: 3,107
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR View Post
I sympathise, but when dealing with technical stuff, the direct link isn't just for convenience of a direct download. It's really also a form of most accurate documentation. A link to a page that may have more than on link on it isn't as explicit as a link to a specific file. You could say "go here, scroll down to xx, look for the blue thing, it's the 2nd link thst says yyy" but the actual link is both more succcinct and impossible to screw up.

Ideally you should have both so the user can see the info about the file instead of just a file by itself as if it came from the air, so -just- the direct link isn't ideal either.

Lastly you can never control external links. Each person can still favorite the direct link and use it 50 times regardless if they are ever posted in posts. So if the metrics actually matter then you need to figure out a better metric solution. You can't control what happens out in the restvof the world. Maybe put some javascript in the page and change the download into a cgi that requires post data that only the page provides? Or actually, if the download were really a cgi then the direct link would be no problem any more, it could be counted just as well as the parent page.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
I agree with you 100% on all accounts! However, setting up another metric system is beyond me and I haven't had the time to explore it at this point.

And although multiple people could use the direct links as a favorite or post it elsewhere it also helps if the people in our community don't post those links where thousands of people can do the same thing they did and further directly link to the files. I provide my site for all to use and have no problems sharing. I do however have a big warning in the threads themselves asking people not to use direct links. A little common courtesy/respect is all I ask for in exchange for my hosting the files.


Need an HD wallpaper to match your ROM? Check out Rwilco12's Wallpaper Gallery!
XDA Free Version | Pro Version



The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
D2dyno
Old
#30  
D2dyno's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 301
Posts: 515
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Coral Springs

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

So what's new in this version?
Admin at: GameGuardian
Lead Cheater/Moderator at: AndroidCheats

Sign Up for Dropbox with this link: Dropbox and get 500 MB of free space for both of us!
Sign up for Copy with this link: Copy and get 20 GB of free space!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes