Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Small inconvenience

Tip us?

Chewiezohr
Old
(Last edited by Chewiezohr; 18th February 2013 at 01:26 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Small inconvenience

Hello, extreme newbie here, with practically 0 experience with roms and various tweaks and stuff like that (I played around with these things a little back when gingerbread was THE thing, never touched Android since, till recently).

I've been using a One X for the past 6 months or so and I decided to finally get rid of all the gaming problems (due to HTC's power management, etc) and to benefit from various improvements that helped improve the experience for lots of people, unlocked it, rooted and installed the latest JB sense ARHD without a single problem + the advanced power menu and the mod pack. Everything works fine and seems like it'll work no problem, but there is only one small problem, the phone is now recognized as EndeavorU instead of One X, in the phone specs, on HTC sync and google account, it's a little annoying to see it named like that and my question is, or should I say questions:

1. Is this name change relevant to the overall functionality of the phone, in other words, did I mess something up that needs to be repaired?
2. Can it be changed back to its brand name instead of code name without having to restore the stock settings?

Thanks for the possible solutions and sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find much info about this, only one random thread on some other forum where a guy had his phone revert to One X after a reboot, then back to EndeavorU and finally back to One X when he connected it to HTC sync, none of that worked for me.

{< r o N o $
Old
Thanks Meter 65
The name EndeavorU is the official name of out phone. It doesnt matter and no need to be "fixed" .
Yes you can by editing the build.prop in system. You can use build.prop editor from play market for this. ( ROM toolbox includes this feature ).
But you need to find the actual variable you need to edit and it can be a bit confusing.
ADVICE : Leave everything as it is. It doesnt matter
Sent from my HTC ONE X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to {< r o N o $ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chewiezohr
Old
(Last edited by Chewiezohr; 18th February 2013 at 01:21 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the answer, was mostly worried about it affecting the app compatibility detection (no idea how complex Google's database is with their devices and various names), but doesn't seem to be the case so far and if you say it does no harm to the functionality then I'll probably leave it like that, thanks again.

Couldn't help it :P, wanted to know more about this, got informed a little and understood especially that I shouldn't tweak what I don't know enough about because it might damage the phone, with the app you suggested it only took a minute to back up the original file and edit the name, yet another thanks.