Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.2 | Floating Multiwindows! | Apr 20 r484 |★ ☆

OP eschelon

18th February 2013, 02:07 AM   |  #17531  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticevo

I'm having major performance issues the rom seems extremely slow. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You're going to have to be a tad bit more specific than that if you'd like a satisfactory answer
18th February 2013, 02:14 AM   |  #17532  
Skubacb's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★
The confusion on the radio and modem for the new people, is what works best with this ROM . I would think that it is best to update them the with the latest version.

Right now, as far as I know, the Synergy ROM is based off the latest version which should make them compatible.

BTW this SCH-I535_XDA-Developers kicks butt.

SCH-I535_XDA-Developers App
18th February 2013, 02:26 AM   |  #17533  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydo

You're going to have to be a tad bit more specific than that if you'd like a satisfactory answer

Sorry I see that was very vague. This rom was installed with a completely clean wipe. Though even when trying to wake to use the lock screen it at times takes a few button presses to screen on. Then once the screen is on it is fairly slow to respond to the unlock slide. Everything functions as it should However just slowly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
18th February 2013, 04:42 AM   |  #17534  
mikeman45's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,176
 
1,486 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticevo

Sorry I see that was very vague. This rom was installed with a completely clean wipe. Though even when trying to wake to use the lock screen it at times takes a few button presses to screen on. Then once the screen is on it is fairly slow to respond to the unlock slide. Everything functions as it should However just slowly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Are you using ziggy's kernel. If yes you might want to up your voltages a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
18th February 2013, 05:18 AM   |  #17535  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Google Talk?
Just installed the latest ROM. Everything is awesome except no google talk. Any tips? How can I slam that on there?
18th February 2013, 05:20 AM   |  #17536  
neh4pres's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 467
 
2,140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotw

Just installed the latest ROM. Everything is awesome except no google talk. Any tips? How can I slam that on there?

Maybe you mischecked that box.

Via my Google Galaxy S3 running magic beans
18th February 2013, 05:43 AM   |  #17537  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by neh4pres

Maybe you mischecked that box.

Via my Google Galaxy S3 running magic beans

Where was that an option? Any way to get it on here at this point in the game or do i need to reinstall the rom?
18th February 2013, 05:53 AM   |  #17538  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 219
 
294 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotw

Where was that an option? Any way to get it on here at this point in the game or do i need to reinstall the rom?

On one of my loads, I forgot it. I tried several different ways to load it, but none brought me a functional G Talk. I did a dirty flash and everything was fine.
18th February 2013, 07:32 AM   |  #17539  
prdog1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 4,900
 
8,281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotw

Where was that an option? Any way to get it on here at this point in the game or do i need to reinstall the rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBauman

On one of my loads, I forgot it. I tried several different ways to load it, but none brought me a functional G Talk. I did a dirty flash and everything was fine.

Dirty flash is correct or can pull apk and flash in a SIII compatible zip as system app or should be able to use root explorer to move to system/app and change permissions to rw-r-r and reboot. As far as I know Talk must be system app. I use Inverted and Talk is a tricky one to install depending on version and themer. Easier to do manual install if clean flash and it was never installed in first place.
Last edited by prdog1; 18th February 2013 at 07:38 AM.
18th February 2013, 09:22 AM   |  #17540  
Real_JESRadio's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Davenport
Thanks Meter: 361
 
856 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Flashed newest update. Everything was good until I unchecked Ripple, checked AOSP lockscreen. Now in a constant loop after boot. Tried wiping cache and Dalvik, fixing permissions. Same thing. What did I do wrong? Was running fine until then. Nothing else changed. No added apps other than what auto DL after adding my GMail acct. Very odd.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes