There is alot of talk about SD cards, but what if I have this problem if I remove my SD card?
Why would media still be running if there is nothing to index?
My thoughts on the subject are this...
1. This has been complaint ever since i started porting jellybean leaks.
2. The cause of the issue is indexing of media files after the rom is up and running.
3. The amount of time and battery used to index is based on the amount/size of the files one has on the phone/sd card.
4. I haven't done this fix and battery drain is not an issue because if you allow the phone to do what it needs to do you will be fine.
5. I have Not flashed rpm or jb radio. Still not an issue. Wouldn't be even if i did.
6. I flash a clean build everyday and sometimes multiple times a day when i test something I've added to the rom. So I'll force stop or disable media storage to save some battery. This is NOT a fix but just a delay of the indexing process.
Sometimes it takes longer than others.
Sometimes it comes back after seeming to be done.
Sometimes it seems to get stuck and never finish. I just reflash if thats the case.
Patience is key. Give it time to index
EDIT: Scrosler beat me to it