Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,463 Members 50,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Magnetic POGO Cable

Tip us?

Izeltokatl
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Default Re: Magnetic POGO Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by domlazz View Post
I bought one from Amazon and got it in a few days. Looks to be high quality, smell was not notable. Charging is about the same as the original as long as I use it with the original power supply. If I use the pogo cable with an after market power supply, it basically doesn't work at all.
Link?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Ken401
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izeltokatl View Post
Link?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Currently unavailable though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ken401 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dboftlp
Old
Thanks Meter 26

I ordered this on Amazon (US) last night, shipped today, due in end of next week beginning of the one after! I'll be glad to not be plugging in my musb in the dark at my bedside ever again. Not too worried about the charge times, I get pretty good screen on time as it is (coming from Stingray).

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G [Verizon]
Rom: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean - EOS v3 nightlies
Kernel: 3.0.52-leanKernel-4.6.0-04904-g18298b7
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) v. 2.3.1.0

Device: Motorola Xoom 4G [Verizon]
Kernel: 2.6.39.4-Eos3
Recovery: Team Rogue 1.5 RC3

Device: Samsung Nexus 10 [WiFi]
Rom: Android 4.2 - Jelly Bean
Kernel: Stock 3.4.5-g4e6298b
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) v. 2.3.2.3

mrlow999
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thumbs up Working great and fast delivery

Sorry to rub it in to all you guys that ordered a month ago. Ordered Monday got it it last night.
Works great and seems to be quicker than the USB. I'll know better tonight. I'm running it down below 10% and see how quick it comes up.

jonstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 662

Back in stock on Amazon. Just ordered one and should receive in 3 to 5 business days.

... beamed from my Nexus 10 to your planet
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate

lKBZl
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlow999 View Post
Sorry to rub it in to all you guys that ordered a month ago. Ordered Monday got it it last night.
Works great and seems to be quicker than the USB. I'll know better tonight. I'm running it down below 10% and see how quick it comes up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstrong View Post
Back in stock on Amazon. Just ordered one and should receive in 3 to 5 business days.

... beamed from my Nexus 10 to your planet
You won't regret, in less than 2h, with the screen off (but n10 on, not powered off) it charged 61% Awesome cable, and magnets are great in case you got kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to lKBZl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrlow999
Old
(Last edited by mrlow999; 17th February 2013 at 06:49 PM.) Reason: title change
Thanks Meter 5
Default A quick note about the smell and first full charge

After reading the many posts in this thread' I've seen a number if people complain about the smell. While a bit off-putting, it goes away pretty quickly.
It kinda smells like it was packed with dried fish and kimchee. Really. Not surprising as it comes from Korea.

I ran my 10 down to less than 10% last night and pogo'ed. Battery monitor widget showed a rate of 1915mA at around 11:30 pm last night. Checking the history now it was fully charged by 4am with no usage. I'm going to do the same time tonight with the USB and see if it's any faster.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrlow999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrlow999
Old
(Last edited by mrlow999; 18th February 2013 at 05:13 PM.) Reason: clarification
Thanks Meter 5
Default And no w with the micro USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlow999 View Post
After reading the many posts in this thread' I've seen a number if people complain about the smell. While a bit off-putting, it goes away pretty quickly.
It kinda smells like it was packed with dried fish and kimchee. Really. Not surprising as it comes from Korea.

I ran my 10 down to less than 10% last night and pogo'ed. Battery monitor widget showed a rate of 1915mA at around 11:30 pm last night. Checking the history now it was fully charged by 4am with no usage. I'm going to do the same time tonight with the USB and see if it's any faster.
Very unscientific, I know, but here goes.
Plugged in last night at approximately the same time and battery level (11% and 11:30pm). Max charge was at 1550mA and the device was fully charged by 5:40am, over an hour longer.
An hour faster is pretty good to be sure, but not a huge improvement. I'd say the main benefit is being able to use the device as you charge. When I plugged in last night I was still discharging on USB before I put it to sleep, whereas with the pogo it began to charge slowly.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrlow999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dboftlp
Old
Thanks Meter 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboftlp View Post
I ordered this on Amazon (US) last night, shipped today, due in end of next week beginning of the one after! I'll be glad to not be plugging in my musb in the dark at my bedside ever again. Not too worried about the charge times, I get pretty good screen on time as it is (coming from Stingray).

no stink in this shipment of cables, so far so good.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G [Verizon]
Kernel: 3.0.52-leanKernel-4.6.0-04904-g18298b7
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) v. 2.3.1.0

Device: Motorola Xoom 4G [Verizon]
Kernel: 2.6.39.4-Eos3
Recovery: Team Rogue 1.5 RC3

Device: Samsung Nexus 10 [WiFi]
Rom: Android 4.2 - Jelly Bean
Kernel: Stock 3.4.5-g4e6298b
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) v. 2.3.2.3

lucky13
Old
Thanks Meter 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken401 View Post
I clicked the link, said one available, so I bought it, lol. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app