5,597,501 Members 32,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 Verizon] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock

Tip us?

neddie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i used this tool to unlock my bootloader, root, but i didnt apply any recovery except for the regular 3e or whatever it is. coming from nexus i am not al lthat used to the process on how to work when new updates are out. Now 4.1.2 is out but i cant have it since it complains about my device beeing "altered" or however to explain it... i guess unlocked bootloader does that to you... if i restore back.. unroot and lock the bootloader again, would that be enough for it to be "stock" again ? I am reading up on the flashcounter bs that just seem completely stupid... never had those issues on my first galaxy s

how should i approach this to get the newest update? i know i could install a new version with odin but i would like to do it the ota way if possible and keep my setup as it is so to speak.

Sorry for the spam....

Presjar
Old
(Last edited by Presjar; 25th February 2013 at 03:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Hey, I have a GT-7105 / GT-7105T build JRO03C ALK4. What should I choose in the phone selection menu?

Thanks in advance

pd240
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I have a verizon note 2 that is currently unlocked, rooted with twrp recovery. Due to a wifi issue I can't solve, I am planning on going back to stock using Odin. I want to use the restore file that does not change the bootloader so I can keep it unlocked. I am assuming the Odin file will flash stock recovery. HOw do I flash an alternate recovery with an unlocked bootloader and stock recovery?

wascapsfan
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Verizon Sprint Galaxy Note 2 keeps failing.
I get to odin and situate the file that has a lock on it that reads... boot-insecure-aljb-recovery-SCHI605.tar in the PDA spot.
It turns green, goes about a quarter of the way then says FAIL.
Any suggestions???

marcustaz
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Note sure what is going on with the toolkit but I have donated and put in my unlock code and everything has been working smoothly for a few days. Went to launch it today on 2 different PC's ( not an install issue) and it is stuck in check for update. I putting in Y or N at the prompt and it comes back with the same question. So the program will not fully launch.

Never mind now it is working. Maybe a glitch with the update server... It is a bit scary that the program is dependent on a server to function.

herojig
Old
(Last edited by herojig; 5th March 2013 at 06:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default love this tool, but have this one question...

hi, i use the toolkit to unroot my international note 2. great, have had that working for many months. but now i want to get OTA updates, as I am still on 4.1.1. If i use option 6 under 2 Rooting Options, will this UNroot my phone and allow me to get the software updates in the normal way? Well, thx for answering this burning question. thx!

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by neddie View Post
i used this tool to unlock my bootloader, root, but i didnt apply any recovery except for the regular 3e or whatever it is. coming from nexus i am not al lthat used to the process on how to work when new updates are out. Now 4.1.2 is out but i cant have it since it complains about my device beeing "altered" or however to explain it... i guess unlocked bootloader does that to you... if i restore back.. unroot and lock the bootloader again, would that be enough for it to be "stock" again ? I am reading up on the flashcounter bs that just seem completely stupid... never had those issues on my first galaxy s

how should i approach this to get the newest update? i know i could install a new version with odin but i would like to do it the ota way if possible and keep my setup as it is so to speak.

Sorry for the spam....

did you ever get an answer on this, I think I have the same question. thx!

PS. I really need a users guide for this, as once I get into the submenus, it's all technogeekese to me. I'd volunteer to write the guide, if I understood the options

bostonbassman78
Old
Thanks Meter 386
Default Re: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 Verizon] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stoc

Will this just root my phone cause I don't feel the need to unlock it I just want to root it so I can use google wallet ty in advance

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

herojig
Old
(Last edited by herojig; 5th March 2013 at 06:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbassman78 View Post
Will this just root my phone cause I don't feel the need to unlock it I just want to root it so I can use google wallet ty in advance

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
It will just root your phone, as I did that, and I am a complete nube here. Now trying to figure out how to unroot it

Fiberman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Donator Status

How do I get donator status in order to unlock the donator features? Can I just click "donate to me" button?

Thanks

hamzab
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
**reserved if needed**
Hi mate,

I rooted using Dr.Ketan's thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2032849

Can I use your toolkit to backup EFS and restore it if needed as this is the only good way to backup EFS in my opinion.

Dr Ketan's method also involved me using Odin so maybe it's the same?

Thanks