4.2.2 Performance & Impressions

Search This thread

karth500

Oct 11, 2011
Battery life with 4.2.2 seems significantly better. I easily get more than 4 hrs of screen time through the day and still have some battery left at the end of the day. I rooted the phone and got rid of ads, but I am otherwise on stock 4.2.2.

Must say, I was a little underwhelmed when I got the phone. The screen seemed a little off, I had the bright area in the bottom third of the screen and the battery life was less than stellar. But this update has me excited about the phone again. Good job Google! I was comparing the screen with my wife's S3 which I thought was better when I first got the nexus 4, but last night I actually preferred the colors on the nexus's screen. Looks like they tweaked the colors or font rendering or something. The screen definitely looks a little sharper than before.

huntedsoul12

Mar 5, 2012
Hi guys, anyone have problem with play store? After I updated to 4.2.2 i just cant update any apps. It just gives me an error massage :(
Anyone know how to fix this?
Thankx in advance

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361221386050.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361221386050.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 698
Last edited:

Pistike

Feb 3, 2013
Yeah, I had somewhat similar problems. Try this (taken from the google support, sorry but can't post link yet, too few posts):

"Make sure your device is logged into Google Talk by following these steps:
Go to your device's app launcher, and press the Talk app.
If you’re already signed into Talk, press Menu, and then touch Sign out.
Launch Talk again to sign in."

This fixed it for me. If it doesn't solve your problem try this:

"Make sure you've cleared the cache and data of both the Google Play store app and the download manager. Here's how:
Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
Tab over to All.
Select the Google Play store app, and then tap Clear data and Clear cache.
Then, select Download manager and tap Clear data and Clear cache."

Reactions: huntedsoul12

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Battery life is better but i'm beginning to think since i use groove IP there is no way I can get the screen on time you guys get. I just don't think groove is letting the phone sleep enough. Anyone else that used the 30 dollar t-mobile plan with groove IP experience the same issues with battery life?

huntedsoul12

Mar 5, 2012
Yeah, I had somewhat similar problems. Try this (taken from the google support, sorry but can't post link yet, too few posts):

"Make sure your device is logged into Google Talk by following these steps:
Go to your device's app launcher, and press the Talk app.
If you’re already signed into Talk, press Menu, and then touch Sign out.
Launch Talk again to sign in."

This fixed it for me. If it doesn't solve your problem try this:

"Make sure you've cleared the cache and data of both the Google Play store app and the download manager. Here's how:
Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
Tab over to All.
Select the Google Play store app, and then tap Clear data and Clear cache.
Then, select Download manager and tap Clear data and Clear cache."

Thankx for your reply mate but i tried both and still didnt fix it ;(

Pistike

Feb 3, 2013
oyhton assn.

Try deleting than re-adding your google account.

On-topic: battery life seems to be better. Some people are also reporting some minor color calibration, I for one didn't notice any changes in this regard.

marekca

Feb 20, 2009
Hello
Battery life after update to 4.2.2 seems a lot better, I feel huge difference, but signal bars are worse, i place where I had 2 bars "H", now I have only 3bars "E". Can somebody confirm it? THX.

omergohan

Nov 27, 2012
Vaughan
Hi guys, anyone have problem with play store? After I updated to 4.2.2 i just cant update any apps. It just gives me an error massage :(
Thankx in advance

Yeah I just got the exact same problem. I googled it and people said go to play store hit settings then click add new account, add a new google account, existing or create one. Then download some app. Next hit settings again and switch back to your old google account in the play store and hopefully it will work.

Reactions: huntedsoul12

skyracer53

Jan 2, 2011
Yeah I just got the exact same problem. I googled it and people said go to play store hit settings then click add new account, add a new google account, existing or create one. Then download some app. Next hit settings again and switch back to your old google account in the play store and hopefully it will work.

Thankx in advance

did you guys do the clear data and force stop method to receive the ota update? i remember this also caused the market to break on the old galaxy nexus

wind784

Apr 24, 2011
I upgraded to 4.2.2 after I got he home from work Friday so have been on WiFi mostly the whole weekend and in very happy with battery life, very much improved from 4.2.1.

Hopefully the same rings true during my work day where I can't connect to WiFi and sometimes use maps heavily, although I've never had an issue yet with running out of juice unlike on my nexus s or GN.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mlynch01

Nov 29, 2003
New York, NY
I must say after using my Nexus 4 after the update for the last 3 days there is a definite improvement in battery life for me. It's like night and day. For this reason alone I am very happy with the update.

G

GuestD1011

I honestly think my battery is dying faster than before. I'm using 4.2.2 but I'm barely getting 1 1/2 of screen on time. Im using most mobile network and my phone is dying way quicker than on 4.2.1 my friends nexus 4 is getting 3 hours almost on mobile networks on his phone. What you guys think of these results?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361243184573.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361243184573.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 585
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361243228117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361243228117.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 588
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361243252476.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361243252476.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 593

VertigoM

Mar 16, 2009
I honestly think my battery is dying faster than before. I'm using 4.2.2 but I'm barely getting 1 1/2 of screen on time. Im using most mobile network and my phone is dying way quicker than on 4.2.1 my friends nexus 4 is getting 3 hours almost on mobile networks on his phone. What you guys think of these results?

I am experiencing exactly the same decrease in battery performance. There is something seriously wrong with this update!

spacecasespiff

Jun 27, 2010
Every phone is different so updates will act different with phones. That's why some have issues and some don't.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I notice Photo Sphere works better now... before 4.2.2 whenever I use Photo Sphere, it would take several attempts... there would always be one spot that was soft or out of focus OR, an area wouldn't be stitched right (lines off, buildings staggered etc etc)

this was first attempt today and looks pretty sharp all around
    8479047559_123b683389_b.jpg
    Removes LTE option ... just plain stupid.

Do you realize this phone was never meant to have LTE?

Do you realize the fact that you could access it was a bonus?

Do you realize Google/LG could get fined heavily if they continued to allow LTE access?

Do you realize an OTA update is completely voluntary?

Did you know you can return to 4.2.1 if you'd like?

themoreyouknow.jpg
    No noticeable performance or battery life improvement here.
    To all people they have issues after the update I'd consider to do a factory reset or even better reflash the stock 4.2.2 image. This methods solved allways my problems :D

+1 Clean factory image install is way better and than updating with OTA`s.
    I notice Photo Sphere works better now... before 4.2.2 whenever I use Photo Sphere, it would take several attempts... there would always be one spot that was soft or out of focus OR, an area wouldn't be stitched right (lines off, buildings staggered etc etc)

this was first attempt today and looks pretty sharp all around
    8479047559_123b683389_b.jpg

Agreed its stitching the pics without blurs:D