Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Keyboard on MA7

Tip us?

zephyrthebreeze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Samsung Keyboard on MA7

Has anyone else had their Samsung keyboard change after the MA7 update? I no longer have the symbols on long press. Long presses are now accented and semi-related characters (e.g. , for long press U, and for long-press S) I've searched threads and nobody else seems to have mentioned it. I was running stock rooted LJC, stock recovery, applied rwilco12's LJC to MA7 update.zip, had my root preserved into MA7 with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. Before and after screenshots attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1739508   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1739509  

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 206
It looks like your Caps Lock is on in the after picture.

zephyrthebreeze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
It looks like your Caps Lock is on in the after picture.
It's the auto-caps for first letter. Even if Caps Lock was on, prior to the update I still had the symbols on long press. Attached without the capitals, and, for what it's worth, what the shift key looks like with Caps Lock enabled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	noshift.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1740618   Click image for larger version

Name:	capslock.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1740619  

cherylbaker
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Default Re: [Q] Samsung Keyboard on MA7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrthebreeze View Post
Has anyone else had their Samsung keyboard change after the MA7 update? I no longer have the symbols on long press. Long presses are now accented and semi-related characters (e.g. , for long press U, and for long-press S) I've searched threads and nobody else seems to have mentioned it. I was running stock rooted LJC, stock recovery, applied rwilco12's LJC to MA7 update.zip, had my root preserved into MA7 with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. Before and after screenshots attached.
My keyboard is just like before

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

juliocmorales93
Old
Thanks Meter 11

Just a suggestion try changing languages or adding another language and switching between them. This happened to me once and that fixed it. When my keyboard is in Spanish it doesn't have the symbols and when this happened to me I didn't even have the Spanish keyboard enabled.

Sent from my GN2

zephyrthebreeze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliocmorales93 View Post
Just a suggestion try changing languages or adding another language and switching between them. This happened to me once and that fixed it. When my keyboard is in Spanish it doesn't have the symbols and when this happened to me I didn't even have the Spanish keyboard enabled.

Sent from my GN2
No dice. I tried switching from US English to UK English and got nothing. So I cycled through Spanish, Korean, and back to US English. I checked, unchecked, rechecked everything under the keyboard settings > input languages two or three times. I've also tried clearing data for the keyboard. Nothing. Looking at the keyboard process, it also calls on com.visionobjects.resourcemanager, so I tried clearing data for that (after backing it up with TB first) and no change.

I plan on just wiping it all and flashing the deodex MA7 build once t3project gets a chance to reup them, this has just been an irritating distraction in the meantime.

RayTrue04
Old
Thanks Meter 452

The keyboard on MA7 did get updated a lil but you should still have the symbols. Did you try clearing data on it from settings?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

zephyrthebreeze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayTrue04 View Post
The keyboard on MA7 did get updated a lil but you should still have the symbols. Did you try clearing data on it from settings?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
Several times. It doesn't change anything.
Quote:
I've also tried clearing data for the keyboard.

zephyrthebreeze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Several times. It doesn't change anything.
Welp, never fixed it separately. Ended up wiping and installing the deodex build. Symbols are back. Thanks for the suggestions anyway guys.