Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Samsung Keyboard on MA7

OP zephyrthebreeze

18th February 2013, 07:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Has anyone else had their Samsung keyboard change after the MA7 update? I no longer have the symbols on long press. Long presses are now accented and semi-related characters (e.g. , for long press U, and for long-press S) I've searched threads and nobody else seems to have mentioned it. I was running stock rooted LJC, stock recovery, applied rwilco12's LJC to MA7 update.zip, had my root preserved into MA7 with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. Before and after screenshots attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1739508   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1739509  
18th February 2013, 04:51 PM   |  #2  
JimSmith94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 242
 
1,577 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Donate to Me
More
It looks like your Caps Lock is on in the after picture.
18th February 2013, 05:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94

It looks like your Caps Lock is on in the after picture.

It's the auto-caps for first letter. Even if Caps Lock was on, prior to the update I still had the symbols on long press. Attached without the capitals, and, for what it's worth, what the shift key looks like with Caps Lock enabled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	noshift.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1740618   Click image for larger version

Name:	capslock.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1740619  
18th February 2013, 10:29 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
1,297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2006
Re: [Q] Samsung Keyboard on MA7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrthebreeze

Has anyone else had their Samsung keyboard change after the MA7 update? I no longer have the symbols on long press. Long presses are now accented and semi-related characters (e.g. , for long press U, and for long-press S) I've searched threads and nobody else seems to have mentioned it. I was running stock rooted LJC, stock recovery, applied rwilco12's LJC to MA7 update.zip, had my root preserved into MA7 with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. Before and after screenshots attached.

My keyboard is just like before

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 03:23 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Re: [Q] Samsung Keyboard on MA7
Just a suggestion try changing languages or adding another language and switching between them. This happened to me once and that fixed it. When my keyboard is in Spanish it doesn't have the symbols and when this happened to me I didn't even have the Spanish keyboard enabled.

Sent from my GN2
19th February 2013, 03:50 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliocmorales93

Just a suggestion try changing languages or adding another language and switching between them. This happened to me once and that fixed it. When my keyboard is in Spanish it doesn't have the symbols and when this happened to me I didn't even have the Spanish keyboard enabled.

Sent from my GN2

No dice. I tried switching from US English to UK English and got nothing. So I cycled through Spanish, Korean, and back to US English. I checked, unchecked, rechecked everything under the keyboard settings > input languages two or three times. I've also tried clearing data for the keyboard. Nothing. Looking at the keyboard process, it also calls on com.visionobjects.resourcemanager, so I tried clearing data for that (after backing it up with TB first) and no change.

I plan on just wiping it all and flashing the deodex MA7 build once t3project gets a chance to reup them, this has just been an irritating distraction in the meantime.
19th February 2013, 09:14 AM   |  #7  
RayTrue04's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hartford, CT
Thanks Meter: 461
 
1,596 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Re: [Q] Samsung Keyboard on MA7
The keyboard on MA7 did get updated a lil but you should still have the symbols. Did you try clearing data on it from settings?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
19th February 2013, 03:27 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayTrue04

The keyboard on MA7 did get updated a lil but you should still have the symbols. Did you try clearing data on it from settings?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Several times. It doesn't change anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrthebreeze

I've also tried clearing data for the keyboard.

19th February 2013, 11:57 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrthebreeze

Several times. It doesn't change anything.

Welp, never fixed it separately. Ended up wiping and installing the deodex build. Symbols are back. Thanks for the suggestions anyway guys.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes