Nexus 10 freezing and rebooting

OP rockon83

5th February 2013, 03:56 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infobits

I have a new nexus 7 32gb tablet all stock v4.2.1 and have been getting these random reboots too. I don't think it is caused by the chrome browser because I got the reboot while using firefox beta too. All debug error logs I've seen show that the FATAL EXCEPTION is triggered by a java null pointer or null value exception in the a xroid.os.parcel method. And/or an illegal argument passed in to the method which is probably a result of the bad null value pointer. I also have seen reports of this reboot issue from half a year ago on nexus devices. So it disturbs and concerns me that Google refuses to treat this as a high priority problem to fix. It leads me to believe that they can't figure it out after all this time. Maybe they need to hire more talent. It just doesn't make sense that they would ignore it for this long and not rate it as a very high priority.

hmmm... very interesting. under what conditions is this method called?

I can cause a reboot 100% of the time under following conditions:

- Using Android Transfer Utility to transfer multiple files (say more than 20) or any 'large' (> 250MB) file. I have a Macbook Pro.
- using tTorrent to download anything - uTorrent does not cause crashes (but is way suckier than tTorrent!)

in addition, pretty much ANY heavily processor intensive activity - or perhaps R/W activity? - will have at least a 50% chance of causing a reboot.
5th February 2013, 01:42 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 42

346 posts
I'm not getting a lot of random reboots, but my main problem is that when I do get them i usually have some sort of data corruption too. Such as when I reboot I have to do the tablet setup process. My apps are still there but they loose all their settings. It's really making me start to hate this tablet.
5th February 2013, 05:39 PM   |  #33  
Flag Johor
Thanks Meter: 1,453

4,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mine also and rapidly hang or auto restart in stock especially using chrome and with HD widget on.

Now running CM10.1 without chrome and no HD widget, everything seems much better, the hang seems not happen anymore and restart was rarely happen. For the moment, I think this was the temporary solution.
5th February 2013, 06:21 PM   |  #34  
Flag Frankfurt a.M.
Thanks Meter: 11

287 posts
More
AW: Nexus 10 freezing and rebooting
I think the crashes are mostly related to the new multi user feature. They are happening much more often in my second account and I am experiencing no crashes with my Galaxy Nexus running also 4.2.1.

I also read about users saying they reseted to stock settings, did not set up a second account and are not experiencing crashes then.
18th February 2013, 04:50 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Re: Nexus 10 freezing and rebooting
I have not experience the reboots since I got the 4.2.2 update, maybe they fixed it?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
19th February 2013, 03:44 AM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 5

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphconrad91

I have not experience the reboots since I got the 4.2.2 update, maybe they fixed it?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

I still have this problem on 4.2.2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 04:13 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 76

676 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottws

I hate you.
I have gone from enjoying my tablet to waiting for the reboots to start again every time you post.

In all seriousness it sucks. Do your logs look the same or something new?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
19th February 2013, 09:34 AM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 13

48 posts
Can we mass complain and ask for a google play credit/small refund for all this time we have been beta testing?
It is getting REALLY annoying after all this time...
19th February 2013, 08:56 PM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 663

1,615 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottws

Strange. I've got close to 200 hours uptime on my N10 running stock 4.2.2 (although my N10 is unlocked and rooted), with zero lagging, freezing or reboots.... I wonder what's different in our setups that could account for our differing experiences...?
The Following User Says Thank You to jonstrong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 11:20 PM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 5

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnelson

I hate you.
I have gone from enjoying my tablet to waiting for the reboots to start again every time you post.

In all seriousness it sucks. Do your logs look the same or something new?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Honestly, I don't know how to interpret the logs, but I do have several bug reports from when I was on 4.2.1 and one now that I am on 4.2.2, so I could always go and look if I learn how.

Today I did a full wipe and re-flash of 4.2.2 and this time I didn't restore my apps or settings from Google. I also didn't set up a 2nd user like I did last time. No reboots yet but it has only been 10 hours.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread