[KERNEL][GPL][N7]franco.Kernel - r82

Search This thread

Metallice

Jun 24, 2010
Re: [KERNEL][GPL][N7][15 FEB] franco.Kernel - r47

The min it would allow you to set them before was 600mV. Haven't heard about this 950mV.. That doesn't really make sense for the ones that start out below 950, like 100MHz @ 825mV. Anyway, point is, if I can set them all at 1mV, one of them, somewhere should be crashing because 950mV or whatever lower limit there is should be too low. It's definitely broken right now.

He's thinking of the core undervolting in M-kernel. Since the core runs at the highest component DVFS and the lowest voltage that is requested by the non undervoltable components is 950mV, any undervolt of any core components under 950mV is never used.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

demolition23

Dec 15, 2009
Oiniades
hello
I need help with something that I messed up.
I use franco updater to backup stock 4.2.2 kernel, then I flash r47.
But today I try to restore stock 4.2.2 kernel and my device doesnt boot to android, it only runs the bootloader.
What can i do to fix it?

joaquinf

Sep 17, 2010
Bucaramanga
hello
I need help with something that I messed up.
I use franco updater to backup stock 4.2.2 kernel, then I flash r47.
But today I try to restore stock 4.2.2 kernel and my device doesnt boot to android, it only runs the bootloader.
What can i do to fix it?
Same thing happened to me over the weekend. It only shows the google splash screen with the start image like it was on the bootloader but with the google logo as the background image instead of the typical android one. What i did was reflashing franco's boot image and then it boots just fine

demolition23

Dec 15, 2009
Oiniades
I fixed by flashing the JDQ39 update through cwm.
I will stay on stock kernel for a while.
With franco kernel, when i'm trying to download any torrent with any torrent app, it just freezes my tablet.
Anyone having this bug too?

bjcrj

Sep 25, 2012

I fixed by flashing the JDQ39 update through cwm.
I will stay on stock kernel for a while.
With franco kernel, when i'm trying to download any torrent with any torrent app, it just freezes my tablet.
Anyone having this bug too?

I have had that issue, not with torrents but with multiple downloads. Not too often though

jsauder2

what recovery are you using? it's looking for an md5 file to verify the zip is a good download. if you downloaded an md5, it needs to be in the same folder as the zip you are trying to flash. if you didn't download it, that's why it says it's not found. so either download one, or if you are using TWRP to flash, make sure you uncheck the force md5 check option. or you could just download the .img and use fastboot...

Reactions: cuba462

cuba462

Mar 28, 2012
Marrakech
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G

what recovery are you using? it's looking for an md5 file to verify the zip is a good download. if you downloaded an md5, it needs to be in the same folder as the zip you are trying to flash. if you didn't download it, that's why it says it's not found. so either download one, or if you are using TWRP to flash, make sure you uncheck the force md5 check option. or you could just download the .img and use fastboot...

Victory :) :) At the sixth ,updater runs normally.
Thanks for jour answer mate :thumbup:

AOSP ADDICT

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Thanks ,,at the 6th k.updater runs fine.....

AOSP ADDICT

timbck2

Jun 17, 2010
Santa Fe, NM

I was having some serious issues with my N7 not waking from deep sleep and having no WiFi connection when it did, with occasional bootloops (was running XenonHD rom) so I decided to wipe it clean and return to stock (bonus - I got to upgrade to 4.2.2 in the process), then I re-rooted it and installed Franco r47. Man, that combination flies! It feels like a whole new tablet! Thank you Franco! (and thank you Google for fixing all the crap you screwed up in 4.2.1).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

sjknight413

Dec 1, 2009
Brighton, England
Hey guys, thanks for the tests! So the recent (best?) values are 30/90/729/45000/30000/80 (if not, please inform me correctly)? I'm using a different phone, SGS I9000 (100,200,400,960,1200Mhz), and these tunables 15/95/960/45000/20000/85.
Everything feels rather smooth but imho it's using 200Mhz too often, What tunable do i have to change so it'll use 100 Mhz more often?

Thanks !

I'm guessing you posted this in the wrong thread?

lordlad

Jun 25, 2010
Singapore
not sure whether is this answered before but is it possible to implement the color control that is available on the Nexus 4 Franco kernel in the Nexus 7's as well?

aleflocco

May 5, 2012
Milan
Hi,
I serched this thread, but no luck...
I read in other posts that this kernel could boost headphones volume.
I installed the kernel and the app from Play Store, but can't find volume settings.
Any help?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

r81 is the last release for Android 5.0.
    r82 or newer is only for Android 5.1 - don't flash them on older Android versions.

Download:
    boot image:
    http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus7/5.1/
    zips:
    http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus7/5.1/zips

Installation:
    fastboot flash boot boot_name_img
    or
    flash the .zip in the recovery

Changelog:
    http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus7/5.1/appfiles/changelog.xml

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/Grouper-3.1.10

Official app support:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.kernel.free

Got any questions that you couldn't find after searching?
    FAQ: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532422

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    Fsync toggle:

It's disabled by default. Enabled = stock IO speed while having data integrity; disabled = more IO throughput but less data integrity

echo Y > /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled (N to disable and Y to enable)

GPU clock interface:

To check the current GPU frequency:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc

To change it:
    echo X > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc (change the X with your desired value. Should work up to 750Mhz at least, beyond that is pure madness)
    r62 - Where is the lag?
    * 99% rework of the Hotplug driver. Cores are intelligently managed. Always 2 cores are online to diminish thread migration and all the intrinsic operations that are inherent of onlining and offlining cores. If the load is high enough the other 2 cores come online
    * Custom changes to interactive that now reacts a bit better and more intelligently to load changes, specially during big load, which will majorly improve gaming performance
    * Interactive tunables are scaled from the Hotplug driver based on either there are 2 or 4 cores online. If there are 2 online it uses the normal tunables, if there are 4 they get tuned for maximum performance
    * Merge all the work from the usual suspects, which contains the special partition mounts
    * Bunch of other custom patches and other patches from upstream to improve IO handling
    * No more Youtube lag as far as I know

By the way I think I fixed that bug where the device could be stuck in a lower frequency (I think that was the problem AFAIK) and driver it unusable unless rebooting. Let me know if thats fixed, which I tried to fix anyway.
    Just pushed r48. Re-merged original hotplug driver and changed just a few lines to make it a little bit lighter. Should give a little extra power now. Also fixed the UV interface, you won't be able to input more than 600mV. Merged a few changes from upstream too. Hotplug options from my app will be gone with this driver change. Also it won't be dual-core minimum by default, will hotplug normally. I plan to re-add the options to change the hotplug parameters sometime in the future.
    Happy new year folks, time for r77!!

* Merged interactive governor improvements from FK for N5
    * Merged Hotplug driver improvements from FK for N5
    * Merged touchboost generic driver from FK for N5
    * Other misc patches merged from upstream
    * Added CM11 support

Thanks to osm0sis who kindly sent me the correct ramdisk changes for this release. Hope you enjoy this.