Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)

OP Bajanman

18th February 2013, 06:39 AM   |  #91  
Flag San diego
Thanks Meter: 86

436 posts
More
Re: Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)
They are two separate data plans. One with visual voicemail and one without. Switching between the two every time you're throttled will get you unthrottled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
18th February 2013, 07:04 AM   |  #92  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjkxa

They are two separate data plans. One with visual voicemail and one without. Switching between the two every time you're throttled will get you unthrottled.

I understand that was just saying I switch awhile ago to with VV, & I haven't had any throttling issues. Tnx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
18th February 2013, 05:55 PM   |  #93  
Flag Bellingham
Thanks Meter: 15

87 posts
More
We don't have 4glte here in Bellingham, was but every other month I get throttled using the LTE apn. I just switch to the wap.cingular one and I'm fine until billing cycle resets. It's funny cause some months I use 10gb and no throttle then another month right at 5 bam. They reasoning here is ridiculous. My two cents

Edit: once we get lte here I will try this trick. Thanks!
Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium
18th February 2013, 09:39 PM   |  #94  
Flag Garland, TX
Thanks Meter: 480

913 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unhappy Only bad thing about that is.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman

I understand that was just saying I switch awhile ago to with VV, & I haven't had any throttling issues. Tnx

If you use or have VV installed, I heard AT&T can tell if you tether....They can kick you off your unlimited data plan.(Fox-Fi) Custom ROMs.....ETC
18th February 2013, 10:43 PM   |  #95  
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson

If you use or have VV installed, I heard AT&T can tell if you tether....They can kick you off your unlimited data plan.(Fox-Fi) Custom ROMs.....ETC

Not installed. Just changed my account to have it on there, is what I'm saying. But thanx for the info. Yeah I got one of those tether msg from them after tethering my Xbox to play live. Lol

19th February 2013, 09:48 AM   |  #96  
Thanks Meter: 101

258 posts
More
Don't have VV installed, but I also got the tether message after tethering my laptop and iPad to it. Could it be the VV service, itself?
19th February 2013, 03:12 PM   |  #97  
Thanks Meter: 37

150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson

I have the VV and tether all the time but I stay below 7 gb per month. Att has never said anything to me about tethering. I use to do the same thing on my skyrocket and I had VV on that one too. Actually the only time I was rold anything is when I has an iphone 3gs. But I no longer use Iphones I do not like them.

Sent from my Note 2 on CleanROM 1.2 using xda app-developers app
19th February 2013, 04:02 PM   |  #98  
Thanks Meter: 24

105 posts
So I am able to change apn but cannot change the network operators to disable lte.

Im on clean rom 4.5.

Once the apn is changed how to I turn off the lte on this rom?

Frank

19th February 2013, 05:00 PM   |  #99  
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPhantomX

Don't have VV installed, but I also got the tether message after tethering my laptop and iPad to it. Could it be the VV service, itself?

That's what I'm thinking it might b also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serranom

I have the VV and tether all the time but I stay below 7 gb per month. Att has never said anything to me about tethering. I use to do the same thing on my skyrocket and I had VV on that one too. Actually the only time I was rold anything is when I has an iphone 3gs. But I no longer use Iphones I do not like them.

Sent from my Note 2 on CleanROM 1.2 using xda app-developers app

Have never ever owned any Crapple phone! But you have VV on your account? Or on the account& the app installed. My question is do you even use the VV service at all? Or just on the account like a lot of us. And I don't use the AT&T VV service. I use Visual Voicemail Plus for the pass 4yrs. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cemailplus.and
Just like VV but better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultravorx

So I am able to change apn but cannot change the network operators to disable lte.

Im on clean rom 4.5.

Once the apn is changed how to I turn off the lte on this rom?

Frank

Ok so you just want your phone to run as a 3G phone? Because you don't want LTE on your phone. Ok on this page they show you how to unlock our phones 4 FREE. :thumbup:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2014982

But I noticed that when I did the unlock you can also go into the network and change the setting. But: #1. CHECK TO SEE WHAT YOU NEED TO CHANGE IN THE SETTING TO STOP THE LTE SVC. Search button is your friend

JUST MY 2

19th February 2013, 05:06 PM   |  #100  
Thanks Meter: 101

258 posts
More
The other possibility from what I've Goggled is that it's the APN. They use a specific APN setting that allows them to detect tethering. How or which APN setting is beyond me at the moment.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread