Thread Closed

So long Sprint!

OP mauricehall

19th February 2013, 06:56 AM   |  #41  
flastnoles11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag columbia
Thanks Meter: 4,681
 
8,364 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Re: So long Sprint!
I definitely can't complain... http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/...pse231b08b.png




Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD
19th February 2013, 10:30 AM   |  #42  
Senior Member
Flag Colonial Heights,VA
Thanks Meter: 1,088
 
2,706 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Re: So long Sprint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascertion

Oh? My fault? Sprint used to be good here. Now they suck. How am I to blame for this? They hoped to offload all of the customers onto wimax and since there's little to no wimax here, the speeds have dropped tremendously.

Did you not make that choice to stay with sprint when you got this phone? You sign the contract knowing you'd only have slow 3G service.

Sent from a planet far far away.

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLuger82

I have no problem with my service, but I'm sure not gonna be a free sprint rep, you and him need to get Dirty Shrooms to hire you

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

They wont pay me enough plus I'm happy doing hvac. I just have issues with people who have the chance to change something, And they don't then complain about it and blame everything but themselves.


Sent from a planet far far away.
The Following User Says Thank You to Speedin07si For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 08:02 PM   |  #43  
Senior Member
Flag Hillsboro
Thanks Meter: 64
 
945 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascertion

The most expensive part is the price of the phone. Sprint loses money from selling you a device (lately the gs3 has been $50 to even free on a 2 yr contract.) This means Sprint makes money from the subsidy of the device from the monthly payments. It's a shame people can't just commit to their contract.

Yes... Sprint certainly does make a ****load of money off these subsidies. But they also make a ****load without them.... as do any other carrier. The fact that we the people do not make more noise about how we are getting raped out of the gate is beyond me. They (all carriers) have you all believing that if it weren't for those contracts, the cost of the phone is much higher. Think about that for a second. Think about all the electronics you have seen in a store. Do you really believe that an un-subsidized phone should carry a cost of ~ $600? How much do you really think it cost the slave child in China to make it? Probably more like $20 to $40. There are good quality large screen TV's that cost less than $600. And do you think you have to sign up for a contract to get them? NOPE! The bottom line is that the carriers a gaining profit out of the gate and then a hell of a lot more profit with the contract we are locked into. The whole thing is a major scam.
The Following User Says Thank You to edufur For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 08:30 PM   |  #44  
The Root's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hartford, CT
Thanks Meter: 1,908
 
5,044 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Re: So long Sprint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur

Yes... Sprint certainly does make a ****load of money off these subsidies. But they also make a ****load without them.... as do any other carrier. The fact that we the people do not make more noise about how we are getting raped out of the gate is beyond me. They (all carriers) have you all believing that if it weren't for those contracts, the cost of the phone is much higher. Think about that for a second. Think about all the electronics you have seen in a store. Do you really believe that an un-subsidized phone should carry a cost of ~ $600? How much do you really think it cost the slave child in China to make it? Probably more like $20 to $40. There are good quality large screen TV's that cost less than $600. And do you think you have to sign up for a contract to get them? NOPE! The bottom line is that the carriers a gaining profit out of the gate and then a hell of a lot more profit with the contract we are locked into. The whole thing is a major scam.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a false equivalency. A tv won't provide internet or signal. You have to pay a cable company for a subscription. You cannot call with your tv without an outside device providing signal. Wifi only tablets don't cost more than around $500. There is a catering to the contract.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to The Root For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 08:35 PM   |  #45  
yankees45us's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
509 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Re: So long Sprint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricehall

Well it's been fun everyone but I just got a letter from sprint letting me know they will be terminating my contract for excessive roaming. I find it funny though because Since I was laid off in late november I've used mostly WiFi at home... but my contract is up on march 13 after that I'm probably going back to T-Mobile. So long to everyone on sprint forums from the Nexus 4G the GS2 and right here on the GS3.

Hey, did they let you keep your number?

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!
19th February 2013, 08:39 PM   |  #46  
Senior Member
Flag Hillsboro
Thanks Meter: 64
 
945 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Root

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a false equivalency. A tv won't provide internet or signal. You have to pay a cable company for a subscription. You cannot call with your tv without an outside device providing signal. Wifi only tablets don't cost more than around $500. There is a catering to the contract.

So wait... you really think that the extra comm radio on a phone suddenly pushes it into a manufacturing cost of $500ish?

I would say at best, your argument lends an additional $10 in cost. But you made an interesting point. Tablets. There are many good tablets out there that carry a manufacturing cost of much less than they would have you believe of a smartphone. I can buy a really good tablet that outperforms my phone for about $200.... no contract.
19th February 2013, 08:47 PM   |  #47  
The Root's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hartford, CT
Thanks Meter: 1,908
 
5,044 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Re: So long Sprint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur

So wait... you really think that the extra comm radio on a phone suddenly pushes it into a manufacturing cost of $500ish?

I would say at best, your argument lends an additional $10 in cost. But you made an interesting point. Tablets. There are many good tablets out there that carry a manufacturing cost of much less than they would have you believe of a smartphone. I can buy a really good tablet that outperforms my phone for about $200.... no contract.

Nope, asshats breaking contracts are what pushes the price. If people actually fulfilled their part of the deal, they wouldn't penalize with high off contract prices. Please read what I'm typing. I'm not being cryptic.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Root For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 08:51 PM   |  #48  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
1,169 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Re: So long Sprint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur

Yes... Sprint certainly does make a ****load of money off these subsidies. But they also make a ****load without them.... as do any other carrier. The fact that we the people do not make more noise about how we are getting raped out of the gate is beyond me. They (all carriers) have you all believing that if it weren't for those contracts, the cost of the phone is much higher. Think about that for a second. Think about all the electronics you have seen in a store. Do you really believe that an un-subsidized phone should carry a cost of ~ $600? How much do you really think it cost the slave child in China to make it? Probably more like $20 to $40. There are good quality large screen TV's that cost less than $600. And do you think you have to sign up for a contract to get them? NOPE! The bottom line is that the carriers a gaining profit out of the gate and then a hell of a lot more profit with the contract we are locked into. The whole thing is a major scam.

This

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
19th February 2013, 08:58 PM   |  #49  
The Root's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hartford, CT
Thanks Meter: 1,908
 
5,044 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Re: So long Sprint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLuger82

This

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

I've already argued "this." Please add something meaningful besides agreeing with a non argument. There was no comparison between a tv and a smart phone

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
19th February 2013, 09:06 PM   |  #50  
flastnoles11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag columbia
Thanks Meter: 4,681
 
8,364 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Re: So long Sprint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLuger82

This

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Smh :shaking:


Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sprint Galaxy S III General by ThreadRank