MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more
Post Reply

Has the issues been resolved?

17th February 2013, 07:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
I'm looking to get one but I keep reading about problems with lag and the I/o issues and I was wondering if these are still problems or has the updates worked out these kinks?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
17th February 2013, 09:28 PM   |  #2  
MartyHulskemper's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 366
 
1,465 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Re: Has the issues been resolved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_other_ray

I'm looking to get one but I keep reading about problems with lag and the I/o issues and I was wondering if these are still problems or has the updates worked out these kinks?

Much of the I/O issue is reated to the hardware present in the TF700 -- please read up on the issue since we have gone over this quite a few times. Short answer: no, it will not and cannot ever be fixed, but flashing a custom ROM alleviates many issues to a very acceptable degree. In another thread a user asking essentially the same question was rightfully advised to wait and see whatever new models may come available in the next few weeks to months. (Unless you clearly "need" the battery-powere dock of the TF700 and a FullHD sceen on the side, which would make the Transformer line your only viable option.)
17th February 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Re: Has the issues been resolved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyHulskemper

Much of the I/O issue is reated to the hardware present in the TF700 -- please read up on the issue since we have gone over this quite a few times. Short answer: no, it will not and cannot ever be fixed, but flashing a custom ROM alleviates many issues to a very acceptable degree. In another thread a user asking essentially the same question was rightfully advised to wait and see whatever new models may come available in the next few weeks to months. (Unless you clearly "need" the battery-powere dock of the TF700 and a FullHD sceen on the side, which would make the Transformer line your only viable option.)

But is it something that really ruins the experience or just a minor nuisance?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
17th February 2013, 10:44 PM   |  #4  
RLGL's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stillwater
Thanks Meter: 35
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
That depends on the user. In my case it was tolerable, realizing the limitations 0f the hardware. I got around to rooting today.
18th February 2013, 03:16 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 55
 
256 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_other_ray

I'm looking to get one but I keep reading about problems with lag and the I/o issues and I was wondering if these are still problems or has the updates worked out these kinks?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

The issue is not present on some versions of the tablet, I don't know what are the versions but please check the Asus Transformer infinity benchmarking video on youtube by "miniocpro". In this video the I/O appears to be good on Quadrant Standard actually a lot better than the ones on all infinitys i saw.
18th February 2013, 11:03 AM   |  #6  
MartyHulskemper's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 366
 
1,465 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_other_ray

But is it something that really ruins the experience or just a minor nuisance?

In my case only a minor nuisance, but that largely depends on personal preference/perception. There have been a few reports of the issues being perceived as "deal-breaking"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by king231

The issue is not present on some versions of the tablet, I don't know what are the versions but please check the Asus Transformer infinity benchmarking video on youtube by "miniocpro". In this video the I/O appears to be good on Quadrant Standard actually a lot better than the ones on all infinitys i saw.

I have never seen a post in here describing the I/O throughput of any Infinity as 'good'. Obviously, as always, your mileage may vary, but in general, it just is not that good.

@OP: I'd buy again, as far as the I/O issue is concerned, provided I could unlock the bootloader and flash a custom ROM (and possible data2SD) -- these seems to make the user experience a lot better.
18th February 2013, 11:09 PM   |  #7  
Thats OK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
3,091 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
I never really paid a whole lot of attention to the I\O complaining.
Not sure slow I\O was causing my initial disappointing experience with the Infinity.
My case the updates worsened the tabs performance...so I threw up my hands and jumped on the Cl-ROM\CROMi train.

I'm a firm believer that too many useless or poorly implemented apps are causing most of the sluggishness with a majority of new users.
19th February 2013, 08:03 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Re: Has the issues been resolved?
I bought one today and it's awesome. Wow, the screen is unbelievable. Coming from the wifi Xoom, this thing is a beast. Very satisfied so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 11:16 AM   |  #9  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 906
 
3,691 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
I'm not bothered by it at all. Sure, sometimes the browser seems to hang for a bit when loading a page. My SGS3 does the same thing... So does Firefox on my pc, for that matter. And it takes a whole whopping 0.2 seconds longer to swipe or load an app. I do a fair bit of rendering, understanding is half the battle. I can't be bothered by what I know to be logical. But actual, real lag? No. Never noticed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK

I'm a firm believer that too many useless or poorly implemented apps are causing most of the sluggishness with a majority of new users.

This.
New users tend to put every single piece of app junk on their tab, including some seriously heavy and/or incompatible live wallpapers, weather apps, live feeds, motion gallery and an equally insane amount of shortcuts, and then complain about lag. Yea, it doesn't work like that.
19th February 2013, 12:47 PM   |  #10  
MartyHulskemper's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 366
 
1,465 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

I'm not bothered by it at all. Sure, sometimes the browser seems to hang for a bit when loading a page. My SGS3 does the same thing... So does Firefox on my pc, for that matter. And it takes a whole whopping 0.2 seconds longer to swipe or load an app. I do a fair bit of rendering, understanding is half the battle. I can't be bothered by what I know to be logical. But actual, real lag? No. Never noticed it.



This.
New users tend to put every single piece of app junk on their tab, including some seriously heavy and/or incompatible live wallpapers, weather apps, live feeds, motion gallery and an equally insane amount of shortcuts, and then complain about lag. Yea, it doesn't work like that.

OT: Haven't seen you around for a while? All good?

The screen is amazing, and that is the selling point for this device, along with the battery-powered dock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Transformer TF700 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank