Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G

OP mr-cook

19th February 2013, 06:05 AM   |  #1351  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,580
 
892 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Re: Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G
Was that from a full charge? I've never had that bad battery drain.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
19th February 2013, 06:09 AM   |  #1352  
EzSqueezeCheese's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
394 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook

Was that from a full charge? I've never had that bad battery drain.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

Yes. I turned my phone off for about an hour while I was in a dead zone after charging it. Waited till I got home to turn it back on.
19th February 2013, 06:35 AM   |  #1353  
razen_kain's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,228
 
2,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook

Was that from a full charge? I've never had that bad battery drain.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

One thing Ive noticed from these bat stat pictures that everyone posts is their cell standby %'s. They are always in the 15-20% range. Mine has never been that high. The highest ive ever seen it was 3% and it always at the bottom of the list.
19th February 2013, 06:45 AM   |  #1354  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,580
 
892 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Re: Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain

One thing Ive noticed from these bat stat pictures that everyone posts is their cell standby %'s. They are always in the 15-20% range. Mine has never been that high. The highest ive ever seen it was 3% and it always at the bottom of the list.

That's because you're always using it!

Sent from my SGH-S959G
19th February 2013, 06:54 AM   |  #1355  
razen_kain's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,228
 
2,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook

That's because you're always using it!

Sent from my SGH-S959G

OK.... I thought that was the device idle stat. my bad
19th February 2013, 06:57 AM   |  #1356  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,580
 
892 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Re: Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain

OK.... I thought that was the device idle stat. my bad

You're right. That's how much battery is used by idling. The less your phone sleeps the smaller it will be.

I meant because you're always on your phone, so it doesn't get much sleep.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
19th February 2013, 07:00 AM   |  #1357  
razen_kain's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,228
 
2,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook

You're right. That's how much battery is used by idling. The less your phone sleeps the smaller it will be.

I meant because you're always on your phone, so it doesn't get much sleep.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

Im never on the phone. I loathe phone calls. If they dont txt or email i probably dont want to talk to them
19th February 2013, 12:25 PM   |  #1358  
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain

Are the games on your ext sd card?

Try using the hyper gov for awake and conservative for asleep. That rav4kar profile givea me lag too. I cant use it. I dont go anuwhere that i dont have a xharger so bat is not so important to me.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

Yes everything gets switched to the SD card that can be.
Those 2 STweaks are set to those.

I dont have any battery issues that I know of. Battery seems to be pretty stable. Havent really been using the it to point where it could be an issue cause of the other issues. If I can get the other issues straight then I will worry about the battery. If no one has any idea on why this is happening... then I guess I will do a restore back to stock Gingerbread and that is the last thing I want to do.
Last edited by chrishaney23; 19th February 2013 at 01:22 PM.
19th February 2013, 01:45 PM   |  #1359  
razen_kain's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,228
 
2,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Re: Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishaney23

Yes everything gets switched to the SD card that can be.
Those 2 STweaks are set to those.

I dont have any battery issues that I know of. Battery seems to be pretty stable. Havent really been using the it to point where it could be an issue cause of the other issues. If I can get the other issues straight then I will worry about the battery. If no one has any idea on why this is happening... then I guess I will do a restore back to stock Gingerbread and that is the last thing I want to do.

I was having the same problem with words with friends. I had moved to my external sd before i upgraded from stock. Wwf was practicaly unplayable after i flashed SHOstocl3 and froze up quite a bit. Moved it over to internal sd card and it started playing the way it always did. I guess with the extra files on sd card ( rom/kernel) it made the game hard to read.
It is a very cheap sd card....
Sent from my SGH-S959G
19th February 2013, 03:10 PM   |  #1360  
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishaney23

Last week was my first time rooting and installing a new ROM. I installed ShoStock 3, PhilZ CWM and Siyah kernel. Now I am having some big issues.

1 ) Sometimes when I get an email or a text message.. the icon still shows a little " 1 " on it like I didnt read it?
2 ) Games are not working. Tried Jewels Star, Words With Friends and Cut the Rope and they dont get past loading up?
3 ) The whole system seems to lag?
4 ) When I restart.... some app icons are no longer on my home screens?

Any ideas? Someone point me in the right direction as to what to do?

I think I figured out what the problem was. I had Developer Options turned on. It definitely fixed the games not working and the system lag. I got an email and that seemed to be fixed but lets see if that continues to go ok. The apps disappearing from the home screens is still a problem after a restart? Any ideas there?

Another problem is that Shazam nor Soundhound works. When I start them they both say another application is using the microphone?
Last edited by chrishaney23; 19th February 2013 at 03:23 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes