Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Nov 1]★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.5 | JB 10.4.4.25 | ODEX/DEODEX | Full ROM ★★

Tip us?

Joeful
Old
(Last edited by Joeful; 19th February 2013 at 06:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 54
Default Re: [ROM][17 Feb]★★CleanROM Inheritance 3.3 | JB 10.4.4.25 | ODEX/DEODEX | New Kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Yeah I'm suspecting the kernel. Something is up - I'm investigating now. There are some files that are not present from my install .......

Ignore that - found a small bug in the kernel installer but it's not causing this....
Should I install a different kernel?

Also, I installed CROMI 3.3 using the latest version of TWRP. Could TWRP be the problem?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

madsatan
Old
(Last edited by madsatan; 19th February 2013 at 06:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
it works now
but the asus weather widget still not showing up
i tried to drag it on my desktop but it doesnt show anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK View Post
Do you have the MD5 and check zip boxes checked?
If so un-check them both in TWRP.
both of them are un check
still not working

jtrosky
Old
Thanks Meter 961
Default Re: [ROM][17 Feb]★★CleanROM Inheritance 3.3 | JB 10.4.4.25 | ODEX/DEODEX | New Kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeful View Post
Should I install a different kernel?

Also, I installed CROMI 3.3 using the latest version of TWRP. Could TWRP be the problem?

Try loading the stock _that kernel. I'm guessing that it's either the kernel or the method used to install CROMI ("upgrade" vs "clean install"). I'm running stock _that kernel and upgraded "in place" and don't have either of the issue you've reported.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Joeful
Old
(Last edited by Joeful; 19th February 2013 at 07:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Try loading the stock _that kernel. I'm guessing that it's either the kernel or the method used to install CROMI ("upgrade" vs "clean install"). I'm running stock _that kernel and upgraded "in place" and don't have either of the issue you've reported.

I want the overclocked kernel though. I installed CROMI straight from TWRP on a completely wiped and bare intern storage. sdbags said he is having the same issue. lol. are you saying i should install asus official firmware and then install cromi over that? Also, maybe when i install cromi i could leave out google search and just install from app store after?

ChefChaudart
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by butcherbird View Post
Not a complaint ... just reporting something I noticed...

This evening, my tablet started lagging pretty badly all of a sudden (temporarily). I then noticed that a few apps had updated automatically. Maybe this is something no ROM can compensate for.

I will see if it happens again next time I have 2 or more updates coming in at the same time.

Running all the stock options.
I confirm, it would be nice that updates only applies when the tablet is not used. But thatīs probably related to OS
Do not forget Liu Xiaobo
Do not forget Troy DAVIS, Yokamon Hearn

william tanaya
Old
Thanks Meter 21

I don't know whether it just me, but when i use the usb slot on the keyboard dock for my flash drive and hard drive.
every time i turn of the screen, the tablet stop recognizing my flash drive. it happens with my portable HDD too.
is there any way to disable it, I mean to make my tablet still recognize anything in the usb slot even when i turn off the screen?

jtrosky
Old
(Last edited by jtrosky; 19th February 2013 at 11:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 961

Quote:
I want the overclocked kernel though. I installed CROMI straight from TWRP on a completely wiped and bare intern storage. sdbags said he is having the same issue. lol. are you saying i should install asus official firmware and then install cromi over that? Also, maybe when i install cromi i could leave out google search and just install from app store after?

To be honest, I've tried both the OC kernel and the stock kernel and the stock kernel seems to perform the best if you ask me (going by real-world usage - not benchmarks). Try it - you may end up staying with it!

Installaing stock ROM first wouldn't help (as CleanROMI just overwrites it), but I'm thinking that maybe the folks that just upgraded from the previous version of CleanROMI are the ones that have working Google Now and power save settings...

I would try the stock _that kernel first - with @sdbags kernel installer, it only takes a few minutes... Hell, actually, let me try loading the OC kernel and see what happens - I'll report back shortly...

EDIT: Just loaded up the old Clemsyn 1.5-1.8 kernel with 700Mhz GPU and both Google Now and the Power Save settings are still working. Will try to load up the _that 1.5-1.8 650Mhz GPU kernel next (probably the most popular). Will report back.

EDT2: Installed _that OC kernel (1.5-1.8) via kernel/tweak installer 2.0 (nice job @sbdags!) and Google Now and Power Save settings were still fine. So, I would suspect that it's not working with fresh installs, regardless of the kernel used.

Is Google Now/Power Save settings working for anyone that did a fresh install of CROMI 3.3?

MarkAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Hi, sorry my questions.
Having the daily spontaneous reboots with my ASUS TF700 original, I wanted to know if installing this ROM I could solve this problem.
My ASUS TF700 has original ROM JB and ROOT.
I never unlocked.
What is the correct procedure to unlock it, install the ROM and do not miss the ROOT?
thanks

Joeful
Old
Thanks Meter 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
To be honest, I've tried both the OC kernel and the stock kernel and the stock kernel seems to perform the best if you ask me (going by real-world usage - not benchmarks). Try it - you may end up staying with it!

Installaing stock ROM first wouldn't help (as CleanROMI just overwrites it), but I'm thinking that maybe the folks that just upgraded from the previous version of CleanROMI are the ones that have working Google Now and power save settings...

I would try the stock _that kernel first - with @sdbags kernel installer, it only takes a few minutes... Hell, actually, let me try loading the OC kernel and see what happens - I'll report back shortly...

EDIT: Just loaded up the old Clemsyn 1.5-1.8 kernel with 700Mhz GPU and both Google Now and the Power Save settings are still working. Will try to load up the _that 1.5-1.8 650Mhz GPU kernel next (probably the most popular). Will report back.

EDT2: Installed _that OC kernel (1.5-1.8) via kernel/tweak installer 2.0 (nice job @sbdags!) and Google Now and Power Save settings were still fine. So, I would suspect that it's not working with fresh installs, regardless of the kernel used.

Is Google Now/Power Save settings working for anyone that did a fresh install of CROMI 3.3?

I think you may be right. The fresh install may be the cause. Should I install CROMI 3.2 and then 3.3 over it?

lucius.zen
Old
(Last edited by lucius.zen; 19th February 2013 at 01:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsatan View Post
it works now
but the asus weather widget still not showing up
i tried to drag it on my desktop but it doesnt show anything

both of them are un check
still not working
The same thing kept happening for me. Uninstalling the weather widget and flashing CROMI 3.3 again fixed it, this was before the patches were released. the patches are unnecessary if you uninstall the widget and flash CROMI 3.3 again.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Quote:
I think you may be right. The fresh install may be the cause. Should I install CROMI 3.2 and then 3.3 over it?

i wiped system and data before i moved to 3.2.2 so it was completely fresh. flashed 3.3 over and have not had any issues. I have tried stock and OC versions of both _that's kernel and 2 OC versions of hundsubbah's kernel and both are working fine.

I am having playstore issues but this is a result of custom dpi. I have tried every dpi and 240 is the only one that gives full playstore functionality. If anyone knows a fix for this it would be very much appreciated. I found a mod that will fix but it only works with deodexed files.

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAndroid View Post
Hi, sorry my questions.
Having the daily spontaneous reboots with my ASUS TF700 original, I wanted to know if installing this ROM I could solve this problem.
My ASUS TF700 has original ROM JB and ROOT.
I never unlocked.
What is the correct procedure to unlock it, install the ROM and do not miss the ROOT?
thanks
This ROM might help with reboots, i certainly havent had any since installing CROMI.

Installing this ROM automatically gives you root, root is built into every ROM I have ever used.

To install CROMI you need to:
- Unlock - Detailed instructions here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=unlock
- Flash TWRP - Detailed instructions here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1938129
- Flash CROMI - Detailed instruction in OP

I would do a quick search for your answers, there are many posts in this thread and in our forum that give detailed answers to your questions.

Happy flashing.

The Following User Says Thank You to lucius.zen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cleanrom, infinity, inheritance, jelly bean, tf700