Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Right, that's it: I'm done with this piece of crap

Tip us?

ady_seray
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default Re: Right, that's it: I'm done with this piece of crap

Oh my god the amount of whiners!!!!!! Just sell it and be GONE!
Where did you guys get your N10 anyway? I've had literally no problem with it (OK OK, before 4.2.2 I had loads of reboots). No creaking back, Wi-Fi is very good, a tiny tiny patch of light bleed on the bottom left corner(only visible at 100% brightness in dark room) and I never get to see it. And I even like the colours compared to my HOX. Got it in the UK.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

rxnelson
Old
Thanks Meter 76

Yea I know right. Mine was perfect too except for constant reboots, light bleed, a creaking back, dust under the screen, throttling during gaming and it gave me rabies.

Wait...so that means it wasn't perfect? But it says Google and Nexus on it...:what:

I exaggerate for effect. I only had the reboots but hopefully you get it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mermoid
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchahn View Post
I assume you are running stock software, otherwise you can't blame google.
Correct, I'm 100% stock. It had the wifi problems straight out of the box, on 4.2.1 and still has the same problem in 4.2.2 now.
On the flipside, I've never had a single reboot on mine.

bee55
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I'm starting to believe this wifi issue might actually be a hardware problem, as I've never had it, but some people clearly do, even on stock software. (I had a wifi issue, with the toggle freezing and signal dropping, requiring a reboot, but that only happened on a few custom ROMs.)

Fortunately I got lucky and my first N10 only has minor light bleed, an even screen, no back creak, no wifi drops and a pretty good chip (3rd lowest voltage table of the 12) so throttling wasn't as bad as the average either (I guess).
This said, I completely understand people here who tried even a 5th replacement in hopes that they get a N10 without any major problems. I know how it feels spending a lot of money on something, then waiting for it for weeks and just getting that massive disappointment when the product is defective. It's a shame, really, how overall bad quality control can ruin many people's experience with a device that should otherwise be an amazing one.

People calling the OP and others whiners are either too rich to care about a mere $400 or they're not spending their own money on the device, as otherwise I can't imagine how they could be satisfied with having a defective N10.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bee55 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

espionage724
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ady_seray View Post
Where did you guys get your N10 anyway?
Doesn't matter where you get it, All N10's have a large varying degree of defects it seems.

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber
The Following User Says Thank You to espionage724 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 662

Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724 View Post
Doesn't matter where you get it, All N10's have a large varying degree of defects it seems.
I'm not discounting the reports here about problems, but I have to disagree with that statement. I've had my N10 since early December and it's been excellent. A few odd freezes in Chrome early on, but when I switched to Chrome beta they almost completely disappeared. Since installing 4.2.2 I've had over 100 hours uptime without a single hiccup. I've been using stock Chrome (not beta) since the update, and it's been great. Also: no light bleed, no creaking, no screen lift, etc.

I also have a number of associates and friends with N10's and oddly enough their experiences have been essentially the same as mine. I really have to emphasize that I mean no disrespect to those here reporting issues, and I sympathize, but I'm finding it really odd that my own experience, and that of others I know personally, suggests that aside from some bugs in earlier versions of Android, the tablet is generally superb when a fair number of folks here are reporting pretty bad issues. It's hard to make sense of such a discrepancy between the complaints I read here and my own experience, that of my known associates, and the various reviews I've read online. Not sure what to make of this quite honestly, as those here reporting multiple bad devices would seem to suggest that most units are defective, which is totally at odds with my own experience and knowledge.

I'd love to know the real stats about this, as online problem forums tend to attract and focus problem reports, quite naturally, and may represent skewed stats. Having run online sites and communities in the past, I've also personally experienced the annoying phenomenon of online sock puppets as well.

I feel bad for those here with bad experiences, but I'm having trouble generalizing that to the product in general, when it would seem to me to be superb. Again, no disrespect to those with problems, I just have trouble imagining that this represents the product in general.

... beamed from my Nexus 10 to your planet
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jonstrong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Low_Key_13
Old
Thanks Meter 2

Taking for granted that this isn't a troll, I couldn't have had much of a more opposite experience.
I ordered my n10 via eBay China, and really couldn't be happier. I haven't noticed any light bleed or creaks from hardware, did get a reset approx every day until 4.2.2 updated, and haven't had any resets since.
I can't comment on customer service as I haven't needed them, but I couldn't be happier with my device.
I must agree with other posters that getting a 5th unit seems unlikely, particularly as they've been out of stock since December.
The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions, and expecting different outcomes.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Andrewtst
Old
(Last edited by Andrewtst; 19th February 2013 at 10:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1383

DONATE TO ME
My experience:
  • My Nexus 10 had no blacklight bleed, already tested with blacklight bleed app at 100% brightness. I probably lucky on this. I seen some user post photo was really bad blacklight bleed where I really can't believe the bleeding can be that bad, also 4 to 5 times switching still cannot getting a decent unit? I can only imaging the owner was too picky, pleasing with perfection which never appear in life, or just trolling here for nothing.
  • Yellowish - probably tiny 0.5% differences where you won't notice unless you purposely picky on it.
  • Random crash and hang when running stock 4.2 or 4.2.1, I never switch off what locale service as I find it not much big different even switching it off, but without using Chrome can reduce the hang / reboot. But it still hanging me few times a day.
  • Switching to CM 10.1 base on 4.2.1 had reduce a lot crashing especially when not using Chrome.
  • After upgrade to latest CM 10.1 base on 4.2.2, I never face any hanging issue already and now Chrome Beta was my default browser back.
  • WiFi signal is much weaker than my S III where my S III can anytime catching up weak WiFi coverage without dropping it. In 4.2.2, WiFi signal was much better but still not as great as my S III that never drop.
  • Build quality was top notch for me, I never heard any cracking sound at some user report. I don't get any back creak issue.

In Short, I no regret getting it, it do frustration at 1st due to crashing issue, but I know that was probably software issue and it can get fix anytime. Now 4.2.2 fixed it, I got nothing much to complain on it anymore.

Nexus 10 run smoothly and is one of the smooth Android tablet I can accept for the moment after Asus Padfone 2. (Don't talk on iPad, as I never like iOS which too many restriction and boring).
Phone: HTC ONE (M8) | | Kernel: Stock | ROM: Android Revolution HD 10.2 - 4.4.3 KitKat
Future Phone: ~ nil

Ex. Phone: Nokia 3310, Samsung S500, Nokia 7610, 7270, 7280, SE K750, Nokia N73, LG Viewty KU990, Samsung Pixon, UltraTOUCH, OMNIA II, Nokia 3120 Classic, Google Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S II, S III, Sony Xperia Z, Z Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Tablet: Sony Xperia Tablet Z | ROM: Stock v10.5.A.0.230 - 4.4.2 KitKat
Future Tablet: Still Finding

Ex. Tablet: Google Nexus 10

stiggy2012
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstrong View Post
I'm not discounting the reports here about problems, but I have to disagree with that statement. I've had my N10 since early December and it's been excellent. A few odd freezes in Chrome early on, but when I switched to Chrome beta they almost completely disappeared. Since installing 4.2.2 I've had over 100 hours uptime without a single hiccup. I've been using stock Chrome (not beta) since the update, and it's been great. Also: no light bleed, no creaking, no screen lift, etc.

I also have a number of associates and friends with N10's and oddly enough their experiences have been essentially the same as mine. I really have to emphasize that I mean no disrespect to those here reporting issues, and I sympathize, but I'm finding it really odd that my own experience, and that of others I know personally, suggests that aside from some bugs in earlier versions of Android, the tablet is generally superb when a fair number of folks here are reporting pretty bad issues. It's hard to make sense of such a discrepancy between the complaints I read here and my own experience, that of my known associates, and the various reviews I've read online. Not sure what to make of this quite honestly, as those here reporting multiple bad devices would seem to suggest that most units are defective, which is totally at odds with my own experience and knowledge.

I'd love to know the real stats about this, as online problem forums tend to attract and focus problem reports, quite naturally, and may represent skewed stats. Having run online sites and communities in the past, I've also personally experienced the annoying phenomenon of online sock puppets as well.

I feel bad for those here with bad experiences, but I'm having trouble generalizing that to the product in general, when it would seem to me to be superb. Again, no disrespect to those with problems, I just have trouble imagining that this represents the product in general.

... beamed from my Nexus 10 to your planet
Very well said. My N10 is awesome, and the guy at work I know with one loves his too. I have minimal light bleed in the bottom right corner (when held in landscape), but certainly no yellow patches. I would most likely have never noticed it if I wasn't looking for it, having read the light bleed thread.

There are only two ways the repeat problems some of these guys are reporting could be real: One is if Google are sending back out RMA'ed devices as new. Two is that the people with repeated RMA's are extremely picky. Otherwise the math just doesn't add up. If we're saying that only 1 unit in 10 doesn't have any defects, that means a 1/20 chance that both me and the guy I know have a good unit. Combine this with other experiences (like the one I'm quoting) and you start to see why less patient forum members are accusing others of trolling.

It's bizzare quite frankly.

Jms122589
Old
Thanks Meter 34

I'm for the most part completely happy with my N10. I however have the WiFi problem . oddly enough WiFi was pretty stable with cm10 but after upgrading to stock 4.2.2 the WiFi issue is back with a vengeance so idk what to think but o well. I do feel horrible for the poor folks who had major issues but I do however known plenty of people who obsess over the most minor of defects with technology such as a small amount of light bleed or some reboots. I have a small amount of light bleed but nothing that inter fears with the display

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium