Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Nexus 7 in 2013...Possible specs & would you upgrade?

Tip us?

TomNokoe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
on the price of the device.. The Nexus 4 was $349 and 279 unlocked for 16GB, but its such a high end phone. So surely the next N7 can once again have a ridiculous price with great specs. The price of the S4 Pro *then* (late 2012) would have been sky-high and probably in line with the price of the Snapdragon 800 and T4 about *now* as it was industry leading, so who says he can't have the latest-and-greatest? The materials for the N4 would have been expensive (gorilla glass 2 all over) compared to the probable second-rate glass and rubberized back the Nexus 7 v2 will recieve, along with an 8mp rear snapper, and with the cellular radios, both which won't be present in the next gen Nexus 7 (3g/4g well that is another story). I don't see any reason why the N7 v2 can't have brilliant specs for a low price point, the N4 has set a precedent, especially with google devices.

Cor-master
Old
Thanks Meter 510
Default Re: New Nexus 7 in 2013...Possible specs & would you upgrade?

It's a must for the successor to have the same price tag. The only way to beat apple is with price, I mean they could have a tablet with 8 cores and 4 gigs of ram and price it same as the ipad mini, and yet the gp will pass it on by for the mini because the GP doesn't really care much about specs, but they know the ipad name.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

IRX120
Old
Thanks Meter 639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor-master View Post
It's a must for the successor to have the same price tag. The only way to beat apple is with price, I mean they could have a tablet with 8 cores and 4 gigs of ram and price it same as the ipad mini, and yet the gp will pass it on by for the mini because the GP doesn't really care much about specs, but they know the ipad name.

Even if you make a 299$ tablet with a 2.5ghz 8 core chip 4 gigs of ram and a FHD 10 inch screen apple fanboys would still but the iPad 5 (or whatever model it is now)

Sent from my Nexus 4 @1.5 GHz on Stock 4.2.1

Jpcsilva
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The only thin i am missing on nexus 7 is the miracast compatibility and/or mhl cable. I really enjoy the nexus 7. Still hope google let us use miracast on our nexus 7.

TomNokoe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Today nVidia announced the Tegra 4i, the "budget" version of the Tegra 4, with 60 GPU cores as opposed to 72...... I think this will be finding it's way into the next N7!

jfed
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I always love the latest tech.... I dont always buy it but I love it. I had the first gen kindle fire rooted with all kinds of roms. I loved it being rooted it was so much faster than the stock kindle fire but I could see that it was limited with the cores and ram so I bought the nexus wifi 32gb, rooted with a prime rom and it is so fast I cant imagine faster. A faster boot would be nice but all the tweaking that i have done with this nexus 7 has made this machine a beast. Now I dont play a lot of games so I am sure that it is not the best tablet to run games but I do watch a ton of movies and with the tweaks and the rom that I currently have the battery life is great.

I will wear this nexus out before I get another one
Joe Federsel
Logistics Consultant

NEXUS 7 FIRST GEN 4.4.2 Vanir "Prime is the Man"
Note 2 4.4.2 Slim Kat
Nexus 10 Slim Kat 4.2.2 "wifi is best on jelly bean compared to kitkat for nexus 10"

s1lenz
Old
Thanks Meter 98
all i want is better web browsing.... its pretty bad atm.

Cor-master
Old
Thanks Meter 510

Good luck with that, even if you root and add flash support, it'll never be better than a gigantic cell phone experience. The nexus 7 is world's ahead of my flyer but I still find myself grabbing laptop or heading upstairs to my desktop if I have to do more than casual browsing.

The Internet is still predominantly catered to desktops with x86 cpus and windowed operating systems, and more than often I just find things that break any mobile Web browser

MikeChelen
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Supposedly the new version of the Nexus 7 will be called the Nexus 7.7
http://bgr.com/2013/01/17/nexus-5-re...us-7-7-294121/

yousef8824
Old
Thanks Meter 29

Here is the prototype

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGrSF...e_gdata_player

sent from my UNLOCKED gt-s5360 using the XDA app

Tags
nexus 7 update specs 2013