Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,481 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.6 [Updated 08/06/14]: Nexus 10 Thread

Tip us?
 
FormeriPhoney
Old
#231  
FormeriPhoney's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 742
Posts: 2,042
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12] : Nexus 10 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe2nite View Post
Yes but, if you're trying to unlock and root 4.2.2 you will need to install the toolkit then click the link on wugs web site and follow the instructions to update the ADB and FASTBOOT files in the /data folder with the updated files in the zip, into the wug install directory..... GL

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
The tablet I purchased is already rooted/unlocked.

I am more concerned if I need to restore back to stock for warranty issues.

I had the toolkit for my gnex (vzw) sometime last year but never got around to using it.
 
rrand
Old
#232  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 102
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12] : Nexus 10 Thread

Hello, I need some help. I have to return my N10 tomorrow, as it's my last day to return it.

I'm trying to downgrade to the stock ROM with Wug's Root Toolkit. I chose the option, "Back to Stock" -> "Flash Stock + Unroot", "Device is on/normal".

Everything seems to be going well, until when I get to the part where it says, "Booting up your freshly flashed stock device". But nothing happened. The Nexus is still in the bootloader with the android's chest open and the box with the option to START.

The toolkit itself couldn't download the stock ROM because it doesn't exist on the site. So I downloaded it from another site and in the toolkit chose that ".tar" image file. The MD5 was a match, so I don't know why it's not working.

What can I do? Like I said, it has to go in tomorrow.

Thanks.
I should add that I'm not using a modified rom. I am on Android version 4.2.2, that I upgraded to with this Root Toolkit. Do I even have to downgrade my rom? Can I just unroot and OEM lock it? (I also want to wipe the data clean before taking it in.)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
 
WugFresh
Old
#233  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5046
Posts: 1,477
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12] : Nexus 10 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrand View Post
Hello, I need some help. I have to return my N10 tomorrow, as it's my last day to return it.

I'm trying to downgrade to the stock ROM with Wug's Root Toolkit. I chose the option, "Back to Stock" -> "Flash Stock + Unroot", "Device is on/normal".

Everything seems to be going well, until when I get to the part where it says, "Booting up your freshly flashed stock device". But nothing happened. The Nexus is still in the bootloader with the android's chest open and the box with the option to START.

The toolkit itself couldn't download the stock ROM because it doesn't exist on the site. So I downloaded it from another site and in the toolkit chose that ".tar" image file. The MD5 was a match, so I don't know why it's not working.

What can I do? Like I said, it has to go in tomorrow.

Thanks.
I should add that I'm not using a modified rom. I am on Android version 4.2.2, that I upgraded to with this Root Toolkit. Do I even have to downgrade my rom? Can I just unroot and OEM lock it? (I also want to wipe the data clean before taking it in.)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
Are you unlocked? You need to be unlocked to flash stock. You are saying it goes through the whole flash process and then doesn't boot back up? How long does it take to complete.

{{ WugFresh }}
 
rrand
Old
#234  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 102
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
Are you unlocked? You need to be unlocked to flash stock. You are saying it goes through the whole flash process and then doesn't boot back up? How long does it take to complete.

{{ WugFresh }}
Yes, I am unlocked. The little lock is unlocked when it first boots up.

I logged everything this time.

open Wug's Root Toolkit.

mesg: this feature does not work with the build you have selected.
select "flash stock + unroot/Device is normal"
mesg: wipe warning
browse files, option: i download factory image myself
select tar file
mesg: analyzing factory image, enter hash
a few seconds.
mesg: file is good to extract and flash!
mesg: please be patient while your flash extracts
(not very long, a few seconds.)
mesg: dba connection (offline)
i hit okay on device. retry on pc.
(a few things i didn't see.)
mesg: connected.
mesg: checking fastboot status
mesg: device connected.
mesg: "flashing stock will factory reset your device."
[OK]
mesg: rebooting your device into bootloader mode
dos window comes up immediately
mesg: booting up your freshly flashed stock device...press any key
mesg:"assuming the operation you just performed was successful..change your model type"
device is still in bootloader. yellow android lying down with his tummy opened.
that is all.
 
WugFresh
Old
#235  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5046
Posts: 1,477
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12] : Nexus 10 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrand View Post
Yes, I am unlocked. The little lock is unlocked when it first boots up.

I logged everything this time.

open Wug's Root Toolkit.

mesg: this feature does not work with the build you have selected.
select "flash stock + unroot/Device is normal"
mesg: wipe warning
browse files, option: i download factory image myself
select tar file
mesg: analyzing factory image, enter hash
a few seconds.
mesg: file is good to extract and flash!
mesg: please be patient while your flash extracts
(not very long, a few seconds.)
mesg: dba connection (offline)
i hit okay on device. retry on pc.
(a few things i didn't see.)
mesg: connected.
mesg: checking fastboot status
mesg: device connected.
mesg: "flashing stock will factory reset your device."
[OK]
mesg: rebooting your device into bootloader mode
dos window comes up immediately
mesg: booting up your freshly flashed stock device...press any key
mesg:"assuming the operation you just performed was successful..change your model type"
device is still in bootloader. yellow android lying down with his tummy opened.
that is all.
Did you install the toolkit to the root of your hard drive? Like directly in your C drive or in a subfolder? The toolkit needs to be in at least one folder, the problem you are encountering is indicative that you installed it to the root of your hard disk. Try putting all the toolkit files in a folder so like C:\Wug\* rather than just C:\*

{{ WugFresh }}
 
rrand
Old
#236  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 102
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
Did you install the toolkit to the root of your hard drive? Like directly in your C drive or in a subfolder? The toolkit needs to be in at least one folder, the problem you are encountering is indicative that you installed it to the root of your hard disk. Try putting all the toolkit files in a folder so like C:\Wug\* rather than just C:\*

{{ WugFresh }}
bhargz just helped me in the other thread. He said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargz16 View Post
You dnt need to downgrade if you're using stock ROM..
Just unroot, flash stock recovery, wipe data, and lock bootloader and you're good to go...

Sent from my Nexus 7
I did all that and it worked.

Thank you for your help and for a great program! I'll be using it again when I get my replacement.
 
FormeriPhoney
Old
#237  
FormeriPhoney's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 742
Posts: 2,042
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12] : Nexus 10 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe2nite View Post
Yes but, if you're trying to unlock and root 4.2.2 you will need to install the toolkit then click the link on wugs web site and follow the instructions to update the ADB and FASTBOOT files in the /data folder with the updated files in the zip, into the wug install directory..... GL

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
No. Actually the one I picked up is already unlocked and rooted.
 
GaleForce218
Old
#238  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2013
I'm having some trouble getting past the initial setup/driver install phase. I was able to do it in the past using the RAW method however I had to return my tablet due to some defects past what I considered acceptable. I managed to get one that meets my expectations perfectly so I'm ready to really start playing with the device some more.

Anyway the first time around I had no issue installing the drivers that come with the toolkit. However this time around I don't know if I am missing a step or something but I just can't get my PC to not automatically install drivers the moment I connect the device. I already have Driver Auto Config disabled, with the setting to never install from Windows Update enabled.

I have no problem uninstalling the device and using USBDeview to remove all drivers however I keep getting to the point during the driver install where I have to plug the device in. Normally when plugging a device in that doesn't install drivers it would appear unconfigured in the device manager and from there I would be able to tell Windows what drivers to use. However when I plug my device in it just automatically goes straight to installing the drivers on its own and asking me how I want to open the device (browse in explorer, etc.).

So at this point I'm stuck because I can't install the drivers necessary to use the Root Toolkit. If I try to "Update Drivers" and select the specified directory it just tells me Windows has already determined the drivers are up to date.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 
jsebol80
Old
#239  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jul 2012
I'm glad I'm not the only one having that issue GaleForce. I've been wrecking my brain all day, and this issue has been driving me nuts. I'm in the same boat you are.
 
TechSoft
Old
#240  
Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 55
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Redmond Washington
Angry Thanks clicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
If anyone starts bootlooping for longer than 5 minutes after an unlock than you need to factory reset.

1. Hold down the power button to shut the device off
2. Restart the device holding all three buttons (vol up and down + power button)
3. In bootloader mode, switch the big green START to the red RECOVERY using the volume buttons
4. Enter stock recovery by pressing the power button
5. You will see an android on its back
6. Press Vol up + power button at the same time to enter the stock recovery menu
7. Select "Factory Reset" with the volume buttons and press the power button to initiate it.
8. After the factory reset your device should boot up normally.

{{ WugFresh }}
Awesome as always

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes