Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Usb "mounting" as a track??

Tip us?

Dsnou
Old
(Last edited by Dsnou; 15th February 2013 at 01:00 PM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage [Q] Usb "mounting" as a track??

Hello!

Humm, so i thought id ask something about what you can and can't do with usb on nexus 7. To start off with, i've built a simple rig on my car for this tablet, to work as multimedia interface. And it works awesome. The one thing that bugs me, is that the sound quality from the 3,5mm headphone jack going into my car stereo auxiliary input, isn't as good as the USB input on my car stereo.
This leads to the actual question, would it be even close to possible, to have a "virtual" .mp3 file or something like this, "mounted" as the usb? Like, when you plug the usb cord between car audio usb <--> nexus 7, the car audio would think the device has only one track, but that would be like a live stream of the tablets sound interface? I have absolutely no experience in anykind of coding and thus im here to ask you. I might be way out of boundaries on what can be done, you tell me!

Dsnou
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump!

Am i alone with this matter? Please move this thread if you think it would get better attention somewhere else!

Kodiack99
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default Re: [Q] Usb "mounting" as a track??

Go here and read the progress on adding external usb dac to the nexus.
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/37755-tim.../page__st__990

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodiack99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dsnou
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiack99 View Post
Go here and read the progress on adding external usb dac to the nexus.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda app-developers app
Thanks! Didnt catch my eye when searching earlier, this is exactly what i was looking for!