[Team Kernelizers][How To][VZW][TK Mod 2.4]KT747 Kernel Tweaks - Updated 8-5-13

Tip us?

Kelton Rivas
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Default Re: [Team Kernelizers][How To] KT747 Kernel Tweaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RErick View Post
So we have some flashable zips courtesy of team kernelizers. These are universal build.prop tweaks and I won't hate you if you don't like it but there here for those that want them
TouchWiz version:
http://db.tt/S23gNv0u

AOSP version:
http://db.tt/lCkvIuV2

What you know 'bout wearing a wolf on ya noggin?
I don't think I quite understand--what will flashing this do? Set tweaks for us?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

jlee08517
Old
Thanks Meter 84

the newest tweak is extremely working well for me. Thanks for all your hard work.

jmaiman
Old
Thanks Meter 8

Probly a stupid question but do we still need to run the script at each boot on beans build 11 or no? I think the answer is probly yes to avoid wake locks but I just wanted to make sure beans didn't fix the issue in build 11 so that we wouldn't need to run the script each time the phone boots

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RErick
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3538

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaiman View Post
Probly a stupid question but do we still need to run the script at each boot on beans build 11 or no? I think the answer is probly yes to avoid wake locks but I just wanted to make sure beans didn't fix the issue in build 11 so that we wouldn't need to run the script each time the phone boots

Its fixed

What you know 'bout wearing a wolf on ya noggin?

jmaiman
Old
Thanks Meter 8

So the only thing we still need to do is rename smd to smd.bak and that's it?

mw86
Old
Thanks Meter 3075

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntrat View Post
i get a slight pause in music when the screen shuts off while playing pandora
not a huge deal, but just wondering if there was a work around?
This could be due to core teo off on screen off. Set a higher max on screen off but leave core two off like that, might be all you need and maybe be abke to keep volts where you like.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by castle_bravo View Post
Ok, so a couple things.

I've got my Pegasus tuned and I'm charging the phone up now and getting ready for tomorrow's run. In using row scheduler with the pictures tweaks and all cpu rq tweaks were left stock which is why I didn't picture them to save from posting a ton of pics. I used that program from trepn and it looks like core two turns off automatically as soon as screen goes off and that's with no assistance app.

Burntrat I'm having a similar issue with streaming music just doing but I thought it might of been because of the area I drive through and it just randomly does it, I'm not under volted a lot so I know that's not the issue plus it's happening a different kernel, I upped my min mhz while on Bluetooth but that hasn't seemed to have done it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Nice research as usual. Ill try these row over stock. Is this for bettery and performance?

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pberge View Post
I wanted to share this with you guys...

I have been using Android Tuner to record activities using different governors to compare the CPU frequencies and load. You can set it to record for an hour at 1 minute intervals and it doesn't consume many resources. I'm determined to find a governor that works well under a fairly large load, so I am using Candy Crush Saga as a benchmark and the results are pretty interesting.

I started recording with my governor set to OnDemand, played the game for a few minutes. Switched to Interactive, then finally conservative. Each time I switched governors I played the game for around 5 minutes, then gave a small break in between to make things easier to see in the graphs.

The first screenshot shows the CPU load and the 2nd shows frequency. You can see that the higher the frequency, the lower the load. OnDemand seems to just peg the CPU at max speed, but keep the 2nd core fairly low. Interactive tends to hang around the "hispeed freq" which I have set to 1134mhz. This can be set lower and I may experiment with this later. Conservative jumps around a bit, but stays low compared to ondemand.

Battery drain seemed fairly steady throughout the testing, but because of the 1 minute sampling time, I think a longer test would be needed to get better data.

The big question that I am trying to answer is which has a bigger impact on battery, high CPU load or high frequency. Sitting at max speed may not be as big of a deal as we think if the loads remain low.
I couldn't agree more. But everything is good in moderation. I think this is true but to a certain extent. I am seeing less battery drain having up thresholds around 60. Seems to keep load down and creat less heat even at higher mhz. But this is not true past a certain point. Set min max 2.1ghz and even idle tasks could lose many percent an hour even with an undervolt. So we need to fond efficient ranges and boost to them early before load gets excessive. But dropping when unneeded efficiently so just the same down threshold must tail right behind and be im close to same range.

Team Kernelizers | D710 | L710 KT747 | GT-I9500 Octa Perseus
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mw86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ruvort
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by RErick View Post
Okay so GalaxyS3Man30 had a great idea. For those of you that have some artistic talent (and I am not one of them), we decided that there is going to be a little contest. Who ever can make the tightest Team Kernelizers logo will have this logo created into a splash screen for our devices. Images must be 1280x720, portrait orientation and in .png format. Have fun!
I decided to play around with it a bit... I'm not sure if its the direction you guys would like to go but just an idea or two. Let me know if this isn't the place to post it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	popcorn idea.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1742611   Click image for larger version

Name:	popcorn idea number 2.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1742612  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ruvort For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mw86
Old
Thanks Meter 3075

Both you guys posted amazing pictures and are very creative. Outstanding job. Keep it up and feel free to be even more out this world on your designs. I love two user posts thus far.

Team Kernelizers | D710 | L710 KT747 | GT-I9500 Octa Perseus
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mw86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ruvort
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvort View Post
I decided to play around with it a bit... I'm not sure if its the direction you guys would like to go but just an idea or two. Let me know if this isn't the place to post it.
Here is another thought....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	digital idea.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1742667  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruvort For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luis86dr
Old
Thanks Meter 1590

Quote:

Quote:
Here is another thought....
Those look awesome. Great job! :thumbup:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luis86dr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]