Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 49,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Now that we have S-OFF...

Tip us?
 
psychologyok
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Now that we have S-OFF...

What are some things we can now do with this phone we couldn't do before? I went ahead and downloaded Rom Manager. What else can we do?
 
Dri94
Old
#2  
Dri94's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 559
Posts: 1,726
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Florida

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Now that we have S-OFF...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38132639


You should really read around tbh. Hope that helps though


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
psychologyok
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dri94 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38132639


You should really read around tbh. Hope that helps though


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I did already read that. Was just curious what else there is to do at this point. Looking forward to some newer Roms. Hopefully this speeds up that process. Thanks for the reply.
 
Tidefan13
Old
#4  
Tidefan13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 196
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Re: Now that we have S-OFF...

I'm new to HTC but not new to unlocked bootloaders, but what would need to be done to remove the tampered tag? Was it suppose to go off after getting s-off, cause mine didnt or do something else have to be done. New to HTC so don't have no idea

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
 
Bigandrewgold
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 531
Posts: 2,373
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Re: Now that we have S-OFF...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidefan13 View Post
I'm new to HTC but not new to unlocked bootloaders, but what would need to be done to remove the tampered tag? Was it suppose to go off after getting s-off, cause mine didnt or do something else have to be done. New to HTC so don't have no idea

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
We can remove it now that we have s off, but no one has yet

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigandrewgold For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nitsuj17
Old
#6  
nitsuj17's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 17072
Posts: 10,101
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychologyok View Post
I did already read that. Was just curious what else there is to do at this point. Looking forward to some newer Roms. Hopefully this speeds up that process. Thanks for the reply.
Soff really has no impact on more/newer roms or developers coming to a phone

It makes things significantly easier to flash, allows you to flash older radios and ruu, no need to relock to update or worry about an update relocking your phone
 
-4ndr01d-
Old
#7  
-4ndr01d-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 250
Join Date: Mar 2012
anyone know the file name that we can use to flash us some splash screens now? i need to be up on that
 
zone23
Old
#8  
zone23's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1959
Posts: 5,086
Join Date: Feb 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Looking forward to changing that splash screen. We can include kernels with the correct modules that will get flashed with the ROM now. I don't think that was working before.
 
FeaR_x_KhAoS
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 137
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Looking forward to changing that splash screen. We can include kernels with the correct modules that will get flashed with the ROM now. I don't think that was working before.
with s-on flashing wasnt working before but since we got s-off, it should make kernal flashing alot easier. and to change the splash screen dont you need the eng hboot ?
 
Stryker1297
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 251
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Holly Spring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidefan13 View Post
I'm new to HTC but not new to unlocked bootloaders, but what would need to be done to remove the tampered tag? Was it suppose to go off after getting s-off, cause mine didnt or do something else have to be done. New to HTC so don't have no idea

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
we have the abillity to do that now. we just have to wait until a tut is released

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Calc+ is a Smart and Beautiful Android Calculator

As we’ve said inthe past, there are quite a few calculators available on Android. … more

Get Better Debug Data with Crash Report SDK

Developing an application is a hard and often times ungratifying task. It also requires quite a … more

Navigate to Your Favorite Places with LocationDetector

If you’re enjoying an active way of life, you probablytravel a lot, go fishing, … more

LifeStats Automatic Journal Keeps Tabs of Your Day

Most of us live very active lives. This is after all why we’re fans of mobile … more