Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,184 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Remapping Menu and home button?

Tip us?

lakedubvt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Remapping Menu and home button?

I am trying to remap the menu button to pull up the recent app and long press from menu. Then have long press of the home button pull up Google now. I am able to easily do this with CM, but I want to have this feature and run AOKP.

Did some searching on this. I know you can got to the file in system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl and edit the remapping of the keys. The closest I could get was changing key 139 to "App_switch" but this brings up the old gingerbread app switcher and not the multi task menu.

If someone could lead me in the right direction that would be great.

greatdaneduke
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Default Re: Remapping Menu and home button?

Good question. I sign looking for a way to program my back button to long press=kill.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

andybones
Old
Thanks Meter 8857

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedubvt View Post
I am trying to remap the menu button to pull up the recent app and long press from menu. Then have long press of the home button pull up Google now. I am able to easily do this with CM, but I want to have this feature and run AOKP.

Did some searching on this. I know you can got to the file in system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl and edit the remapping of the keys. The closest I could get was changing key 139 to "App_switch" but this brings up the old gingerbread app switcher and not the multi task menu.

If someone could lead me in the right direction that would be great.
long press stuff would be smali code.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.

lakedubvt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Re: Remapping Menu and home button?

Are there any flashable mods out there?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
mentose457 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedubvt View Post
Are there any flashable mods out there?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Would you consider changing ROMs? RootzBOX has the options you are seeking. It also has all of the AOKP features as that is its base.