Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,677 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.1][JPO40D] Google AOSP Optimus G LGE-973/1 [capacitve keys & nfc]

Tip us?

houstonn
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 9688

DONATE TO ME
yes would need to be on the other kdz or tot..

SplitSnake
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonn View Post
fully wipe factory reset?

or try the earlier one

http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/lgog
I did do a full wipe, even formatted system. I came from the LG Stock 4.1.2.
Smartphone History
HTC Dream -> HTC Magic -> HTC Dream(again) -> Xperia x10a -> Nexus One -> Motorola Cliq -> Nexus One -> Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant -> Motorola Milestone -> Xperia x10a -> BB Bold 9700 -> Samsung Galaxy S -> Dell Streak -> Samsung Captivate -> iPhone 3gs -> Nexus One -> Acer Liquid E -> Motorola Atrix -> Samsung Galaxy S2 -> HTC Sensation 4g -> HTC Desire Z -> Xperia Play - > LG Optimus 3D -> Motorola Atrix -> BlackBerry Bold 9900

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 719
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][JPO40D] Google AOSP Optimus G LGE-973/1 [capacitve keys & nfc]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitSnake View Post
I did do a full wipe, even formatted system. I came from the LG Stock 4.1.2.
I think you need to downgrade like myself. Same thing happens to me any time I they to flash any aosp ROM...

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

SplitSnake
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
I think you need to downgrade like myself. Same thing happens to me any time I they to flash any aosp ROM...

Ahh darn, so would the custom stock ROMs that houstonn uploaded work? Or would I really have to kdz?
Smartphone History
HTC Dream -> HTC Magic -> HTC Dream(again) -> Xperia x10a -> Nexus One -> Motorola Cliq -> Nexus One -> Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant -> Motorola Milestone -> Xperia x10a -> BB Bold 9700 -> Samsung Galaxy S -> Dell Streak -> Samsung Captivate -> iPhone 3gs -> Nexus One -> Acer Liquid E -> Motorola Atrix -> Samsung Galaxy S2 -> HTC Sensation 4g -> HTC Desire Z -> Xperia Play - > LG Optimus 3D -> Motorola Atrix -> BlackBerry Bold 9900

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 719
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][JPO40D] Google AOSP Optimus G LGE-973/1 [capacitve keys & nfc]

Quote:
Ahh darn, so would the custom stock ROMs that houstonn uploaded work? Or would I really have to kdz?
Don't ask me why, but they work fine for me. At least his first release of stock 4.1.2 works for me.

Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

SplitSnake
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Don't ask me why, but they work fine for me. At least his first release of stock 4.1.2 works for me.

Thanks, funny enough, I'm having a great deal of trouble trying to get to either houstonn's or chad's CM 10.1. I went to stock and flashed from there. Atrix, any tips?
Smartphone History

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 719

Quote:
Thanks, funny enough, I'm having a great deal of trouble trying to get to either houstonn's or chad's CM 10.1. I went to stock and flashed from there. Atrix, any tips?
Its the same for me. Only Houston's 4.1.2 stock leak based off the Korean model work for me. AOKP, CM10 or any aosp ROM won't boot on any canadian optimus if you are on lg's latest firmware update release. You apparently have to kdz downgrade, even if you unlocked the boot loader and rooted, and have flashed houstonns leak. Its weird I know. But something about LG'S update I think messed with something in the boot IMG. I dunno, I don't know enough, lol.

chadouming
Old
Thanks Meter 1675
Quote:
Its the same for me. Only Houston's 4.1.2 stock leak based off the Korean model work for me. AOKP, CM10 or any aosp ROM won't boot on any canadian optimus if you are on lg's latest firmware update release. You apparently have to kdz downgrade, even if you unlocked the boot loader and rooted, and have flashed houstonns leak. Its weird I know. But something about LG'S update I think messed with something in the boot IMG. I dunno, I don't know enough, lol.

It's not the boot.img, boot img is flashed with every rom. Latest OTA bring a new RPM and TZ partitions which break compatibility.
New? Read this post
Member of BBQTeam.
Offering you : BBQTools, OpenDesign and soon BBQDroid

<codeworkx> didn't look at it because i'm lazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to chadouming For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

L1qu1d
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I managed to upgrade from a custom version of E with no problems. Not sure that the reason is because it was custom, but everything seems to run fine with CM 10.1
Read the Patent Number Bitch!

billybest
Old
Thanks Meter 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1qu1d View Post
I managed to upgrade from a custom version of E with no problems. Not sure that the reason is because it was custom, but everything seems to run fine with CM 10.1
I think the problems come from OTAing to E.