Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 38,640 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][P75xx][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Discussions

Tip us?

kb.bear
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My bad on me saying Feb 11 was the last build of 4.2.1 it was the last nightly with no mention of 4.2.2 in the change log

MichaelMcC
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Default Re: [ROM][P75xx][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-o-M View Post
To all of you with the choopy Youtube issue:
Which settings do you have regarding USB? PC connection set to what? And what is set in developer options? Is USB debugging enabled?

(Sorry for using red color, but it seems like nobody reads my posts.)
MTP is on.
USD debugging is off.

SCH-i905, Galaxy Nexus and RAZR.

DefQoN_BE
Old
Thanks Meter 135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by volja1971 View Post
Sorry mate, but you ether still running 4.2.1 or just confused or trying confuse everybody! I it is no way 4.2. 2 build can run smuthly as it is right now. I am sure Pershoot and guys from CM team working on all issues, and but right now the newest nightly is luggy!
I'm sure that i'm using android 4.2.2 since i'm using CM 10 since it came out, it does run smooth on my tab and it does not run on 1.4 GHz all the time for me, or i have a superman tablet.. Or i'm just awesome... ( came back from work and played a game+searching the internet on this screenshot)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-19-15-53-39.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1743330Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-19-15-55-01.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1743331

MichaelMcC
Old
Thanks Meter 35

Quote:
Which settings do you have regarding USB? PC connection set to what? And what is set in developer options? Is USB debugging enabled?

MTP is on.
USB debugging is off.

HD videos are smooth.

SCH-i905, Galaxy Nexus and RAZR.

DefQoN_BE
Old
Thanks Meter 135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

MTP, USB debugging off, animation scales, ALL OFF!
I do not have a choppy yt issue dang...

pershoot
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,856

A few things for me to sort,
1. Fix android notification of power plug. Tab will still charge without issue.
2. System sounds muted on boot unless vol. Down is hit once.
3. Tweak interactive a bit (a jumps a bit more then I would like (been occurring for a while)).
4. Tweak animations a bit to make tab appear less laggy (the illusion of..)
5. Occasional Flicker (which has been a common occurrence for a while).

MTP is enabled by default now (the forced adb config was causing issue (it was only left there for early debug and should have been taken out a while ago)).

To use adb, download new SDK/platform-tools so you can whitelist the connection (on tab).

For mtp on windoze, if you are having issue with mismatch hw Id, uninstall Samsung drivers from device manager and grab new drivers I've uploaded to: droidbasement.com/galaxy/drivers

You normally do not have to wipe when going up from .1 to .2. However to go back you will need to since db gets upgraded. You should take a nandroid before going up so you can return if you need/want to.

Remember nightlies are just that, nightlies. They are just a validaton of last 24 hours of work. If you want to play with bleeding edge, this is it. If not, stick with stock for the interim.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nakedninja42
Old
(Last edited by nakedninja42; 19th February 2013 at 04:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 699

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot View Post
To use adb, download new SDK/platform-tools so you can whitelist the connection (on tab).
To elaborate more on this, here is a post from the CyanogenMod team.

Source: https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/posts/M2pVM7Y6MTq

PSA - ADB Whitelist

As of the Android 4.2.2 update, when you connect your phone to a computer, you are presented with your computer's RSA key fingerprint to open the adb connection. You also have the ability to permanently trust the computer, so you don't have to repeat this step upon every re-connect.

In order for this to work, you must be on the latest SDK which will grant you an updated 'adb' binary.

We will not be introducing any functionality to sidestep this default security, so if you don't update, you will lose the ability to access the device using adb.

#itsafeaturenotabug
Phone: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 with ART

Tablet: Nexus 7 stock 4.4

Wife: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 / Kindle Fire otter CM 10.1.3 4.2.2

Old: HTC Pure; Samsung SGH-I897; Samsung GT-P7510; Samsung SGH-I777

SteveO1683
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am on stock ICS and have been meaning to go AOSP. Is the latest nightly pretty solid?

nakedninja42
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 699

DONATE TO ME
For those wondering, the last nightly using 4.2.1 is Feb 13th. The 15th was the first 4.2.2 build and Jenkins failed for lots of devices on 14th

Code:
ro.build.id=JOP40G
ro.build.display.id=cm_p4wifi-userdebug 4.2.1 JOP40G eng..20130213.032836 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=eng..20130213.032836
ro.build.version.sdk=17
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.2.1
It is still listed on get.cm

I wouldn't normally state what to use going backwards, but for those not wanting to be on the bleeding edge can still grab this file.
Phone: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 with ART

Tablet: Nexus 7 stock 4.4

Wife: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 / Kindle Fire otter CM 10.1.3 4.2.2

Old: HTC Pure; Samsung SGH-I897; Samsung GT-P7510; Samsung SGH-I777
The Following User Says Thank You to nakedninja42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sw6lee
Old
Thanks Meter 26

For everyone having YouTube HD problem:

The lag and stutter have been there since Samsung's crappy ICS update, and for some reason, every single custom roms also have this problem (at least for me). ONLY honeycomb based Roms have smooth YouTube. So it's not Rom related. And you may not have experienced this issue with previous versions of this nightly, but it was probably that you watched different videos, which don't lag that much, as every video is different on this tablet. Some lag horribly, some ok, some smooth. Videos like music concerts where the camera pans around a lot lag really bad. But for videos where the camera is still and objects are moving are less leggy. And very weird thing is that action movie trailers, which move super fast are smooth as butter. So we don't really know the problem.

I don't think you guys should blame this Rom for the YouTube HD problem. I have had it in every single Rom (ICS, AND JB) EXCEPT for honeycomb roms.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

Tags
4.2.1, cm10.1, jellybean, p4 p4wifi p4tmo p4vzw