FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Android TV Software

241 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By iLiberate, Senior Member on 18th February 2013, 03:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I know nothing about Android TV software, but I'm interested in buying an Ouya (already pre-ordered) for the sole purpose of installing Android and using it as an Android TV with gaming capabilities. This may seem like quite a stretch, I'm not sure.

Does Google share the source code for Android TV? Is anyone else interested in this or something similar?

18th February 2013, 09:45 PM |#2  
Flag Petropolis
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Well, someone can try to port the Android TV Apps to Ouya, but we need the sources...
19th February 2013, 09:47 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hey ... i think about the same Project.

First of all we should wait if the first Ouya Devices shipped because i think at these time they will release the needing Sources.
If not we have "GPL Violation" .... so we should wait.

I will perfom the integrated "XBMC" with now support Live-TV in Combination with "tvheadend" Server but need help to get tvheadend compile and run under "Android-Kernel" (Tegra3). If some developer will help it would be great !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xlanhackerx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 04:00 PM |#4  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Re: Android TV Software
XBMC is already working on supporting OUYA so no worries there. It will probably be ready by the time OUYA consoles ship out.

.........TPT'd From my SGS3
20th February 2013, 09:43 AM |#5  
Flag Duisburg
Thanks Meter: 25

More
AW: Android TV Software
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKort

XBMC is already working on supporting OUYA so no worries there. It will probably be ready by the time OUYA consoles ship out.

.........TPT'd From my SGS3

I know it but for getting xbmc work like live tv you need server with Communication to your dvb device over USB. I actually test some dev porting and compiling of tvheadend server for Android Kernel but got some Problems because Most libs doesnt work .
I test actually with tegra 2 device so if first Version run its easier to port it to newer tegra parts !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
28th March 2013, 09:57 PM |#6  
I use my HDHomeRun on XBMC. It's natively supported with XBMC and it's a network streamer. You set up a list of your channels (takes a bit of work), then select which channel you want from a list. Get a HDHomeRun.
1st April 2013, 04:16 PM |#7  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
I been using a Rasp Pi....
10th May 2013, 01:06 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Sort of related, I installed the YouTube for Google TV apk on my Ouya and it runs great. Works splendidly with a controller, and can still use my phone to control playback.

edit: sorry if this was a terrible grave-dig.
12th May 2013, 05:49 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 265

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcollum

Sort of related, I installed the YouTube for Google TV apk on my Ouya and it runs great. Works splendidly with a controller, and can still use my phone to control playback.

edit: sorry if this was a terrible grave-dig.

Sounds great. Is there a place you might point us to to find this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
12th May 2013, 06:29 AM |#10  
Flag Stumptown
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybook4

Sounds great. Is there a place you might point us to to find this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

I found a "newish" version here (not sure if it's the newest or not)
http://minixforums.com/threads/youtu...152/#post-1677
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisanthropic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread