5,594,805 Members 36,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging Alarm clocks

Tip us?
 
Workshop2
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jan 2009
Just got hold of this clock. It is very very bright (why the light is always on is mental), viewing angles are rubbish, its very loud, and it will only charge the 920 one way round.

Not worth the money, definitely getting retuned
 
Klarato
Old
#12  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshop2 View Post
Just got hold of this clock. It is very very bright (why the light is always on is mental), viewing angles are rubbish, its very loud, and it will only charge the 920 one way round.

Not worth the money, definitely getting retuned
I also have this clock and find it great.

Viewing angle is fine for me if i set it to high. Brightness really doesn't effect me or my partner and we both hate light =/ so dunno about that...It charges both ways around =/ with the headset jack pointing the line put it on the line. With it away from the line move it 3mm away from the line. And being loud...Well that's what you need in an alarm clock :P
http://twitter.com/klarato Twittering now O_o.
 
pencilcase
Old
#13  
pencilcase's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 593
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshop2 View Post
Just got hold of this clock. It is very very bright (why the light is always on is mental), viewing angles are rubbish, its very loud, and it will only charge the 920 one way round.

Not worth the money, definitely getting retuned
As mentioned the brightness was also an Issue for me so I simply got a 2$ tinted car-foil and stuck it on + cut it out around the corners of the display. This is close to invisible and makes the screen perfectly dark, at least for me.
In regards to the loudness of the alarm ... well that is something one person likes, the other doesn't. Solution if you want it a little more silent: stick another piece of the car-foil leftovers over the speaker output

Having the clock with the charging feature is more important to me, the need for the 2$ car-foil was absolutely acceptable!
Yesterday I was shizophrenic, today we're feeling fine.

Nokia Lumia 1020 yellow - GDR3
 
ripaton
Old
#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2009
This one is in fact way too bright for me. Even if it's a nice idea, one shouldn't have to tweak the display with tinted car-foil. I use a book in front of it, so the display is a waste...

Having the alarm setting buttons below is very clumsy when you have to adjust regularly the alarm. Alarm doesn't differentiate week-ends. When pushing any button, it shrieks noisily. Try any night adjustment when your girl is sleeping and there you have your alarm!

By the way, the outside temperature measured by the remote gizmo is always 3-4C above the real one (certified and adjusted thermometer), temperature taken under the same conditions.

Lot of stuff make it good for anything but charging.
 
pencilcase
Old
#15  
pencilcase's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 593
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripaton View Post
This one is in fact way too bright for me. Even if it's a nice idea, one shouldn't have to tweak the display with tinted car-foil. I use a book in front of it, so the display is a waste...
*I still had some lying around

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripaton View Post
Having the alarm setting buttons below is very clumsy when you have to adjust regularly the alarm. Alarm doesn't differentiate week-ends. When pushing any button, it shrieks noisily. Try any night adjustment when your girl is sleeping and there you have your alarm!
*Alarm button underneath - agreed, annoying as hell.
*Noise on pressing buttons - same carfoil over the speaker. tones it down to an acceptable level hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripaton View Post
By the way, the outside temperature measured by the remote gizmo is always 3-4C above the real one (certified and adjusted thermometer), temperature taken under the same conditions.
*Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripaton View Post
Lot of stuff make it good for anything but charging.
*unfortunately I agree ...
Yesterday I was shizophrenic, today we're feeling fine.

Nokia Lumia 1020 yellow - GDR3
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Motorola Droid RAZR HD and M to Receive KitKat in a “Few More Weeks”

Verizon and Motorola shocked us all back in November when … more

[APK] YouTube Update to 5.6 Now Lets You Cast Live Video to Your Chromecast

Earlier today, we talked about how Google brought two new apps to … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active

A little under two months ago, AT&T started rolling out … more