FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP][ICS+] ContactsNotification +Sidebar v2.00 Final

19th February 2013, 03:46 PM |#11  
dapaua's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 244
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmccullough

I don't know if it's just my phone/set up (Evo 4G, Evervolv JB nightly 02/18/2013), but when I tap the icon in the notification drawer, I have to pull the drawer up manually to get to that contact; if this is how it's supposed to work, it'd be helpful if it automatically pulled the shade up so your contact is waiting there for you. Other than that, cool app and very handy!

It should automatically fold the notification drawer. It did in my trials. I don't know why is it not working for you.
 
 
19th February 2013, 04:28 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,066
 
More
Another idea: Than 4-5 would be too much but the alternative for those who really do want more would be ... slide 'em. I think Nokia's widget works that way.
19th February 2013, 05:19 PM |#13  
dapaua's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 244
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidhalevi

Another idea: Than 4-5 would be too much but the alternative for those who really do want more would be ... slide 'em. I think Nokia's widget works that way.

I could add more contacts, I just thought four were enough. In my screen more than four wouldn't fit, though.
I cannot make them slide, because notifcations cannot be laterally scrolled. They can be expanded in JB, but I don't have a JB phone to try it, and the emulator doesn't really work properly.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Last edited by dapaua; 19th February 2013 at 05:50 PM.
19th February 2013, 06:11 PM |#14  
Member
Flag Grand Haven
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Nice app! I have two feature requests:

1. Can you remove the icon in status bar? I like to see the carrier name and on my AT&T Samsung GS3 your app icon replaces that.

2. Could you add a feature to configure a default action for a contact such as "call mobile" or "call home" or "sms", etc? I'd like to just hit the icon and have it start dialing. If you can do this you want want to add some overlay text or an icon to indicate the action (a phone or text icon).
The Following User Says Thank You to Boomer6345 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 06:15 PM |#15  
dapaua's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 244
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer6345

Nice app! I have two feature requests:

1. Can you remove the icon in status bar? I like to see the carrier name and on my AT&T Samsung GS3 your app icon replaces that.

2. Could you add a feature to configure a default action for a contact such as "call mobile" or "call home" or "sms", etc? I'd like to just hit the icon and have it start dialing. If you can do this you want want to add some overlay text or an icon to indicate the action (a phone or text icon).

I can do both things and I think these are very good ideas. I'll implement them if I find some time. I'm a bit busy right now, but for sure I'll add these options.
Thank you very much!
The Following User Says Thank You to dapaua For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 08:38 PM |#16  
TSOGLANI's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapaua

I can do both things and I think these are very good ideas. I'll implement them if I find some time. I'm a bit busy right now, but for sure I'll add these options.
Thank you very much!

Great app with a lot of potential.
Some suggestions (also mentioned by some other users)
1.Give option to show or not the icon in taskbar
2.Allow to choose default actions when icon is pressed for direct calling
3.Give option to show selected contacts OR latest contacts from call log (it will give the program a call notification function also) !
4.Fix the total look especially in the settings and a quick way to access them (maybe put small settings icon-half size,before the 5 contact pictures.
5.Translate it If you want Greek i can do it for you

Thanks and keep up the good work
19th February 2013, 08:41 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 314
 
More
Re: [APP][ICS+] ContactsNotification
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapaua

It should automatically fold the notification drawer. It did in my trials. I don't know why is it not working for you.

Tried both the apk on here and also from the Play Store, both had the same problem. Could just be the ROM I'm using, still a cool app, I'll keep up with the versions to come!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 09:43 PM |#18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Please 2.3.6 gaaxy ace s5830c
Please 2.3.6 gaaxy ace s5830c version.
The version on play store its not compatible with galaxy ace 2.3.6
20th February 2013, 09:34 AM |#19  
VidarG's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
On my Galaxy Note 1, with ICS, I'm sorry to say it won't open the contact. It hangs and hangs and eventually I have to fc contacts.
20th February 2013, 09:38 AM |#20  
dapaua's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 244
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VidarG

On my Galaxy Note 1, with ICS, I'm sorry to say it won't open the contact. It hangs and hangs and eventually I have to fc contacts.

It happens with Galaxy note 1, I tried with one and the same thing happened. It is because some sort of bug in samsung Contacts app, that's why it is contacts that FC and not my app. I don't know how to fix or go around that bug. I am sorry.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes