5,597,397 Members 30,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]<< Artemis HD2 v73.0 >>[WWE|GER|FRA|ITA|ELL|SPA|PTG|RUS|NLD|NOR|SVE|DAN] WEH6.5

Tip us?

kuzibri
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1483
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosone View Post
HI Kuzibri

You're right. I've also downloaded it two times (WWE + ITA), but did not have the time to install it yet
So I'm sorry for not having yet expressed my gratitude. Hope to get this done soon...
Hi my dear friend,

you do not have to feel sorry, I just wondered why there were so little questions about V71, despite 3500 DL's. That's all.

very best regards, Kuzibri

Life is finite but learning never ends. You can only get better by hope and the support of your family and dear friends
Learning Never Ends Team Member

trump98
Old
(Last edited by trump98; 15th February 2013 at 01:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sternas View Post
[27-01-2013] Ver 71.0 (Codename: Odyssey)

- Update PIM Backup to ver 3.2.0
3.2 has problems with restoring custom files: no custom file will be restored from backup beginning with a file with russian name. have no info on other locales...
wrote that to dotfred soon after 3.2 release, but got no answer.
btw, some time earlier, when 2.8 or 2.8.5 was the actual version, wrote him something about that version (not finger-friendly ui, i suppose) - the answer was that project is almost stopped...

(don't remember exactly why i'm not satisfied with 3.0 - is it because of the same problem or different one...)

i guess 2.8.5 should be returned to at least russian version...

kuzibri
Old
(Last edited by kuzibri; 18th February 2013 at 07:48 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1483
Quote:
Originally Posted by trump98 View Post
3.2 has problems with restoring custom files: no custom file will be restored from backup beginning with a file with russian name. have no info on other locales...
wrote that to dotfred soon after 3.2 release, but got no answer.
btw, some time earlier, when 2.8 or 2.8.5 was the actual version, wrote him something about that version (not finger-friendly ui, i suppose) - the answer was that project is almost stopped...

(don't remember exactly why i'm not satisfied with 3.0 - is it because of the same problem or different one...)

i guess 2.8.5 should be returned to at least russian version...
Hi,

IMHO you can just use WMC or ActiveSync to synchronize your PIM data whenever your connect your device to your PC/Laptop, cause all of these data will then be send to your device. No real need thus for PIM backup IMO.

Life is finite but learning never ends. You can only get better by hope and the support of your family and dear friends

serc
Old
Thanks Meter 16
i am trying ver.71 since first day,

now with in combination nativeSD and two android roms, all together working very very fine,

and the only thing what i can say is

thanks very much sir sternas, thanks XDA developers for so much teknik nowhow at one place !!
Learning never ends

trump98
Old
(Last edited by trump98; 17th February 2013 at 06:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
kuzibri,

1. looks like you always have your own big brother nearby?

2. why don't you say "let's completely remove ppcpimbackup from firmware as it's unnecessary"?
as for me - i don't want to be so categorical
but now, while 3.2 contains such a critical bug, having it in firmware (at least in russian version) is just a waste of space, and i have to have 2.8.5 on my sd card...

btw, can you test 3.2 custom files/dirs restore with symbols of your locale in names?

kuzibri
Old
(Last edited by kuzibri; 18th February 2013 at 07:58 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1483
Quote:
Originally Posted by trump98 View Post
kuzibri,

1. looks like you always have your own big brother nearby?

2. why don't you say "let's completely remove ppcpimbackup from firmware as it's unnecessary"?
as for me - i don't want to be so categorical
but now, while 3.2 contains such a critical bug, having it in firmware (at least in russian version) is just a waste of space, and i have to have 2.8.5 on my sd card...

btw, can you test 3.2 custom files/dirs restore with symbols of your locale in names?
Hi trump98,

what do you exactly mean with point 1??
Regarding point 2: I never use PimBackup for two reasons: 1.yes, I think it's unnesessary and 2. I always backup my entire device, including SD card, with Sprite Backup Manager, so no need for me personally for software like PimBaclup,
BTW, this is - as always - my personal opinion with which you do not have to agree.
Futhermore, my post was only meant as an alternative solution for your PimBackup problem.

I just especially tested it for you and it worked, besides that it removed one contact quicklink from my homepage, without any problems. It even sorted my favorite contacts page on alphabetical order, which is usually not the case after flashing a new ROM or a HR.

The only item for which PimBackup is usefull, is to backup and restore your SMS messages, but for that I use another app (see attachment), for all other items, it's indeed not a necessary tool IMO.

best regards, Kuzibri
Attached Files
File Type: cab JeyoSMSBackup_PPC.cab - [Click for QR Code] (342.3 KB, 13 views)

kuzibri
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1483
Quote:
Originally Posted by serc View Post
i am trying ver.71 since first day,

now with in combination nativeSD and two android roms, all together working very very fine,

and the only thing what i can say is

thanks very much sir sternas, thanks XDA developers for so much teknik nowhow at one place !!
Hi my dear friend,

great to read this, I have the same experience. Everything works fine and Sir Sternas is a genius!!!

kuzibri
Old
(Last edited by kuzibri; 19th February 2013 at 08:29 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1483
Default HTC back in the highend market with the HTC One

Hi my dear Artemis family,

HTC has finally his new highend flagship, the new HTC HD2 called the HTC One with Android JB, but nevertheless an awesone device.
See this one: http://pocketnow.com/2013/02/19/htc-one-video

Have fun,

huismeester
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzibri View Post
Hi my dear Artemis family,

HTC has finally his new highend flagship, the new HTC HD2 called the HTC One with Android JB, but nevertheless an awesone device.
See this one: http://pocketnow.com/2013/02/19/htc-one-video

Have fun,

Hi my friend how are you.
it is unfortunate that he is running on android instead of WP8
I hate the android it is complex and ugly to.

regards huismeester

Nokia Lumia 920

kuzibri
Old
(Last edited by kuzibri; 20th February 2013 at 05:24 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1483
Quote:
Originally Posted by huismeester View Post
Hi my friend how are you.
it is unfortunate that he is running on android instead of WP8
I hate the android it is complex and ugly to.

regards huismeester
Hi my friend, I'm fairly well. Looking at the circumstances, I may not complain!!
I agree that's unfortunate than the HTC One runs on Android. Maybe in the near future there will also be a HTC One with WP8. Personally I do not find Android complex or ujgly, certainly not Jelly Bean and also think that at this very moment Android is the most customizable and fllexible OS, compared to Apple and WinPhone, but WinMo 6.5.5 with Artemis V71 is still "the king" of the OS's IMPO.
My biggest problem with Android is it's vulnerability for malware and virusses.

Tags
vouj
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe