Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 39,050 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless Hotspot hack procedure *Working*

Tip us?

biKF
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default My problem wasn't Entitlement Check

I was using the stock mobile hotspot and although I could connect to the hotspot from other devices and my XT925 could itself access the Internet, connected devices couldn't access the Internet.

After installing the SQLite app I found that the Entitlement Check was already set to '0'. After some research, I found that I had to add 'dun' to my APN type in my APN settings. It's odd as my APN settings were exactly the same as I was using on my LG Nitro HD with the same provider.
Device: Motorola RAZR HD LTE XT925
Carrier: Koodo
Recent devices: LG Nitro HD P930

mepstein10
Old
(Last edited by mepstein10; 17th February 2013 at 06:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by biKF View Post
I was using the stock mobile hotspot and although I could connect to the hotspot from other devices and my XT925 could itself access the Internet, connected devices couldn't access the Internet.

After installing the SQLite app I found that the Entitlement Check was already set to '0'. After some research, I found that I had to add 'dun' to my APN type in my APN settings. It's odd as my APN settings were exactly the same as I was using on my LG Nitro HD with the same provider.
This is the X926, the Verizon version, so I am unsure if that will work that way for me. Also I cannot edit the APN. I can add a new one, but I cannot edit the ones I have. Any suggestions? Anyone on verizon got this to work willing to help?

adaboy078
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock Tether

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepstein10 View Post
This is the X926, the Verizon version, so I am unsure if that will work that way for me. Also I cannot edit the APN. I can add a new one, but I cannot edit the ones I have. Any suggestions? Anyone on verizon got this to work willing to help?

I am coming from the Samsung fascinate, which i rooted and played with custom roms with for the entire life of the phone. I was able to get the Rzr Maxx HD two days ago without loosing my unlimited data. After reading through this and other forums I have two questions still.

1) Is it possible to do a wire tether or mobile hotspot with the RM HD without rooting?
2) How much different is rooting a motorola phone versus a Samsung?
** For clarification, I never had any reservations about going deeper into development tweaks and custom roms with my samsung because I was confident I could always return it to factory stock

Thanks in advance all

LifeAsADroid
Old
Thanks Meter 133

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaboy078 View Post
I am coming from the Samsung fascinate, which i rooted and played with custom roms with for the entire life of the phone. I was able to get the Rzr Maxx HD two days ago without loosing my unlimited data. After reading through this and other forums I have two questions still.

1) Is it possible to do a wire tether or mobile hotspot with the RM HD without rooting?
2) How much different is rooting a motorola phone versus a Samsung?
** For clarification, I never had any reservations about going deeper into development tweaks and custom roms with my samsung because I was confident I could always return it to factory stock

Thanks in advance all
1) No, unless you want to pay for the "Wireless Hotspot" app from Verizon. Tether I think is possible, but just root the d@mn phone.

2) Look up the rooting threads for the RMaxxHD and just do it. Very simple, you're going to feel like an idiot that you asked about it.

juicejoeup
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Re: Wireless Hotspot hack procedure *Working*

Has anyone figured out a solution? Sqlite hack has always worked fine for me but I can't get internet access on my devices when using my xt926. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

34Ford
Old
Thanks Meter 5
So if I were to go today and buy a maxx hd and it has ics on it, is there a way to prevent it from updating to jb hoping they get foxfi working? I would like to tether my transformer tf101.
Dennis

Ban-Hammer
Old
Thanks Meter 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34Ford View Post
So if I were to go today and buy a maxx hd and it has ics on it, is there a way to prevent it from updating to jb hoping they get foxfi working? I would like to tether my transformer tf101.
They ship with JB now. You can flash back to ICS and root and all that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

34Ford
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Ok thats good. Now this whole thread is about tethering thru wifi. So why cant you tether thru bluetooth, or can you?

If not, then I may go with a Galaxy S3 cause I have a friend that is now tethering his tf101 thru the BT and its on JB 4.1.1 without Verizon knowing.
Dennis

dvgb173
Old
Thanks Meter 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34Ford View Post
Ok thats good. Now this whole thread is about tethering thru wifi. So why cant you tether thru bluetooth, or can you?

If not, then I may go with a Galaxy S3 cause I have a friend that is now tethering his tf101 thru the BT and its on JB 4.1.1 without Verizon knowing.
I currently BT tether my N7 thru my Verizon Maxx HD. I can't use WiFi at work. However I am not able to download anything, get attachments, or update apps that way.

Doug B.
Doug B.

Deckard_9732
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hey guys...If you go to the Google development website android-wifi-tether (Wireless Tether for Root Users) http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ and download the apk - wifi_tether_v3_2-beta2.apk. Just go to 'Settings' > 'Change Device-Profile' > select "Generic ICS/JB (wlan0). Enter your SSID and Passphrase and it works great without having to purchase an app. Note: I have tried wifi_tether_v3_3-pre1 & 2.apk and can confirm that they do not work with VZW Razr HD XT926. Enjoy the Free Stuff!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------
Motorola Droid RAZR HD (XT926)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deckard_9732 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]