Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Super Easy Root Method for Tab 10.1 (Noob Friendly Guide)

Tip us?

silent assassin
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks ! helped alot !

Install of CM 10.1 went also smoothly

gregpxc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Awesome! Bookmarked for later. Thanks guys!

KeuNa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you

anonsjunior
Old
Thanks Meter 0
wow, helpfull post!!

tamover
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Exclamation Point!!!

After I follow all the instructions, I get an Android with a exclamation point inside. Am I supposed to wait for something to happen? Nothing on the screen indicates that any installation is taking place. Then when I reboot, I have no superuser.

Kazuma Razer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
guys what is the different between supersu & superuser ?
because what i see from the first page is superuser & my another android devices uses supersu
if there is a different please tell me ! because im already get used with supersu

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,549

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma Razer View Post
guys what is the different between supersu & superuser ?
because what i see from the first page is superuser & my another android devices uses supersu
if there is a different please tell me ! because im already get used with supersu
They're different programs that do mostly the same thing. If you have SuperSU installed, there's no reason to install Superuser.
SuperSU has some additional features (like the ability to hide the su binary, and some recovery features).
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

cracktech
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Default Dont use Superuser if already on SuperSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
They're different programs that do mostly the same thing. If you have SuperSU installed, there's no reason to install Superuser.
SuperSU has some additional features (like the ability to hide the su binary, and some recovery features).
I was user of Superuser with Elite combination over the ast 3 years on my Chinese pad and I can tell you it gets frustrating with Superuser becoz sometimes it doesnt gives su access and have to wait for an already approved apps sometimes even after a few retries only then it will give you back the su approval but only after you have left the application and on your homescreen.
I dont have that problem with SuperSU and now I use it with pro version never once did it reject the su request made by the apps.and changing all that on all the pads that gave me problems with superuser access has now vanish and all working well. If you look at the Superuser binaries of the version 3.3.3 it is a few hundred kb size (if not wrong 300kb) wheras SuperSU with the latest version 1.25 binaries is only less than 100kb again saves you on valuable space and lighter on the ROM.
I changed to SuperSU at the end of 2012 and never had any complains.

bygster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
works!!!!

Andrei B
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am a bit confused. When I am in recovery mode, do I have to select "install update from SD card" or "instal zip from SD card"?
Thank you very much and sorry for the dumb question.

Tags
galaxy tab, install recovery, rogers, root