Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 51,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.4x/4.5

Tip us?

4z01235
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.00 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifraf1 View Post
I am running the latest PA Feb14 version and no problems with data or network, updated to latest radio and bootloader and all seems good for me.
I'm on the version from the 11th. I tried the latest 14th but had broken Bluetooth and the fixes posted earlier didn't work for me. I use Bluetooth (for tablet talk) more than I use data so I'm sticking with the version I'm on right now for the time being I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

paulnorinn
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default Bluetooth Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4z01235 View Post
I'm on the version from the 11th. I tried the latest 14th but had broken Bluetooth and the fixes posted earlier didn't work for me. I use Bluetooth (for tablet talk) more than I use data so I'm sticking with the version I'm on right now for the time being I guess.

For the ones having bluetooth problem on 4.2.2 nightly, the fix from aaronpoweruser does not work because the path to overwrite lib file is not correct.

You can try this one instead and let me know if it works. http://www.mediafire.com/?8j7lqbdew6pfp3w

rbmedic125
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRastusBear View Post
Slider apps (I'm assuming) that first poster is referring to are the ability to add a slide action to the icons on your phone desktop so you can add custom action for the app besides just to open it. They
are usually available with premium versions of launcher apps. So, to the first poster: is your custom launcher still installed and is it set as default? Dumb question perhaps, but have to ask...

Sorry, what I meant was the slider on the lock screen. On it there are several different positions where if you slide to them an app can be opened. On my lock screen the only thing the slider will do is unlock the tablet. I know there is a way to add maybe the camera or contacts to it. The was a way to do it in the previous version of PA but it is missing in 3.0

aaronpoweruser
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7533

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.00 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by arik100 View Post
hello guys
maybe im noob but i've searched this thread and i can't find any mention to the t9 dialer
can some1 help me?

thanks
The rom supports it but I don't believe the n7 supports voice calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy2049 View Post
since upgrading from 2.99 to 3.00 my pie is offset and leaning to the left... any way to fix this, my back button it's like 80% gone

under toolbar there is a center pie option

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmedic125 View Post
Sorry, what I meant was the slider on the lock screen. On it there are several different positions where if you slide to them an app can be opened. On my lock screen the only thing the slider will do is unlock the tablet. I know there is a way to add maybe the camera or contacts to it. The was a way to do it in the previous version of PA but it is missing in 3.0
We decided not to add that back, our new implementation shows up under the lock screen widget, you can add shortcuts under the lock screen settings

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

sorun343
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yup, same here. Since flashing PA, I can no longer use my data connection. There is signal but I can't actually connect to the internet. It worked fine on the stock rom and in Slim Bean.
check your VPN, mine is missing since flashing . I have to key in manually and remember to press the home key to save it when exit.

AnticsTheHanyou
Old
(Last edited by AnticsTheHanyou; 20th February 2013 at 11:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Hello everyone,
I just picked up my shiny new Nexus 7 32GB w/ T-Mobile yesterday and I'm loving it thus far. I've always been a fan of ParanoidAndroid, so I had to give this a shot.

Its amazingly smooth and quick to boot, but I did notice one issue.

Has anyone been able to get Google Wallet to play nicely with this? I know Google has issues with rooted phones, but I'm running into "Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network" whenever attempting to launch Wallet. I flashed back to stock and verified it works without issue, so I suspect the problem may be stemming from a build.prop change that Wallet doesn't like.

Any advice would be great as that's the only thing keeping me from using this as my DD.

EDIT: Figured it out ^___^ To anyone else that has this problem, look in your build.prop. There is a typo that prevents Wallet for acknowledging the Nexus 7 as a tilapia board.

The default build.prop has:
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=Nexus 7
ro.product.brand=google
ro.product.name=nakasi
ro.product.device=tilapia

Look at the ro.product.name variable, note that there is no 'g' at the end of it. Simply changing it to 'nakasig', saving, and rebooting fixed it and the Wallet is working as expected now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnticsTheHanyou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thermbug
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default best n7 rom so far

I had netflix and youtube stutter under stock and cm10.1 with franco or M kernel. 4.2.2 nightly is my butteriest n7 experience thusfar. thanks PA gang!

4z01235
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorun343 View Post
check your VPN, mine is missing since flashing . I have to key in manually and remember to press the home key to save it when exit.
VPN or APN? I never had a VPN set up at all, and I did go back and set up my APN again right after I flashed the ROM.

cgorki
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
VPN or APN? I never had a VPN set up at all, and I did go back and set up my APN again right after I flashed the ROM.
APN

davieisfeelingplayful
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool No usb host support?

Hello,

Does someone using this ROM have problem with USB host/USB stick mounting? I need to know it in order to understand if it is my cable which is not compatible with my N7 or else. I'm about to try it with a different ROM to begin with. Anyone experiencing mounting problems and willing to help is welcome

thank you guys,
you're so doing a great job there

Davie