[ROM][P75xx][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Discussions

Tip us?

pucelo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw6lee View Post
For everyone having YouTube HD problem:

The lag and stutter have been there since Samsung's crappy ICS update, and for some reason, every single custom roms also have this problem (at least for me). ONLY honeycomb based Roms have smooth YouTube. So it's not Rom related. And you may not have experienced this issue with previous versions of this nightly, but it was probably that you watched different videos, which don't lag that much, as every video is different on this tablet. Some lag horribly, some ok, some smooth. Videos like music concerts where the camera pans around a lot lag really bad. But for videos where the camera is still and objects are moving are less leggy. And very weird thing is that action movie trailers, which move super fast are smooth as butter. So we don't really know the problem.

I don't think you guys should blame this Rom for the YouTube HD problem. I have had it in every single Rom (ICS, AND JB) EXCEPT for honeycomb roms.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD
Sorry, but I canīt agree with you. Since 02/15 nightly something is going worse, same videos and same channels in YouTube, at least in my case.

nakedninja42
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

The lag and stutter have been there since Samsung's crappy ICS update, and for some reason, every single custom roms also have this problem (at least for me). ONLY honeycomb based Roms have smooth YouTube. So it's not Rom related. And you may not have experienced this issue with previous versions of this nightly, but it was probably that you watched different videos, which don't lag that much, as every video is different on this tablet. Some lag horribly, some ok, some smooth. Videos like music concerts where the camera pans around a lot lag really bad. But for videos where the camera is still and objects are moving are less leggy. And very weird thing is that action movie trailers, which move super fast are smooth as butter. So we don't really know the problem.

I don't think you guys should blame this Rom for the YouTube HD problem. I have had it in every single Rom (ICS, AND JB) EXCEPT for honeycomb roms.

I've seen this stated a few times before that Honeycomb seems to be the last working OS with YouTube....

My thought here is (since it has been awhile for me on HC), does the YouTube app update to the same version as ICS or JB, or is it older build that only works on HoneyComb and below... If the latter is the case, maybe pull the apk for others to test.

It kinda makes sense because ICS and JB brought new upgrades to the application. If Google has already dropped its support for our device, it could be why some see the choppiness (its all depending on what type of video you are watching)...

Pure speculation with no actual proof....
Phone: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 with ART

Tablet: Nexus 7 stock 4.4

Wife: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 / Kindle Fire otter CM 10.1.3 4.2.2

Old: HTC Pure; Samsung SGH-I897; Samsung GT-P7510; Samsung SGH-I777

Ackoman
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:

Totally disagree with this post. The 13th Feb nightly has got perfect playback of YouTube HD.

the^one123
Old
(Last edited by the^one123; 19th February 2013 at 06:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackoman View Post
Totally disagree with this post. The 13th Feb nightly has got perfect playback of YouTube HD.
Same here definitly. This problem exists first since updating to 4.2.2.

Edit: updated to nightly 18.02.2012 and CPU is now throttling down fine for me.
So now the tab isn't so laggy at all how on nightly 16.

jlokos
Old
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMcC View Post
I have VZW SCH-i905

I did a full wipe, cleared all cache plus formated system folder.

I flashed the latest ROM and the latest gapps.
I DO fc in Quick Setting Panel.
My CPU speeds acts the exact same as with 4.2.1... Min 216 and Max at 1000.
I don't notice it being laggy as some have said.
Youtube is smooth for me, not choppy at all. Including HD.
For some reason I can't get the weather in cLock to show the temp in fahrenheit.

Michael
On weather, toggle the metric button on and off and reboot and it should show Farenheit temp.
The Following User Says Thank You to jlokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MichaelMcC
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlokos View Post
On weather, toggle the metric button on and off and reboot and it should show Farenheit temp.
Thanks

That worked. I did have to tap the weather after rebooting once before it switched from C to F but after that it stayed on F between reboots.

Ackoman
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by the^one123 View Post
Same here definitly. This problem exists first since updating to 4.2.2.

Edit: updated to nightly 18.02.2012 and CPU is now throttling down fine for me.
So now the tab isn't so laggy at all how on nightly 16.
Strange - I've just tried 18.02.2013 and it's still bad for me, CPU never lower than 1000MHz on interactive, and YouTube HD videos and tab in general running worse than ever.

I'm back on 13.02.2013 for now........

trackloading
Old
(Last edited by trackloading; 20th February 2013 at 08:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Hi

I've been on CM10 for a while now because of the 3G battery drain in CM10.1. Does anyone know if this bug has been fixed? Thanks!

alladdin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
First I must thank you pershoot and cyanogen team for your excellent work.

I done a full wipe (I deleted even sd card content) then I installed Stock UK ICS ROM by oddin. Over it I flashed CWM, CM10.1 and gapps from first page and everything works fine. I have no issues described here. HD video plays smoothly. Battery life is awesome.

Mabe I'm lucky person with good piece of hw

Alladdin

oysteivi
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackloading View Post
Hi

I've been on CM10 for a while now because of the 3G battery drain in CM10.1. Does anyone know if this bug has been fixed? Thanks!
It hasn't. At least for me, l2_hsic keeps the tab from entering deep sleep most of the time.
(I just charge it every night and try to ignore the problem).

The Following User Says Thank You to oysteivi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.2.1, cm10.1, jellybean, p4 p4wifi p4tmo p4vzw