5,595,268 Members 46,963 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Photographic Proof that TF-201 and TF-700 docks are identical, except stickers.

Tip us?

dhm282
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default List of Keyboard Shortcuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftyhack View Post
Sweet, thanks for the tip, that is actually pretty easy to remember, already got it down. I was already used to just moving the cursor behind what I wanted to delete and using backspace, but this is much better .
No problem. You may find these helpful:

List of keyboard shortcuts - (Prime, but works on Infinity): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1435242

Draco719
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There are three different versions that everyone is mixing up.

-Prime Dock
-Prime Dock rebadged as an Infinity Dock
-Real Infinity Dock

The pics in the OP are the prime dock compared to a rebadge. So yes, of course they look the same.....they are!

However the REAL 700 dock IS different, that's what ASUS is trying to say, but they still pulled a fast one and tried to scam consumers with the bull sh*t rebadged units.

The real 700 does not have the tipping issues because of new weight distribution. Good luck getting ASUS to fix their mistake though. Look at there listing on BBB.org, its a disaster and they aren't even accredited anyways....go figure.

craftyhack
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco719 View Post

-Prime Dock
-Real Infinity Dock

The pics in the OP are the prime dock compared to a rebadge. So yes, of course they look the same.....they are!

However the REAL 700 dock IS different, that's what ASUS is trying to say, but they still pulled a fast one and tried to scam consumers with the bull sh*t rebadged units.

The real 700 does not have the tipping issues because of new weight distribution. Good luck getting ASUS to fix their mistake though. Look at there listing on BBB.org, its a disaster and they aren't even accredited anyways....go figure.
Where is the "real" 700 dock? I am using a 201 dock which is working fine, but I am curious about the real T700 doc, and pics or YT vids showing it anywhere, more specifically showing the differences? Just want to know if it is worth it to upgrade.

pierrekid
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco719 View Post

-Prime Dock
-Real Infinity Dock

Why are you resurrecting a month and a half old thread.... seriously this has been put to rest a long time ago...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

ostar2
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullmonkey View Post
So moral of the story is to get the Primes dock? I'm thinking about buying a dock. Whats the point in spending $60 extra for the same thing? I can use that towards school! And beverages!!!
The docks are made of different materials, although, it is true that they have the same circuitry.

Toastysoul
Old
Thanks Meter 9
At the risk of getting flamed for bringing up an old thread: I did read through this thread, and the question still remains - Is there a real TF700 dock out now that has a smaller battery and redistributed weight? If there is a real one, it certainly would affect my decision in buying a new vs used one.

I get that at one time, the TF700 docks were rebadged. However, there are no more TF200 docks for sale that I can find, and a better weight distribution claimed for new docks would be nice bonus. I always thought the one in the store with the TF201 dock was top heavy. So are the TF700 docks for sale now, still TF201 docks, or are they the real deal?

Kisakuku
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastysoul View Post
At the risk of getting flamed for bringing up an old thread: I did read through this thread, and the question still remains - Is there a real TF700 dock out now that has a smaller battery and redistributed weight? If there is a real one, it certainly would affect my decision in buying a new vs used one.

I get that at one time, the TF700 docks were rebadged. However, there are no more TF200 docks for sale that I can find, and a better weight distribution claimed for new docks would be nice bonus. I always thought the one in the store with the TF201 dock was top heavy. So are the TF700 docks for sale now, still TF201 docks, or are they the real deal?
Here's my experience with this issue. Check out the last 2-3 pages of that thread for some more insights. Personally, I think the TF201-labeled docks are cosmetically superior and functionally identical to the newer "real" AD01-labeled docks.
HTC One (Sprint)
Baseband 1.00.20.0626 | PRI 3.17_003 | PRL 16016
SecureFlag S-OFF | HBoot 1.44.0000 + RegawMOD | Recovery TWRP 2.6.3.0
Kernel ElementalX v0.6 | ROM d3rpONE rev306 | Theme DarkSide
Case Otterbox Defender | Protector Steinheil UC

HTC Evo 4G LTE
Baseband 1.12.11.1210 | PRI 2.97_003 | PRL 16015
SecureFlag S-OFF | HBoot DirtyRacun 2.09.2222 | Recovery TWRP 2.5.0.0
Kernel ElementalX v4.1 | ROM MeanBean v3.09 | Theme BLS v2.5
The Following User Says Thank You to Kisakuku For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Toastysoul
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisakuku View Post
Here's my experience with this issue. Check out the last 2-3 pages of that thread for some more insights. Personally, I think the TF201-labeled docks are cosmetically superior and functionally identical to the newer "real" AD01-labeled docks.
I've been unable to locate a TF201 dock new so I picked up an AD01 dock last week. I don't really see any better weight distribution. The battery still feels located mid-deck. The housing is definitely plastic, but for me it doesn't stand out a whole lot. It obviously looks a bit different from the back of the tablet, but I don't really spend a lot of time looking at the bottom of the keyboard. The fit & lock are solid, and I have not had a single issue with that. The tablet does feel top heavy, and I have flipped it over a handful of times. Using it now on my lap, it wants to tip back. I don't think much has really changed, other than a cheaper plastic housing for the same price. I will continue to look for a new TF201 dock for the time being to see if I can compare them. The tiny keyboard does take a bit of getting used to. I find I have a higher error rate with it, than with a real keyboard or even the touchscreen keyboard. However, being able to view the full screen on the tablet when I am typing (e.g. now) is actually very useful.

jtrosky
Old
Thanks Meter 955
Default Re: Photographic Proof that TF-201 and TF-700 docks are identical, except stickers.

Quote:
I've been unable to locate a TF201 dock new so I picked up an AD01 dock last week. I don't really see any better weight distribution. The battery still feels located mid-deck. The housing is definitely plastic, but for me it doesn't stand out a whole lot. It obviously looks a bit different from the back of the tablet, but I don't really spend a lot of time looking at the bottom of the keyboard. The fit & lock are solid, and I have not had a single issue with that. The tablet does feel top heavy, and I have flipped it over a handful of times. Using it now on my lap, it wants to tip back. I don't think much has really changed, other than a cheaper plastic housing for the same price. I will continue to look for a new TF201 dock for the time being to see if I can compare them. The tiny keyboard does take a bit of getting used to. I find I have a higher error rate with it, than with a real keyboard or even the touchscreen keyboard. However, being able to view the full screen on the tablet when I am typing (e.g. now) is actually very useful.
Don't worry - you'll be typing full speed on the TF700 keyboard soon enough. The more you use it, the faster you'll get with it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Kisakuku
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
I will continue to look for a new TF201 dock for the time being to see if I can compare them.
Like I said in the thread I linked above, a big retailer with a small tablet sales volume is your best bet. Definitely try Office Depot.
HTC One (Sprint)
Baseband 1.00.20.0626 | PRI 3.17_003 | PRL 16016
SecureFlag S-OFF | HBoot 1.44.0000 + RegawMOD | Recovery TWRP 2.6.3.0
Kernel ElementalX v0.6 | ROM d3rpONE rev306 | Theme DarkSide

HTC Evo 4G LTE
Baseband 1.12.11.1210 | PRI 2.97_003 | PRL 16015
SecureFlag S-OFF | HBoot DirtyRacun 2.09.2222 | Recovery TWRP 2.5.0.0
Kernel ElementalX v4.1 | ROM MeanBean v3.09 | Theme BLS v2.5