ROOT for Razr HD

OP TruEastSydeBoi

10th February 2013, 04:38 PM   |  #251  
Thanks Meter: 5

39 posts
Crazy hacker,

You should really read the previous couple of posts. In post #248 I point out that I had a similar problem. Did you try to use Matt's Root Recovery script?

If you havent, Follow the link to a post of mine in the General section of this forum where I explain how I got back root using this script.
10th February 2013, 11:43 PM   |  #252  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4

56 posts
More
Root Restore when root is incomplete after JB update OTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by biKF

I had a similar problem when I received the OTA JB update. I had used the "OTA JB Root Protection" method that was added to the first post in this thread. It didn't work as described for me, and others have had a "1/2 re-rooted" phone on JB.

I found that using Matt's Root Restore script fixed my problem and I root on stock JB coming fom stock (rooted) ICS without using CWM or unlocking my bootloader. My process was outlined in this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=136

It's helped a couple of other so far. I've done nothing new, just following the OP in this thread and saved my system with Matt's work. Kudos to them for there hard work getting us to this point!

The "Matt Root Restore" process worked for me. I was glad to read biKF's post and save my root after upgrading to JB. I had tried upgrading OTA after using Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, and I ended up with a "1/2 rooted JB". I found the SU backup in the /system/usr directory, and assume that's what we mena when we say 1/2 rooted. It might be because when I used OTA Rootkeeper, after making a backup of SU with Rootkeeper, I didn't do the next step of "temporarily hiding root". Afterwards I read somewhere someone saying that you had to do that extra step in order to protect root going from ICS to JB over the air. I don't plan to test that theory now that I'm on JB. Hopefully someone confirms that doing the 2 steps in VooDoo OTA Rootkeeper is successful in going from ICS 4.04 up to JB over the air.
The Following User Says Thank You to chgrbt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2013, 01:36 AM   |  #253  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 365

1,521 posts
More
Re: ROOT for Razr HD
The proper steps are

Root
Voodoo backup root
Voodoo temp unroot
OTA update
Voodoo restore root.

You always have to temporarily unroot after you protect and before you upgrade or its pointless.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
11th February 2013, 05:18 AM   |  #254  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 2

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoClifGo05

The proper steps are

Root
Voodoo backup root
Voodoo temp unroot
OTA update
Voodoo restore root.

You always have to temporarily unroot after you protect and before you upgrade or its pointless.

What's the difference between this and using DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10?
11th February 2013, 04:51 PM   |  #255  
Flag Maryland

1,521 posts
More
The utility just has everything is one place and you don't need RSD Lite.

19th February 2013, 09:52 PM   |  #256  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:

I had a similar problem when I received the OTA JB update. I had used the "OTA JB Root Protection" method that was added to the first post in this thread. It didn't work as described for me, and others have had a "1/2 re-rooted" phone on JB.

I found that using Matt's Root Restore script fixed my problem and I root on stock JB coming fom stock (rooted) ICS without using CWM or unlocking my bootloader. My process was outlined in this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=136

It's helped a couple of other so far. I've done nothing new, just following the OP in this thread and saved my system with Matt's work. Kudos to them for there hard work getting us to this point!

Matt's Restore Root script worked for me too. So happy I didn't have to reload everything. Thank you for sharing this.
Last edited by indyfan; 19th February 2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: typo
22nd February 2013, 05:47 PM   |  #257  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan

Matt's Restore Root script worked for me too. So happy I didn't have to reload everything. Thank you for sharing this.

Quote:

Okay, it will be rather simple since I only did a couple of steps:

~Snip~

Does this help?

Did it work for anyone else?

I have a VZW xt926 with 4.1.1, and lost root during the OTA update because I forgot to temp unroot. I still had Superuser installed the whole time I was not rooted (I guess I was half-rooted). So I been reading XDA for last few weeks, and today I came across this post and decided to try the restore root script posted here and to my surprise, I am now fully rooted again!!! All I did was run the script after extraction, (of course with the prerequisites... usb drivers installed, Debugging enabled, etc.) When the script ran it said it could not find a backup of SU or SuperSU (not unusual b/c I removed it long ago) but installed the copy of SuperSU that was included in the package. After it finished, phone rebooted and all was well again. However I didn't want conflicts between the two SU apps so I froze, not uninstall, SuperSU using Root Uninstaller. So far no problems.

Thank you for finding this info and posting it. There isn't enough thanks I can express in this post to show how much I really appreciate it!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-22-10-58-03.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1751972   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-22-11-10-41.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1751973  
The Following User Says Thank You to agentj642 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 08:23 AM   |  #258  
Flag Villeurbanne
Thanks Meter: 7

146 posts
More
Hi,

Tried the restore script myself and worked as well! Bingo, rooted again!!!

Thanks!
7th March 2013, 01:26 AM   |  #259  
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 41

1,068 posts
Donate to Me
More
Anyway to root directly from Jelly Bean?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
9th March 2013, 08:24 AM   |  #260  
Flag Maryland

1,521 posts
More
XT926 = no (except for developer edition) XT925 = yes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
droid, motorola, razr, razr hd, root
Previous Thread Next Thread