Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE]Viber on Nexus 7

OP levskiboy1

22nd January 2013, 03:37 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 26

166 posts
More
Ooh, that's perfect for now, I'll register with another number. I'm waiting forward the multi-device update! Thank you!
23rd January 2013, 03:40 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 526

1,372 posts
Our pleasure to help, as always.
Enjoy!
23rd January 2013, 09:00 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 532

2,346 posts
Re: [GUIDE]Viber on Nexus 7
Ah man, so close, setup my nexus 7 with work mobile number, can call my s3 mobile, but there is no sound on the nexus 7. Nexus 7 is using home WiFi, mobile is using 3g, any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
25th January 2013, 12:37 PM   |  #44  

1,372 posts
First, as mentioned above, please note that Viber does not offiically support Nexus 7, and this could unfortunately be the reason for the problem.
However, you may still check the following:

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

3. Try a few different earphones connected to the Nexus 7, and see if this helps.
28th January 2013, 04:33 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 21

71 posts
More
The latest version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Viber_2.3.2.61.apk.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.02 MB, 417 views)
18th February 2013, 05:00 PM   |  #46  
Flag Undershire
Thanks Meter: 200

1,116 posts
Donate to Me
already installed the latest and no sound coming out from my Nexus 7... I am using Note 2 to call and connected to HSDPA+ and the Nexus connected to my wifi router... at least the messaging works for now....

To the Viber team..... please support this device......

Thank to op... and thanks Viber team!!!!
19th February 2013, 02:32 PM   |  #47  

166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm8

already installed the latest and no sound coming out from my Nexus 7... I am using Note 2 to call and connected to HSDPA+ and the Nexus connected to my wifi router... at least the messaging works for now....

To the Viber team..... please support this device......

Thank to op... and thanks Viber team!!!!

Interesting... For me voice call on speaker and on plugged in earphones also works. I used it on dirty aokp 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 too. My partner even said that the sound quality is better than it was on my nexus S.

I'm hoping to get an update which supports tablets to have better messaging interface.
19th February 2013, 11:05 PM   |  #48  

1,372 posts
@nm8 -

We'll do our best to support Nexus 7 officially as soon as possible.
However, please note that Viber has been reported to work with Nexus 7 for many users. You may want to consult with them to see if it be tweaked to work this way or another
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viber Team For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 06:43 PM   |  #49  

166 posts
More
For me it works without any additional steps or tweaks. Just install the apk, register and use it. Could sound stupid, but have you tried checking volume settings?
4th March 2013, 01:54 PM   |  #50  
Thanks Meter: 6

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viber Team

@nm8 -

We'll do our best to support Nexus 7 officially as soon as possible.
However, please note that Viber has been reported to work with Nexus 7 for many users. You may want to consult with them to see if it be tweaked to work this way or another

Yo, Viber staff. Everything works fine, except when earphones are plugged in Nexus 7, it still lets audio out on speaker.

When can we expect that to be fixed? IMO, you can safely call it "supported" on Nexus 7 then.

Nexus 7 3G 32gig/Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

The Following User Says Thank You to vkrivokuca For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread