Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]Viber on Nexus 7

Tip us?

mkoch820
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Ooh, that's perfect for now, I'll register with another number. I'm waiting forward the multi-device update! Thank you!
Happy Nexus S and Nexus 7 owner.
If I helped, press thanks

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 524
Our pleasure to help, as always.
Enjoy!
An official representative of Viber Media (Viber app.)

gsw5700
Old
Thanks Meter 509
Default Re: [GUIDE]Viber on Nexus 7

Ah man, so close, setup my nexus 7 with work mobile number, can call my s3 mobile, but there is no sound on the nexus 7. Nexus 7 is using home WiFi, mobile is using 3g, any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 524
First, as mentioned above, please note that Viber does not offiically support Nexus 7, and this could unfortunately be the reason for the problem.
However, you may still check the following:

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

3. Try a few different earphones connected to the Nexus 7, and see if this helps.

hija31
Old
Thanks Meter 15
The latest version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Viber_2.3.2.61.apk.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.02 MB, 414 views)

nm8
Old
Thanks Meter 202

DONATE TO ME
already installed the latest and no sound coming out from my Nexus 7... I am using Note 2 to call and connected to HSDPA+ and the Nexus connected to my wifi router... at least the messaging works for now....

To the Viber team..... please support this device......

Thank to op... and thanks Viber team!!!!

mkoch820
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm8 View Post
already installed the latest and no sound coming out from my Nexus 7... I am using Note 2 to call and connected to HSDPA+ and the Nexus connected to my wifi router... at least the messaging works for now....

To the Viber team..... please support this device......

Thank to op... and thanks Viber team!!!!
Interesting... For me voice call on speaker and on plugged in earphones also works. I used it on dirty aokp 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 too. My partner even said that the sound quality is better than it was on my nexus S.

I'm hoping to get an update which supports tablets to have better messaging interface.

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 524
@nm8 -

We'll do our best to support Nexus 7 officially as soon as possible.
However, please note that Viber has been reported to work with Nexus 7 for many users. You may want to consult with them to see if it be tweaked to work this way or another
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viber Team For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mkoch820
Old
Thanks Meter 26
For me it works without any additional steps or tweaks. Just install the apk, register and use it. Could sound stupid, but have you tried checking volume settings?

vkrivokuca
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viber Team View Post
@nm8 -

We'll do our best to support Nexus 7 officially as soon as possible.
However, please note that Viber has been reported to work with Nexus 7 for many users. You may want to consult with them to see if it be tweaked to work this way or another
Yo, Viber staff. Everything works fine, except when earphones are plugged in Nexus 7, it still lets audio out on speaker.

When can we expect that to be fixed? IMO, you can safely call it "supported" on Nexus 7 then.

Nexus 7 3G 32gig/Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

The Following User Says Thank You to vkrivokuca For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]