FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Your opinions on this phone

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By famous145, Member on 18th February 2013, 09:00 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th February 2013, 03:44 AM |#11  
Dakota0206's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 777
 
More
Re: Your opinions on this phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous145

Well as of right now that's a rumor that the s4 will be out in March. Also I have a lg revolution which is the worst phone I ever bought

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

I wasnt saying the phone will be out in march. I said wait until march to see what it will have to offer. I was referring to it being announced in march. Either ar MWC or its own event.

Just to be clear: I agree the S4 will more than likely not be available for purchase until July in the US.

On a side note: my gf cousin works for a company that plans big events for corporations. They have been working on something big for Samsung. He was in town for christmas and was pretty much on the phone (ironically an iPhone) the whole time having teleconferences with Korea. My guess is the S4 but they dont get told the actual product until a couple of weeks out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
 
 
19th February 2013, 03:50 AM |#12  
nrfitchett4's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 524
 
More
I think the Note 2 is the best phone out right now. All phones have compromises. S3 only has 1gb of RAM, DNA doesn't have expandable storage and battery life is so/so.
I've only had the note 2 a few days, but I've been a little disappointed with battery life. I'm coming from a Rezound with extended battery (2750mah). The battery life is similar to that and the Rezound got bashed for poor battery life. I was expecting a little more. Guessing it might get better after a few charge cycles. I find myself having to charge about an hour a night. The good thing is that it is a 2amp charger so it charges fast.
19th February 2013, 03:52 AM |#13  
kintwofan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,891
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: Your opinions on this phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4

I think the Note 2 is the best phone out right now. All phones have compromises. S3 only has 1gb of RAM, DNA doesn't have expandable storage and battery life is so/so.
I've only had the note 2 a few days, but I've been a little disappointed with battery life. I'm coming from a Rezound with extended battery (2750mah). The battery life is similar to that and the Rezound got bashed for poor battery life. I was expecting a little more. Guessing it might get better after a few charge cycles. I find myself having to charge about an hour a night. The good thing is that it is a 2amp charger so it charges fast.

S3 had 2gb of RAM is the International version that had 1. Is basically a smaller note without the pen

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 03:57 AM |#14  
DaRkL3AD3R's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 230
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan

S3 had 2gb of RAM is the International version that had 1. Is basically a smaller note without the pen

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The S3 and the Note 2 should never ever be compared. They are totally different devices in almost every way possible. Not bashing you kintwofan, or anyone in particular, just saying these 2 devices should not even be in the same sentence.

It's more like DNA vs S3/4, or do I want a mini tablet with a Wacom pen.


Personally at this point I recommend you wait another month for the S4 reveal and see if that floats your boat OP. I would never recommend an S3 to someone, it's 2013. Especially not a US variant S3 which has horrible specs compared to most devices released in the last 6 months. So you want someone who owns a Note 2's opinion OP? Wait a month.
19th February 2013, 05:04 AM |#15  
kintwofan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,891
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: Your opinions on this phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R

The S3 and the Note 2 should never ever be compared. They are totally different devices in almost every way possible. Not bashing you kintwofan, or anyone in particular, just saying these 2 devices should not even be in the same sentence.

It's more like DNA vs S3/4, or do I want a mini tablet with a Wacom pen.


Personally at this point I recommend you wait another month for the S4 reveal and see if that floats your boat OP. I would never recommend an S3 to someone, it's 2013. Especially not a US variant S3 which has horrible specs compared to most devices released in the last 6 months. So you want someone who owns a Note 2's opinion OP? Wait a month.

Ya I guess bad comparison. All I really meant was it had 2gb of RAM should have just stopped there. I actually really liked mind though (when in good signal area).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 05:10 AM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
The Note 2 is a tank of a phone, I just wish there was some more dev support. The Dev Sections are pretty much ghost towns :/
19th February 2013, 07:43 AM |#17  
Dakota0206's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 777
 
More
Re: Your opinions on this phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftLegend

The Note 2 is a tank of a phone, I just wish there was some more dev support. The Dev Sections are pretty much ghost towns :/

That's because there is so little to improve on

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Dakota0206 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 07:48 AM |#18  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Re: Your opinions on this phone
Now I wanna ask which rom you like the most. Apologize if this has been asked.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium
19th February 2013, 09:35 PM |#19  
hypersonicx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous145

Now I wanna ask which rom you like the most. Apologize if this has been asked.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium


Im on Clean Rom, and since the phone is near perfect, hasnt really been a need for any of the devs to do any work.
19th February 2013, 10:18 PM |#20  
MikesDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I have both the Note 2 and S3 and prefer the S3 over the Note. Both phones are great, but I personally like the S3 better. The S3 is stock / rooted and the Note 2 is stock / unrooted which may have something to do w/ it. It seems there's more to do with the S3 as far as the Dev community, it's not too big and I have never had any issues with it. I've had the Note 2 for about 4 weeks now and sometimes it won't send a text message until I restart the phone.
20th February 2013, 01:01 AM |#21  
hopesrequiem's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,087
 
More
Re: Your opinions on this phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous145

Now I wanna ask which rom you like the most. Apologize if this has been asked.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

Imnuts just dropped a rom yesterday. It's fantastic. No overclocking or under volting bs. Just great mods

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes