Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,864 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

mp3's will not play on any music player? SOLVED

Tip us?

Larry Fortune
Old
(Last edited by Larry Fortune; 20th February 2013 at 06:15 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default mp3's will not play on any music player? SOLVED

Solved: See last post

Running Cleanrom ACE 4.5 wiping caches, factory reset and Wiping SYSTEM (could this have anything to do with it?)
Everything appears to be working fine.
Tried to play my mp3 un-protected files with 4 or 5 music players (including the stock google music player) and I get "The player does not support this type of audio file"
Tried clearing data/cash for each player, no luck.

Mp3's have played before but have not played in awhile and now they will not play.

Any one else having this problem or have a solution?

Thanks!

dcdgoth
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Try 'fix permission' in custom recovery. Easy fix.
Brick Count: Zero
Rooted VW Galaxy Note2: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build10 rom / VRALL4 kernel and modem / new r96 google wallet(working great) / Wifi-tethering / Swap Hack
Rooted Galaxy Nexus(inactive): 4.1.2 Codename 3.8.0 rom / lean kernel / CWM Recovery
Rooted Samsung Fascinate(inactive): 4.1.2 Helly Bean Rom / Devil Kernel / CWM Recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to dcdgoth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Larry Fortune
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdgoth View Post
Try 'fix permission' in custom recovery. Easy fix.
Good idea but did not fix it. There is a switch off or a codec missing. I also discovered it will not play .wma files either.

dcdgoth
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Fortune View Post
Good idea but did not fix it. There is a switch off or a codec missing. I also discovered it will not play .wma files either.
You probably had bad flash then. Have you tried to redownload and reflash?
Brick Count: Zero
Rooted VW Galaxy Note2: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build10 rom / VRALL4 kernel and modem / new r96 google wallet(working great) / Wifi-tethering / Swap Hack
Rooted Galaxy Nexus(inactive): 4.1.2 Codename 3.8.0 rom / lean kernel / CWM Recovery
Rooted Samsung Fascinate(inactive): 4.1.2 Helly Bean Rom / Devil Kernel / CWM Recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to dcdgoth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Larry Fortune
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdgoth View Post
You probably had bad flash then. Have you tried to redownload and reflash?
Yes, afraid so...
I've flashed Beans, Clear Rom, went back to stock...all several times without it being able to recognize mp3 files.

Larry Fortune
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Solved! I found I had an mp3 ringtone on my sdcard0 that played okay...mmmm.
After lots of testing I found that for some unknown reason my Music folder on my extsdcard was corrupted. That's why they kept failing to play through lots of flashing and even going back to stock...duh. I deleted the music folder and all the files, did a chkdisk on my computer, re-copied mp3 files back to a new Music folder and all working now.
Bottom line, unexplained activity, after doing logical checks suspect the extsdcard!!