LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Phone has no service on Band 2 (PCS/WCDMA 1900)

OP Viper Matrix Wireless

5th February 2013, 03:53 AM   |  #11  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 104

449 posts
More
Re: Phone has no service on Band 2 (PCS/WCDMA 1900)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Matrix Wireless

I think know whats going on. In your *#0011# Service Menu. When it switches to Band 2 the MCC-MNC change. It shows something like 310 260 when its on T-Mobile but 310 410 when its on AT&T. When on Band 2 for some reason it will swap from 260 on Band 4 to 410 on Band 2 therefore identifying it as an AT&T network. Why is it trying to connect to AT&T? I have no idea.

I personally havent experienced any issues with my data/sms (then again if youre not receiving text/mms then how would one know they are experiencing problems in the first place?)

Because I havent had any issues I havent really tried to test my connection enough to know when im band 2 or band 4 or what exact mcc-mnc changes are occuring... for those worried about messing up their phones they need to just make sure they are always flashing a rom built foe their carriers' phone model and also make sure that each flash performed doesnt affect the modem.. (I know the modem part is hard due to roms being based off newer releases but as long as you are following my first suggestion (verify you are flashing the right carriers' phone model download) then there should never be an issue

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
5th February 2013, 09:20 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bellevue, WA (Headquarters)
Thanks Meter: 49

526 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxDroid86

I personally havent experienced any issues with my data/sms (then again if youre not receiving text/mms then how would one know they are experiencing problems in the first place?)

Because I havent had any issues I havent really tried to test my connection enough to know when im band 2 or band 4 or what exact mcc-mnc changes are occuring... for those worried about messing up their phones they need to just make sure they are always flashing a rom built foe their carriers' phone model and also make sure that each flash performed doesnt affect the modem.. (I know the modem part is hard due to roms being based off newer releases but as long as you are following my first suggestion (verify you are flashing the right carriers' phone model download) then there should never be an issue

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

T-Mobile's response is: The phone is designed to connect to the best network. Once Band 4 on T-Mobile has no signal while on 3G/4G WCDMA it will flop over automatically to Band 2 on AT&T. Due to the 7 year agreement we have with AT&T you should be able to access the network. However, we have lost a bunch of ROAMING AGREEMENTS recently. "Apparently AT&T DID NOT keep their promise of a nationwide agreement". Therefore your city might be on this list. This may be why you can't access AT&T. There is nothing we can do right now. Its a waiting game on when T-Mobile rolls out improved coverage onto 3G/4G 1700 WCDMA and 3G/4G 1900 WCDMA on its own. So in the future it is less likely that you will be put on AT&T. However, it is still possible. Sorry but we DO NOT have any CeI-Fi devices as I would offer you one as we are SOLD OUT. We don't expect any Cei-Fi devices to be in till this Summer.

So this device is supposed to go onto AT&T apparently and its not supposed to show as Roaming which is why Data Roaming Checked/Unchecked doesn't work.
Last edited by Viper Matrix Wireless; 5th February 2013 at 09:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Viper Matrix Wireless For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2013, 07:30 AM   |  #13  
Flag Gilbert
Thanks Meter: 11

80 posts
More
Thank you! Finally a complete answer lol.

Is it possible to make it so band 2 only sticks with T-Mobile?
6th February 2013, 08:28 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

526 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acideater

Thank you! Finally a complete answer lol.

Is it possible to make it so band 2 only sticks with T-Mobile?

No and I found how to take screenshots. Wish I had pulled out my S-Pen out sooner.

Service Mode:

When on T-Mobile WCDMA, about to lose signal as MNC 260, lost signal after -113 dBm:

When T-Mobile WCDMA signal is lost, flopping onto AT&T as MNC 410:

Status Menu:

When on T-Mobile WCDMA, about to lose signal as In Service, UMTS: Mode 3, Carrier as T-Mobile:

When on AT&T WCDMA, lost signal and flopped as Out Of Service, Unknown Network Mode 0, Carrier as Unknown:

Well they sold out of the Cel-Fi once they actually dropped the 2 YR requirement extension and then they got plagued with calls and SOLD OUT. I told her thats not good that means that the network is crap. She laughed and agreed. But look at the good AT&T signal makes me want to sometimes switch but everytime I think of leaving I couldn't.

According to the info I have gotten in my area GSM is approx. 485 meters away and WCDMA is 1,110 meters away in the opposite direction.
Last edited by Viper Matrix Wireless; 6th February 2013 at 08:42 AM.
8th February 2013, 02:17 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 18

250 posts
Re: Phone has no service on Band 2 (PCS/WCDMA 1900)
Figured out my problem. Phone got blacklisted.thanks eBay:thumbdown:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
19th February 2013, 10:21 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

526 posts
Donate to Me
More
Now I can ROAM onto AT&T and have everything running except 4G is actually EDGE speed. I can even select AT&T as the main network.
8th January 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Arrow LTE Band 2 1900MHz capability
I would like to know if an unlocked Tmobile note 2 has the capability to work on AT&T LTE Band 2 1900 MHz?

I know it works on AT&T GSM-1900 MHz frequency. it will even work on LTE band 17 700MHz frequency.

Preeese hrrp

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread