19th February 2013, 11:22 PM   |  #15841  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 14,302

21,814 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin985

Here is what I think the gaming situation is like

Tegra 4: 10-15 high quality console games at 1080p.roughly 40fps.(eg. Riptide and terra games) 10-15 Good quality ones with minimum effect disabled games.roughly 50fps.(eg.nfs) Most of the rest have most features turned off for one reason or another. (Gameloft games)

S600: 15-30 console quality effect games.(nfs, some gameloft, many other top titles) Most likely games with full effects enabled. Rest are all 60fps with Most effects enabled. Few are close to tegra 4 quality. Maybe abiltiy to add effects in the games

S800:all games at full effects 60fps, same/better than ios, I see gameloft optimising properly as there are more snapdragons this year

Exanoys octa:all games near 60fps and full effects. All ios ports are identical

Tegra 3: tegra games pefect. Hamdir optimised games perfect, rest near 30fps

My 2 cents

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Frankly GL benchmark is a good meric

As for Exynos 5 with 544MP3, like i said expect 45fps in the GL bench and i don't expect it to performance 60fps all the time like you assume given the 1080p screen, the iPad4 is having a hard time mantaining that as well
Last edited by hamdir; 19th February 2013 at 11:32 PM.
19th February 2013, 11:26 PM   |  #15842  
Beirut

21,814 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxploration

By the way, the mainstream media is already slating it:

"HTC One: A Singularly Unremarkable Smartphone"
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/43...smartphone.htm

mainstream media are iLovers, comeone man surely you know better

what's next quoting the ars technica article and their FUD about the Blinkfeed being permanent?

anyway knox aren't you tired already? as for me im happy you love your One X so much
Last edited by hamdir; 19th February 2013 at 11:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 11:36 PM   |  #15843  
Beirut

21,814 posts
some info about the unibody from the Engadget article
Quote:

There's no doubt about it -- the HTC One is a fine piece of kit. It's particularly beautiful when viewed from the back and sides, with a semi-pyramidal shape reminiscent of HTC's own J Butterfly and phones like the Xperia Ion. The front is more staid and channels the BlackBerry Z10. Look a little closer and the attention to detail is staggering -- this is a product that stands shoulder to shoulder with the iPhone 5 in terms of materials and build quality.

The unibody polycarbonate design of the One X gives way to a machined aluminum shell that seamlessly incorporates polycarbonate accents. Basically the aluminum is etched to create channels into which the polycarbonate is inset using zero-gap injection molding. It takes 200 minutes to machine one shell, and the result is absolutely stunning -- a solid block of anodized aluminum, white polycarbonate and glass with chamfered, polished edges. HTC even sourced custom-grade aluminum that's harder than what's found on the iPhone 5. The polycarbonate forms a ring around the edge of the device, covers the top and bottom ends and bisects the back with two lines, one of which flows around the camera lens below -- it reminds us of circuit-board traces. Since aluminum can be anodized in different colors and polycarbonate comes in many hues, we'll leave you to imagine the combinations possible beyond the silver and white handset we played with.

Quote:

Basically you're looking at a 1/3-inch 4 megapixel BSI sensor with large 2Ám pixels capable of gathering 330% more light than the 1.1Ám pixels usually found in phones. This sensor is mated with a 28mm f/2.0 autofocus lens which is slightly recessed for protection and equipped with optical image stabilization (OIS), just like Nokia's Lumia 920. HTC's ImageChip 2 handles image processing and enables a bunch of new tricks like 1080p, 60fps and HDR video capture plus an interesting new feature called Zoe Share. Our very limited time with the camera confirms that performance is top-notch -- after all, photography isn't just about megapixels, and the HTC One checks all the important boxes.

Last edited by hamdir; 19th February 2013 at 11:46 PM.
19th February 2013, 11:36 PM   |  #15844  
Thanks Meter: 631

3,558 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

@Knox fair enough, we will have to wait and see i guess, maybe the metal parts "slots" together? (i have a picture of this in my mind, but can't be bothered)

actually i can ask Jason to give us more details on Elevate but lets wait for the guys to take a break from the busy day

Yep, I'm pretty sure there will be at least 2-3 distinct metal parts that clip onto the front and back of a plastic chassis. You can kind of see it in your earlier pics, actually...

The quick-and-dirty image below shows roughly what I think is plastic in your pic, which these metal parts would attach too. I think they may be permanently attaching the plastic part to the backplate by melting the plastic at points near top and bottom of the phone to stop it separating from the back panel, then the front metal panels snap-fit in place. But that's just a guess.

Anyway, I'm going to sign out of this thread now. It's no longer about the One X and I don't think any further discussion here is going to be of interest to me, because this design is dead in the water for my purposes.
Last edited by knoxploration; 19th February 2013 at 11:39 PM.
19th February 2013, 11:37 PM   |  #15845  
Beirut

21,814 posts
Engadget: HTC One event roundup

all the info in one place
19th February 2013, 11:40 PM   |  #15846  
Beirut

21,814 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxploration

Anyway, I'm going to sign out of this thread now. It's no longer about the One X and I don't think any further discussion here is going to be of interest to me, because this design is dead in the water for my purposes.

the topics we discuss on this thread no longer interests you? and just yesterday we were reviewing waves of custom JB kernels

mate don't you think you are nudge too negative today? its just the launch buzz today, soon we will be back to more One X stuff

and one more thing this thread wouldnt be fun without you

as for the unibody discussion thanks for the image, you have made many good points, like i said i will try to hunt more info from Elevate
Last edited by hamdir; 19th February 2013 at 11:45 PM.
19th February 2013, 11:46 PM   |  #15847  
Thanks Meter: 631

3,558 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

the topics we discuss on this thread no longer interests you? and just yesterday we were reviewing waves of custom JB kernels

mate don't you think you are nudge too negative today? its just the launch buzz today, soon we will be back to more One X stuff

and one more thing this thread wouldnt be fun without you

as for the unibody discussion thanks for the image, you have made many good points, like i said i will try to hunt more info from Elevate

Hah -- appreciated, I just foresee it turning into a non-stop torrent of non-One X stuff, it'll be too hard to find the One X posts. I guess I'll give it a day or two to see...
19th February 2013, 11:47 PM   |  #15848  
Flag Silver Spring, MD
Thanks Meter: 1,641

6,549 posts
More
Re: HTC Flagships - One X - Tegra 3 - Mega Information Thread
HTC really raised the bar on this "One" . Really proud of HTC right now.

Sent from my 3rd Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 11:52 PM   |  #15849  
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,589

9,411 posts
More
Re: HTC Flagships - One X - Tegra 3 - Mega Information Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl

HTC really raised the bar on this "One" . Really proud of HTC right now.

Sent from my 3rd Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I must be the only one not really feeling it. Great design but again nothing really to shout about. And knowing how the dev support is like with kernel source and other areas a no go for me. Very happy with the one x for now and knowing htc probably see an updated version by the end of the year anyway. Great phone but a miss. Let's see what Samsung have to offer now

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
19th February 2013, 11:55 PM   |  #15850  
Thanks Meter: 349

1,335 posts
I too, unfortunately, am quitting this thread. I think we all love HTC, but that doesn't mean it has to be all praises and no critics. There's a line that separates a loyal fan - that wants HTC to go on the (so believed) right track -, from a fanboy.

It seems that critics are no longer welcome and after what I've read from a senior moderator 2 pages ago, makes no sense to keep participating. This is just the internet after all.

It has been a great year. Thanks hamdir and all the guys!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to myself11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc one x, knowledge base, nvidia tegra 3, one x, performance, sense 4.x
Previous Thread Next Thread