No registration required

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Note 2 Vanilla RootBox[Unofficial][Discontinued]

OP [vertigo]

19th February 2013, 09:55 PM   |  #141  
Flag izmir
Thanks Meter: 25

217 posts
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Note 2 Vanilla RootBox[Unofficial] [Per-App-DPI][PIE]
I have used to CWM since my first android device (nexus one
But if i have to twrp, i will.
Thanks bro

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
19th February 2013, 11:24 PM   |  #142  
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 6,498

3,231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulouloul

I have used to CWM since my first android device (nexus one
But if i have to twrp, i will.
Thanks bro

Well to be honest I've never used TWRP on my Note 2 simply because I've never had any issues with CWM... I'm on CWM 6.0.1.9 I flashed with Rom Manager, and I'm constantly swapping between my other roms and I've never had a problem, I always stick with CWM to be honest, so you can almost guarantee that it will flash with CWM because I will have done it with that

So bearing that in mind it could be a bad download, I've looked through updater-script and there doesn't seem like anything that would cause a status 7 error, so it might be worth downloading it again...
The Following User Says Thank You to [vertigo] For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 01:04 AM   |  #143  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 33

338 posts
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Note 2 Vanilla RootBox[Unofficial] [Per-App-DPI][PIE]
This rom seems very interesting. I really wanna flash it but the only thing stopping me is that '0' folder which is automatically created. Is there any way to stop it from creating itself. It makes difficult to swap between this(aosp) and sammy roms. Thanks in advance.

20th February 2013, 01:56 AM   |  #144  
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 6,498

3,231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zainqaiser

This rom seems very interesting. I really wanna flash it but the only thing stopping me is that '0' folder which is automatically created. Is there any way to stop it from creating itself. It makes difficult to swap between this(aosp) and sammy roms. Thanks in advance.

There is no way to stop it... its a part of android 4.2 unfortunately
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [vertigo] For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 01:58 AM   |  #145  
Flag Reggio Emilia
Thanks Meter: 262

972 posts
More
R: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Note 2 Vanilla RootBox[Unofficial] [Per-App-DPI][PIE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zainqaiser

All 4.2 roms will do it. Even sammy rom when they will be updated to 4.2.
The 0 folder is there for the default user data and additional user profiles will get subsequent numeration to store their data
Multiuser is coded too deep in 4.2 to be removed

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 con Tapatalk 2
Last edited by nightranger73; 20th February 2013 at 02:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nightranger73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 02:01 AM   |  #146  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 33

338 posts
More
Thanks for the answers guys.

20th February 2013, 03:57 AM   |  #147  
Flag Mackay
Thanks Meter: 124

780 posts
More
I installed the rom and it looked excellent. Really impressive. The problems started when I tried to add "Profile" to the Statusbar Toggles. System UI kept crashing. I ended up doing a full wipe and reinstall to rectify the problem. Now the Statusbar Toggles won't appear when I tap the icon on the Statusbar. I reinstalled again, but same problem. Help!

Edit: I hadn't installed Gapps. After I did that the toggles now work. There's definitely a major issue with adding "Profile" to the toggles though.
Last edited by appro77; 20th February 2013 at 04:18 AM.
20th February 2013, 07:22 AM   |  #148  
Flag Milwaukee-414
Thanks Meter: 905

596 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tablet UI does work my friends!! Thats the only way I rock my note. Here we go..
First change your dpi. You gotta set up the xposed framework, installing it first, then reboot, come back to xposed, click modules, selcet per app dpi module, reboot again.
Now, go to settings, per-app settings, change android system and system ui.. Dpi, change to 192, then change screen to 1000x1600 and finally check xlarge res, and lastly save. You have to change and save each one! Now reboot.
Go to settings, rom control, general ui, ui mode and click tablet. Now, back out and go to navigation bar and check the first option, "Enable bar" Scroll down to navigation bar height and select 48 dp, this is to remove the extra space you would otherwise have, now reboot and you should have tablet ui with the status bar at the BOTTOM w/ the navigation bar.

Afterwards, you can go to rom control, navigation bar, then where it says combined bar width port, adjust that to change the size of your navbar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-20-00-23-34.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1745233  
Last edited by OGWisdom; 20th February 2013 at 07:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to OGWisdom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 03:14 PM   |  #149  
Flag holland
Thanks Meter: 144

685 posts
More
iam on this rom but is redpill working ? great work

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 03:42 PM   |  #150  
Flag Hurricane, WV
Thanks Meter: 152

1,623 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGWisdom

Tablet UI does work my friends!! Thats the only way I rock my note. Here we go..
First change your dpi. You gotta set up the xposed framework, installing it first, then reboot, come back to xposed, click modules, selcet per app dpi module, reboot again.
Now, go to settings, per-app settings, change android system and system ui.. Dpi, change to 192, then change screen to 1000x1600 and finally check xlarge res, and lastly save. You have to change and save each one! Now reboot.
Go to settings, rom control, general ui, ui mode and click tablet. Now, back out and go to navigation bar and check the first option, "Enable bar" Scroll down to navigation bar height and select 48 dp, this is to remove the extra space you would otherwise have, now reboot and you should have tablet ui with the status bar at the BOTTOM w/ the navigation bar.

Afterwards, you can go to rom control, navigation bar, then where it says combined bar width port, adjust that to change the size of your navbar.

I know this may sound like a stupid question -- I have tried tablet UI a few time with PA based ROMs but ... I was wondering what the advantage to the tablet UI is in your opinion? Is it mainly a cosmetic thing? or do you find another advantage to that screen format ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aokp, jellybean [vertigo] musketeers, pa hybrid, pie
Previous Thread Next Thread