5,597,198 Members 43,321 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies

Tip us?
 
Nebucatnetzer
Old
#1501  
Nebucatnetzer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6243
Posts: 5,563
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies

I'm not sure if I'm seeing a difference in a battery life with the setting activated.
However I don't monitor the Infinity that carefully.
Tutorials and useful Links for Beginners
No idea how to undervolt? Go to -->My tutorial<--
Learn how to get and read logcats-->HowTo by Stryke_the_Orc<--
Want to learn how to use ADB? Go to -->ADB for Dummies<--
Kernel governors, and other stuff explained by droidphile -->here<--
 
dasunsrule32
Old
#1502  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1971
Posts: 2,271
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilbert, AZ

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathgod1 View Post
I've been having those problems too. I think it has to do with the unique setup of the tegra 3s 4+1 chip. I think there's issues with switching from the slower companion core to the other four cores designed to handle the more demanding tasks(and vice versa), creating lag. I noticed that sometimes it would take upwards of a min for my tab to turn on if it was asleep for a while. Im running CM 10.1 on my Galaxy Nexus and its butter smooth with no issues thus far. I raised my min clock speed to 370 from 51 and haven't had any issues with lag since (only been a couple hours but looking good).
Let me know if this helps. I may need to revert the no_lp mode that was enabled.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
 
deathgod1
Old
#1503  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 98
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasunsrule32 View Post
Let me know if this helps. I may need to revert the no_lp mode that was enabled.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Okay, I'll post my experience at the end of day.
 
dasunsrule32
Old
(Last edited by dasunsrule32; 20th February 2013 at 02:47 PM.)
#1504  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1971
Posts: 2,271
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilbert, AZ

 
DONATE TO ME
I need a tester/testers for NTFS. I've successfully ported the opensource ntfs-3g project over to our device.

1. Backup data on thumb drive/micro sdcard/sdcard
2. Have it formatted as NTFS
3. Test reading and writing files to devices
4. Test thumb drive/micro sdcard/sdcard as vfat/fat32

I'll post a custom build here soon with the needed modules and changes to vold, etc. Thanks!

Ok, here is the build: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11072862/te...IAL-tf700t.zip

If it doesn't mount automatically, please test with this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ll.ntfsmounter

Here is what I've done:

1. Got ntfs-3g building using Android.mk file: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/30968/
2. Modified vold to use fuse to mount ntfs (Is it working? I have no idea.) http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/32235/
3. Added ntfs-3g to tf700t device tree and have it build from sources using device_tf700t.mk as PRODUCT_PACKAGES http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/32235/

Leave feedback and logs, thank you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dasunsrule32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
deathgod1
Old
#1505  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 98
Join Date: Feb 2011
Is anyone else having choppy music playback and slowdown when using google play music or apollo? My tablet slows to a crawl for a few minutes when these are running, and the music stutters when launching other apps. Like if I'm browsing the web, and launch play music, the music stutters and everything slows down, until things 'load', then it plays fine. If I pull down the notification bar, the song stops for a few seconds as it waits for the bar to come down, then resumes.
The Following User Says Thank You to deathgod1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dasunsrule32
Old
(Last edited by dasunsrule32; 19th February 2013 at 05:14 PM.)
#1506  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1971
Posts: 2,271
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilbert, AZ

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathgod1 View Post
Is anyone else having choppy music playback and slowdown when using google play music or apollo? My tablet slows to a crawl for a few minutes when these are running, and the music stutters when launching other apps. Like if I'm browsing the web, and launch play music, the music stutters and everything slows down, until things 'load', then it plays fine. If I pull down the notification bar, the song stops for a few seconds as it waits for the bar to come down, then resumes.
Nope, do you have other issues? It sounds almost like something may be wrong with your tab. I don't know for sure, but I'm not seeing these types of complaints anywhere else...

You've got power issues, device is coming to a crawl, won't resume correctly, etc...

Have tried a different ROM to see if the issues crop up there also? Have you wiped the device clean and started fresh?

Are you running the device in performance mode, balanced mode, etc?

Do you have bad wifi signal?

More details are needed when reporting issues like these. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to dasunsrule32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Pretoriano80
Old
(Last edited by Pretoriano80; 19th February 2013 at 08:29 PM.)
#1507  
Pretoriano80's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 858
Posts: 965
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies

@dasunsrule32: Hi mate, i'm not sure if this was reported already or if you already know but with the latest nightly the Advanced options in the Reboot Menu are no longer available (so no more reboot to recovery, fastboot or apx.

Edit: Battery drain improved a lot with the 18/02 build (atleast in standby), nice job. But on the other hand after the 13/02 or so the "black lines" are back and now i can spot them more often.
 
jruesga
Old
#1508  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 203
Posts: 176
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretoriano80 View Post
@dasunsrule32: Hi mate, i'm not sure if this was reported already or if you already know but with the latest nightly the Advanced options in the Reboot Menu are no longer available (so no more reboot to recovery, fastboot or apx.

Edit: Battery drain improved a lot with the 18/02 build (atleast in standby), nice job. But on the other hand after the 13/02 or so the "black lines" are back and now i can spot them more often.
Yes, it's a new feature. You can enabled again at dev settings. Read cm g+ post for more information
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jruesga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
milkk
Old
#1509  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 181
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasunsrule32 View Post
I need a tester/testers for NTFS. I've successfully ported the opensource ntfs-3g project over to our device.

1. Backup data on thumb drive/micro sdcard/sdcard
2. Have it formatted as NTFS
3. Test reading and writing files to devices
4. Test thumb drive/micro sdcard/sdcard as vfat/fat32

I'll post a custom build here soon with the needed modules and changes to vold, etc. Thanks!

Ok, here is the build: [Took down temporarily]

Leave feedback and logs, thank you
I will give it a go when I get home. I'll format SD Card in laptop to ntfs now and take it out right away to take home so I don't forget lol.
-----------------------------------------------------
Google Nexus 7 32GB
[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.2][grouper] PAC-man [AOSP]
[Kernel][4.4] M-Kernel - a67 [WiFi/3G]
-----------------------------------------------------
Asus Infinity TF700 32GB
[ROM]★★★[TF700 KitKat 4.4.2][CROMBi-kk][F2FS | DATA2SD | ROM2SD | CM11][APRIL 03]★★★
[KERNEL]10.6.1.14.10-that9-oc
 
kokoon
Old
#1510  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 99
Join Date: Mar 2010
Get a load of this - 94% of battery remaining after 1 day 2 hours+. Screen on time only 31 minutes though, but still amazing. The ROM is a completely fresh install of the 20130218 nightly, not a single app installed, just connected the Google account and browsed a bit with the stock browser.

The Following User Says Thank You to kokoon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cyanogenmod, official, tf700t
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes